Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Customer reviews

55%
45%
Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
VINE VOICEon July 26, 2011
It's normal for parents to get upset with their kids from time to time. It's not good though, to be angry at your kids all the time, because it can hurt them. When Anger Hurts Your Kids, is a book that teaches parents how to control their angry feelings and better manage their frustrations.

The book begins with a questionaire to evaluate if a parent might have a problem with anger. It introduces the concept of keeping an anger diary. The next chapters explain why parents get angry and why kids act the way they do.

The chapters on changing what you think and changing what you do are very helpful. These chapters help identify trigger thoughts that can quickly lead to uncontrolled anger. There are many suggestions on what to do when one starts to feel angry. A three-week relaxation plan is provided to help parents feel more calm and in control.

The authors acknowledge that if anger is a problem, it's going ot take a lot of practice implementing the ideas to really learn how to change things. The advice in this book is very helpful. It's a good start for parents struggling with anger.
on March 11, 2015
Very helpful info for parent. Message lingers in my head. I do encourage struggling parents to read it.
on December 2, 2013
This book uses simple advice and examples. Helpful for parents who recognize the problem. Maybe not for those that do not see the need to change.
on August 30, 2006
This book explains about your emotions and trying to raise children. Some of us have short fuses and need to learn how to rethink situations that could lead to harmful situations for both parents and children. I find the material very helpful. I also bought this book for a friend who was interested in the topic and she loves it too. My husband bought it and had not touched it yet but I will keep reminding him. Great and interesting book.
on January 3, 2013
I started reading this book and I am slowly learning how to better do things to control my yelling around the kid.
on May 13, 2010
I got this book during a terrible period in my life, it has helped me no end in realising what anger does to children and how to avoid it. I have used it to the letter and it works.
on January 21, 2013
This is one of the best books written to help parents understand their children and their own reactions to them. It describes typical behavior for each age child and how the parents' self talk can detemine whether the parent feels anger and frustration or whether they end up feeling calm. Obviously, the lader predisposes the parent to respond to their children with patience and love.
on December 3, 2012
I love this book,,, have read it twice,, (yes) sometimes it may take twice to get the patience for your kids That I was looking for..
on October 2, 2010
I got htis book to use with my clients...its basically cognitive behavioral therapy focusing on anger. I recommended for other professionals to expand how you target automatic thoughts as well as lay people wanting to manage their anger.

because it is CBT you can't just read the book, you must actually do the exercises and homework. CBT requires practice and dillegence...as with anything requiring change it takes effort and practice...if you are willing then this book will help you.