Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on December 27, 2014
Fun race track for my kids and they don't seem to get bored with it. We create elimination tournaments and Bone Shaker in lane 4 is unbeatable. It folds up nice for storage and is durable. It's a simple set up of four lanes that the cars roll down when the release lever is pulled. The yellow gates spring up throwing the slower cars off the track until only one remains at the finish line. I paid around $50 and it should probably be priced around $30 In my opinion but we use it a lot. We do not enjoy this as much as the new Hot Wheels 5 lane starter set that they got for Christmas though. It has two lane racing from a higher level and a jet that shoots skyward at the finish.
review image
on March 22, 2014
I wish it had a few options, such as maybe a better locking mechanism to stabilize the platform when raising the height even more when using extension tracks as well as a way to turn off the spring-loaded jumping bars, but those are relatively minor gripes. This things is one of the neater sets Hot Wheels put out and my son and I are looking forward to adding some of the motorized jobbies to it at some point to make something really crazy. So far, it's been a ton of fun, though.
on January 9, 2014
Pros are it's easy to set up, folds compactly and unfolds easily and quickly, and takes abuse well (my 2-year old occasionally throws it around and stands on the bottom end. My boy loves it and will ask me to play hot wheels with him, and he actually said "I love hot wheels" after I gave him this and a dozen or so cars for christmas. That he is very happy with it gives me a lot of joy. He's even experimented with raising the track higher and was excited that he made the cars go faster!! Thus, it actually is helping his creative process.

The only drawback is that, from a strictly competitive standpoint, the elimination triggers, although surprisingly well-designed for a low-cost toy, don't always work right, in that the lead car sometimes gets stuck in it or knocks itself off. It happens every once in a while, not enough to take away from the fun, but noteworthy I think. It kind of adds to the idea of racing luck I guess.

This amazon product is good because it comes without the set of cars (it does come with one goofy-looking car) and thus is a lot cheaper, so you can buy the cars you like separately and it will cost the same, or if your child already has cars, there's no reason for a bunch of extra if you don't need them and/or want to pay for them. Every toy store I went to only had it for around $40 with ~20 cars, whereas here I got it for $20 with only one car

Competition note: The Jaguar D-type and Chevelle are the fastest hot wheels we've raced thus far!!! Although, due to the chaos factor, the results are not guaranteed!

Overall, great toy for the money.
on December 30, 2012
After reading a lot of reviews on the Hot Wheels ramps and such being not-so good, this one had "decent" reviews so I bought it for my son. He is four, and I thought he and his sister would have a blast racing cars down the ramp. So far so good! It's not very "strong" and often comes apart at the joints (there are three), but is easily popped back together. For the price it's great, and yes, the kids LOVE racing the cars and they go VERY fast off the ramp, and then across the room (of course). Buy the storage case for the cars too so that they don't lose them!
on August 14, 2016
Fun little hot wheels toy. Not nearly as cool as the six lane track that was discontinued. 😭 Sometimes the little gates stick and that's frustrating for a toddler. But he's learning how to use it now and overall he likes it. Wish I had the dough to splurge on the six lane but that price is insane! This works.
on January 1, 2015
I give this a 5-stars because it's inexpensive (as far as Hot Wheels race tracks are concerned), the kids (8 and 2) enjoy it, and because it's so easy to put together, fold, store, and etc. In fact, it's already put together when you take it out of the box, you just unfold it. The simplicity is great for parents and great for kids.
on January 12, 2015
My sons picked up this track after saving up their money. They haven't come out of the room since. Seems they have a little competition going on with their matchbox cars and are tracking the wins and losses. Very creative. They set this up themselves and are very happy. Nice to see in this day and age that Hot Wheels is still a commodity.
on February 16, 2013
We've had this toy for 2 weeks. It is my boys favorite b-day gift. The two of us (and sometimes my 5 and 7 yr old girls) will play with it for over an hour a day. Lots of fun. But have plenty of HotWheels.
on November 6, 2014
My son, daughter and I enjoy this so much each day. Easy to assembly and provides a load of fun for hours on end. My son now has a sizeable collection of hot wheels and has his favorite racers as do I. What I love about this is at times, both cars fighting for same space and they eject each other out or side swipe each other out of the track. Again, endless fun and easy to store away.
on January 17, 2014
I bought this for my girlfriend's 3-year-old and he has done so many races with his hot wheels cars it's ridiculous! This simple track uses gravity to let the hot wheels race, and the little yellow pieces launch the slower cars off. It's fun, easy, and great.

It is not a sturdy, solid toy; it is mean to easily fold up for storage or travel, and it does! The other reviews have said that it breaks easily, etc. well it is designed to pull apart in the middle if you want it to. So, I don't see a problem there.

For $20 it is a good deal, doesn't require batteries, and provides hours of fun for a kid. You can't go wrong with this product.

-Peter

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.