Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Paul McCartney Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 224 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 269 reviews
on October 12, 2012
My husband ordered this product for my son's birthday. Unfortunately my husband isn't one to read reviews so when I checked the reviews on here I became concerned.

Pros:
-My son AND daughter love it. They will giggle and crack up if the cars crash.
-Set up was fairly easy.

Cons:
-4 'D' batteries!
-Only comes with one car, though my son has so many cars that we easily found others that will work for the track. Weight had a lot to do with it. If the car is too heavy it won't even go around the loop. If it's too light it won't make it around the whole track.
-LOUD!!! Just turning the toy on is loud enough, but once those cars start going around the loop it gets much, much louder. So if you are looking for a quiet toy, this is not it! Our kids have a time frame in which they can play with this, and it starts after Mommy has had her coffee!

It looks like the cons outweigh the pros, but the number 1 pro is that my kids love it! They get so much entertainment from it.
22 comments| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2013
I read a number of reviews before deciding to give this a try. Looking for something fun to play with with my 2+ year old. I know it is a little old for him but figured I could have some fun too.

Assembly was a little more involved than any track set I remember. Tracks are a little more flimsy than anything I remember 30+ years ago - guess that is "progress".

As others mention - it only comes with 1 car - and it is a disappointingly poor quality one at that. It did not work very well at any point.

Being a little thrifty I decided to run it with 10,000mah NiMH rechargable D cells. Though aware they only put out 1.2volts. Ended up insufficient to really get the cars moving and only a few of the ones I tried went around the loop.
So as a DIYer I ran 6volts and 6amps from my full sized car charger - more than enough power though not more than the 6 volts it would normally get from batteries. So it spins the cars at a good pace. Not many cars I tried stay on the track. only 3 of the rally style cars I found work best - they will stay on the track for 3 or 4 laps but ultimately they get stuck in the release chute from the loop. Just a poor design.

I get the impression the people at hotwheels have not spent a whole lot of time with one of these on the boardroom table using it. Because they would not in good conscience have released it as is.

As for my son - he lost interest in a matter of minutes - cannot say I blame him. I would hate to be trying to keep this thing supplied with D Cell batteries and continually recovering cars that crash because of the track - not the crash zones.

Feel like returning but perhaps I will put it aside and maybe in a few years it will be of more interest. Unlike sets I used as a kid - this set is not durable, functional, or adaptable to be used with other track layouts. Bit of a disappointment really! (I may add some video shortly)
on December 10, 2012
False Advertisement, does not work with other cars which in my opinion is dumb. This track should work with all hot wheel cars because it is a track from hot wheels. I am certainly not happy with this product.
on November 30, 2015
I would give it another star, as it does what it is supposed to do, but it is obnoxiously noisy. It only took having to listen to this thing for a few minutes, before I decided it was going to go away, as soon as possible. My son liked it though. So, if you can keep it somewhere the noise won't be an issue, it can be fun.
on February 11, 2013
...If I had any idea that this toy would be so noisy, I wouldn't have purchased it. Although my son likes it, he does complain about the noise it makes, which leaves me even more disappointed. He just turned 5 and if he complains about noise, that should tell you how noisy it really is. My oldest son said it's a cross between the cars friction going around the tracks at such high speed, and the motor revving up to push the cars thru, that makes it such a noisy toy. If you don't mind noises, then this might not bother you. If you're like me and don't like a whole bunch of unnecessary noises, it might be better if you find something else for your little guy. It's too late for me, but at least if I write this review, someone won't have to feel as though they have wasted their hard earned money. Buyer Beware Alert!!!!!!!!
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2013
My daughter, yes you heard it right, my daughter loves it. Who says that cars are just boys thingy and that girls are there to play with pinky pinky brainless semi-nude dolls and such trash? The cars are very fast. You can also buy as many cars as you want separately. This item is a blast. Yes, I highly recommend it.
on December 28, 2014
I am pretty meticulous at setting up these types of toys, but I would not recommend this toy. The car doesn't make it around the track more than once without falling out because of lack of speed. Getting it out of the starting chute requires cat like reflexes; if you miss the car just slams into the gate you need to open in a millisecond.

If I hadn't already destroyed the box (actually the child did) I would return it.

Lastly it only comes with 1 car and I have 80 other cars, none of which fit.
on November 15, 2013
My 3yr old son is possessed by hot wheels cars - he probably has 300 of them (we used them as a reward in potty training). He spent about 5 minutes with this somewhat noisy, 4 D cell killing machine. We revisit it every few days for another minute or two of excitement or to watch me change batteries. The track works better than most, but as the batteries die out (in just a few minutes), the cars fail to make it all the way around the track, or get stuck somewhere.

As stated, it's better than most other tracks like this, but if there was an AC power potion - it would be much better. The track isn't all that portable, so plugging it into a wall wart power supply would really make sense.
on February 19, 2014
Got the Mega Loop Mayhem track set after returning the Triple Track Twister for my nephew and was disappointed AGAIN. While one of the ramp that allows the cars to exit the loop worked as designed, the other one opens only halfway. More then likely poor quality control is the problem not the overall design of the track but still feel like i wasted time and money AGAIN.
on January 6, 2013
Good Nights. I live in Venezuela, receive the product and I deliver it to my grandson as gift of navidad. I arm the track and him the batteries were placed indicated (4 "D"). For surprise of all the track I do not work. Much would be grateful for the review of the indicated.

Buenas Noches. Vivo en Venezuela, recibo el producto y se lo entrego a mi nieto como regalo de navidad. Se le armo la pista y se le colocaron las pilas indicada (4 "D"). Para sorpresa de todos la pista no funciono. Mucho agradecería la revisión de lo indicado.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.