BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 14, 2015
nice but very high to have shipped
on June 21, 2012
We got this a few days ago and so far so good.

ASSEMBLY
It took about 1 hour for two women to put it together...it was easy. Just follow the steps.

POWER
We weren't sure how my 3-year old would do so we started the truck in the low gear. It was fine for a while, but was clear that it just didn't have enough 'oomph' to get over some little hills. So, by the end of the FIRST afternoon of driving it he was using the higher gear and it drove much better.

STURDY
It's sturdier than I thought it would be. My 3-year old son is still learning to drive it and has already driven it into tree stumps, our deck, trees, etc, and so far it is still in tact. Sometimes it gets stuck, but our yard has a lot of uneven spots. And, with the reverse gear he usually manages to get the truck going again.

BATTERY
The battery works fine and so far it has run for at least 60 - 90 minutes...my son hasn't driven it until the battery runs out, so under our conditions, I have no idea yet how long the battery lasts.

ROOMY
The two seats in the truck have a lot of room. My 3-year old still has growing room in it and my 6-year old is able to fit comfortably with ample leg room.

COMPLAINT
-The truck is a little pricey, but so far it has been well worth it, as it keeps the kids entertained and they are having a great time driving it.
-There is NO indicater in the truck to let you know how much "juice" is in the battery. Our neighbor next door has the same exact truck only it's an older model and theirs has indicator lights to give you an idea of what is left in their battery: "Green" light indicates that the battery is fully charged; "Yellow" light indicates that the battery is starting to get low; "Red" light indicates that it's time to charge the battery. Ours does not have this so I have no way of knowing when the battery is getting low. The instructions tell you to NOT let the battery run out, but if I have no indication of how much is left, I don't know when to take it out and charge it. So, figuring out what is left in the battery is a guessing game.

OVERALL
We are very happy with the purchase and would definitely recommend it to a friend. The kids love it and it's a lot of fun for them to drive.

NOTE
The price here at Amazon is listed for $599.00. However, we purchased it at Walmart for $360.00, so definitely review other sites for a more competitive price.
on January 19, 2013
Santa brought this for my 3 year old this Christmas. I was able to get it online black Friday at an outside store for 250. My son has driven it almost everyday since then. The 2.5mph gear lasted for 30 minutes. He wanted it to go faster. I will say he had previous experience with the smaller AC ride ons previous to this. At 2.5mph it has a difficult time on grass, gravel, and especially on mud. I have over an acre yard and we tried it on multiple surfaces. In 5 mph gear he is able to get over most hills in grass and gravel. At too much of an incline he will get stuck in mud. It does an absolute fantastic job. It lasts for about 2.5 hours on 5 mph. This is after a month and a half of every day use. My yard is at an incline and he is able to ride to the back yard and back up to the front yard with very little difficulty (especially on the grassy parts). I had looked at reviews on other webpages and I was concerned since there were several that stated it had difficulty with small hills, grass, gravel and mud. I can tell you it goes through puddles (his favorite thing to do), grass and gravel. It does have trouble going up a hill that is mostly mud. However, it can go through any of those surfaces when flat, especially when in the 5 mph gear.

I have noticed when in 2.5 mph one tire will spin for the most part. In 5mph gear both tires will spin and this helps significantly with grip. My son has learned that on his own and will switch to 2.5 when on the road and 5 when in the grass or other areas.

I would completely recommend this toy to any child. My second son is 8 months old and my 3 year old constantly tells me the passenger seat is for his younger brother. I have to tell him almost everyday he isn't old enough yet.

My one complaint is the radio. It picks up signal well and it can get loud. The problem is it turns off automatically. After about 5 minutes of use it turns off. It doesn't matter if you are riding the truck or not, it turns off. My son constantly stops and turns on the radio again when riding. He likes the music on. I have looked in the manual and there is no mention on how to turn this feature off.
on December 25, 2013
Like other customers, I bought ours at Walmart for $349 (and got a $75 giftcard to boot!). I was surprised at the price listed on Amazon!

I was very, very excited to give this to my newly turned 3 year old son for Christmas. I was blown away at how large it is and how sturdy it seems. My biggest complaint? I feel like I spent a LOT of money because this truck has the "Ford" logo on it. I don't feel the price necessarily justifies the product:

-I was very bummed to learn this truck did not have a horn. Really? The description doesn't say there's a horn, but I bought it in the store and was expecting a horn.
-The radio is very unreliable - it works for a minute, then will go out for another five minutes. It also takes C batteries, which is an added expense.

The doors also do not open - which if your child is a little clumsy, could be an issue. I also expected the "mirror" stickers to be that metallic, shiny finish that actually looks like a mirror (well, as much as a sticker can!). This truck also does not have any working lights -- which was one of the first things my son was excited about. I find it strange that it does have a strip of reflective tape on the back, but no lights. I think we will be modifying our truck to make it more real for our son. We'll be adding some LED lights, finding a "horn," and making some custom decals.

On the plus side, the truck is large and seems pretty sturdy. My son had it up and down grass hills, running over branches, and even ran into a chain-link fence twice. (He must get that from his father...) The slower speed was kind of laggy on grass and the hills, but the faster speed was great! It had a lot of power. My son rode it today for about an hour and a half on the fastest speed and we didn't have any weakening issues. Like another user said, there is no battery life indicator, so we will be be doing a nightly charge after each use.

My son had a little trouble reaching the pedal (he's short like his mama!), but seemed to love it. There's room for another child, so it'll be great for him to drive his cousin around.

Also -- my son actually almost spun out on the smooth asphalt at our house. The smooth asphalt/blacktop seems to give this traction issues, judging by the tire spinning and my son fishtailing. There is no brake, by the way, but it does stop when you let off the pedal.

Overall, the quality, speed, and sturdiness is great. Would I recommend this one? Not unless you're a Ford enthusiast and don't mind the whole no horn/no lights/no doors/shoddy radio. My son loves it, so I suppose that's what matters!
on July 18, 2014
Are u kidding me ? We have been disputing this for 2 and half weeks said they delivered it but a 3 yr old signed for please look at ur records . This company has a lot to be desired customer relations is not one of them not Amazon the toy company they don't deserve a star but won't let me submit without it
on May 27, 2012
just wanna say you intrested in buying this truck look for it at walmart list price $349.00 six hunder for this truck who are they kidding sorry 600 is to much
on July 9, 2012
we bought the truck for our son as a gift from his second birthday is a bit expensive but worth it.The truck is better than we expected
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question