Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 56 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 109 reviews
on December 27, 2010
DO NOT USE BLUE SUPPORT BEAMS!!!

We got this set for Christmas this year. We set it up as instructed and found it very difficult to get more than one car around the track. The problem is in the design of the set. The blue beams raise the tracks up high but they decrease the stability of the tracks. One car will go around just fine but the force of the car causes the opposite loops of the track to jostle back and forth severely. If you have two cars going this jostling is strong enough to cause the cars to fall off the track. My kids decided to remove the support beams and guess what. The tracks are way more stable and we were able to get multiple cars going at once for many laps around the track. We even got five cars around a couple of times but this is very tricky. I can not understand why Hot Wheels put these support beams on the set. Once you take them off it will make this toy a million times more fun for everyone.

Also, the kids found a trick for getting mulitple cars going:

Place a car on one of the arrow stickers and let it sit.
Start a car on an opposite loop.
The moving car will come around with enough force to knock the sitting car into the spinning wheels and still have enough movement to go through the wheels itself.
We have tried placing three sitting cars on three arrows and we were able to send another car around and got all of the cars going around the track.
This is a great tip for little kids to not get frustrated trying to get multiple cars on the track.

In conclusion: DO NOT USE BLUE SUPPORT BEAMS!!!
44 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2011
I too grew up with Hot Wheels and have noticed a lack of quality they once hand! This track is pretty fun for my 3 y/o who loves it. The only problem is the motor is very loud!!! and my wife gets tired of the noise real quick. Other than that, we bought this for him as he is in love with "Cars" the movie and has a lot of the vehicles, the only problem is that the Disney version of Hot Wheels are to wide for this track so be aware!! He still has some Hot Wheel cars and still wanted to keep this track and loves it. I've heard some complain about the difficulty of assembly and if you're comfortable with the U.S alphabet, you will have no problems with this! It went together in about 5 minutes. I've also heard some problems with the blue braces needing to be taped down. You can adjust them to get them to the perfect spot and on a hard surface we've had no problems, i.e. train table!

Hope this helps someone,

I forgot to add that we found if you give the cars a little push on the flat portions of the track, they will have enough speed to stay on the track!!
on January 4, 2011
My son wanted this toy for Christmas - SO BADLY. He wrote his leter to Santa and was thrilled at the thought of getting this on Christmas morning. Well, he got it. And we opened it up and put it together exactly how it was supposed to go. We put in the batteries and he eagerly turned on the switch. He then put the Hot Wheels car on the track , hoping it would fly around the track like it is supposed to. But what happened? nothing. It started up the first loop and fell off as it hit the corner. We never once got it to go around. We tried several other cars, and ironically the one it came with was the worst. Some of his heavier cars actually made it around the first loop, only to fall right off the second. After trying several different times to get it to work (even had other family members look at it to make sure I had it together properly). I told my son that it had to go back to Santa's Workshop and that I would go get him something else that worked to replace it. He was bummed, but he is looking forward to getting a new toy - once Amazon refunds me my money (I sent it back last week).
on October 20, 2010
It's not that easy to get four cars going around the track. The track is small and the cars go whipping by quickly. The motors launch the cars pretty fast so that they get around the steep banked curves (or they fall off). The four 'D' batteries must be in top notch condition as each car will decrease the motor speed slightly as the car travels through the launcher housing. The motors must recover their speed before the next car arrives or else it won't launch it fast enough and the car will fall off the curve. Given the variables at play: batteries, car quality, track placement wobbliness, user's ability to time it just right, I found this toy somewhat frustrating. When I tried only two or three cars, they'd traverse the track just fine, go for awhile, and eventually one or all would fall off the track, but seldom crash. The more cars, the higher the likelihood of a crash, but getting more cars on the track is a pain (maybe fun for some). Overall, I don't like this Hot Wheels set and wouldn't recommend it. If the product had only been $20, I'd have given this 3 stars, but at $40 it is not worth it. One last minor gripe is that the battery housing is too tight (it's harder than it needs to be to insert/remove the 'D' cells) and the cheap battery cover barely stays in it's hinges.
66 comments| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2014
Although the newer power pods are not as powerful as the original, this is actually a great track.
on December 31, 2010
HOt Wheels Criss Cross Track Set is great fun for all, but when a piece isn't just right the cars go flying off. I paid twice the sale price (at Target) from Amazon after a tedious search at online stores and walk up stores 3-4 weeks before Christmas. After reading reviews, I was dead set on getting this for my grandson, age 7. He loves it! It is not a toy that a child will spend over 10 minutes playing, however. BUT it is COOL to see the cars go zipping around the track even three and four at a time! I'm not sure this plastic track was worth the big price I paid over-looking the smile on my grandchild's face....Buying at Amazon, I was able to secure the track for Christmas and got it fast!
on July 15, 2016
My grandson loves to watch the cars zip around. And the playset works very well.
on January 26, 2016
My kids LOVE this track. This is the second time I have bought it because they other one fell apart from moving and being used so much. We will probably need a 3rd one before the kids outgrow playing with these kinds of toys.
on January 19, 2012
I got this hotwheels track (along with a 5-pack of hotwheels cars) for my 5-year-old son for Christmas. After scrounging up 4 D-cell batteries and putting together the track (not too difficult), my son couldn't get enough of this toy. The motor in the middle sends the cars shooting out at a remarkable (but still safe) velocity. Obviously, this is the main attraction for a kid his age! Mom's not thrilled with the room this toy needs to operate, but my son likes making the cars crash into each other.
on December 20, 2010
I got this as the 'Must Get' toy for my son's 6th birthday. Completely worth it just to hear him shout and get super excited over it at his birthday party... The first week, it was awesome, worked properly, etc. Well, a little over a week later, it's not wanting to hold together and the cars made for it seems to not really work with it. (They tend to just fly off.) If I had to do it over, I would still buy it just because he loved it so much. I just wish it was a little more durable.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.