Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning britboxlaunch britboxlaunch britboxlaunch  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on January 1, 2014
Purchased this new book after previously buying several of Marcy Goldman's baking books. I couldn't wait to browse through it, cover to cover, when I received it last week. Reading through the various recipes and Marcy's notes was a pleasure, quite warm & inviting, and got me really stoked to start trying some of her recipes. It was difficult to decide on which recipe(s) to first try, as there were so many that appealed to me, from the pancakes & waffles to the chicken dishes to the soups, salads & side dishes. I finally settled on the the Cuban grilled chicken & Greek restaurant potatoes earlier this week, both simple to make, and my husband and loved them both...delicious!!! This morning I made the blueberry sour cream pancakes for 4 of us, and everyone gobbled them up.

I've been baking/cooking since I was a young child, and have devoured many cookbooks over the past 50+ years, but never have I come across cookbooks from 1 author that I have enjoyed as much. Love, love, love Marcy's recipes for breads, cakes & cookies, and now her breakfast, lunch & dinner recipes. Can't wait to try lots more of the recipes!!!

If you enjoy using your kitchen, you can't miss with any of Marcy Goldman's cookbooks, but When Bakers Cook is a very special treasure...you'll feel that she's in the kitchen with you!
on January 21, 2015
I just recently wrote a review for Marcy Goldman’s new cookbook “The Baker’s Four Seasons” which is a wonderful book and I realized I had not yet done a review for her last book “When Bakers Cook”. It is such a wonderful cookbook, and such a great idea because even the best bakers have to make dinner too don’t they? I really loved this book it is my favorite of all of Marcy’s cookbooks. Just like all of her books it is so full of recipes and just so much fun to read and cook from. There are even a few sweet things in the back to top off the meal with. A dish I have made that was really fun was, Popover Chicken, different because you pour the batter over the chicken and it all bakes up together and then you top it with a delicious mushroom sauce. This was as delicious as it was fun. Another favorite was American Chicken Smothered in Mushrooms, I am a big mushroom fan, and the Italian Sausage and Peppers Rustica and the Best Roast Beef were both a big favorite when I made them for my family. There are some pretty great side dishes in this book too, like the Greek Restaurant Potatoes and the Restaurant Style Ranchers Potato Wedges, both are so good I make them all of the time for our weeknight dinner and for company. I have not made a lot of the desserts yet, but have made the Stovetop Coconut Cream Rice Pudding and it was so so good! This is such a great cookbook, I highly recommend it. I have all of Marcy’s cookbooks and each one is a great addition to my many cherished cookbooks.
on January 18, 2014
When I bought this book, I didn't know what to expect; but I would say that this is one the best cookbooks that I own now. It has a nice collection of recipes for meals that are so tasty. I plan to use it as much as I can. I found a really nice recipe for bread pudding toward the back of the book and it is a twist on the recipe. Fine restaurants make lots of money off of recipes like this served in the restraurant.
on January 31, 2014
OMG!!!!!!!!!! I knew that Marcy was a the best at baking. But I just got this book last night. I'm half way through it and I want to make everything in the book that I've read so far. I can't wait till this weekend to start. The only hard part is deciding what to make first. The recipes are easy to follow and easy to make. Most of the things that are listed should already be in your pantry. People please......... buy this book. It'll be some of the best money you ever spend. i now own every book that Marcy has written, and I've had success with everything out of every book that I have made.
on March 23, 2014
I have this author's baking book and I was intrigued with this type of book. The brined roated chicken is excellent. Also, the carrot cake biscotti are a nice treat.
on July 7, 2014
A well written, organized cookbook. Enjoyable for the experienced cook and detailed enough for the beginner. A must for any library.
on July 23, 2015
I love the book. I've made about 10 different recipes and have been more than pleased with the results. It's a very fun cookbook.
on May 12, 2014
I love her recipes and I'm subscribed to her e-mail list, so when I found out about this cookbook, I didn't think it twice!
on July 12, 2014
A wonderful, eclectic assortment of recipes for family style or entertaining. Not your ordinary thematic cookbook, but a treasury of recipes and ideas for bakers and home cooks alike.
on August 16, 2014
was a present for a friend,who loves to bake she seemed very happy with it.