Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 164 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 209 reviews
on January 28, 2016
This book has given my almost three year old daughter many different techniques for working through the big feelings of being angry or upset about something. Deep breathing, playing by yourself, sitting and having some quiet, going for a walk; all are options presented by this book. I enjoy the art and the rabbit characters are relate-able and their emotions easy to decipher from the illustrations. I would recommend this book to anyone who has a young child in their life because it helps kids cope with their feelings in constructive ways that become second nature when read to the child often enough.
on August 9, 2017
I like the examples the book gives on situations that anger kids and different ways to cope in a healthy way.
on August 1, 2016
My toddler will be turning 3 soon. This book has really helped her Express her anger in a safe and healthy way. Toddlers get so frustrated at times because they still can't communicate exactly their needs or feelings. We still read this book almost weekly and she loves it. It's really been a help for us.
on February 4, 2017
Great book for preschoolers.
on July 27, 2017
This book is beautifully drawn and beautifully written. It has been very helpful for our family!
on December 27, 2011
This is possibly a good book, illustrations are interesting and funny, text covers important issues re anger. However, after reading once, my 3-year old refuses to read it ever again. Perhaps topic of anger is sensitive...or I suspect he did not like the depiction of angry rabbit with the lightening in the background. I agree with another reviewer that instances depicted as making rabbit angry maybe for older children not 3-year old. I found it difficult and unnecessary to translate /explain that our thoughts and deeds are not the same...I think my son lost me on this one. My son gets angry when he does not like what someone else says or if someone does things differently than he would...these simple issues where not covered.
>>>a year later, my son (almost 4) likes to read this book, he realized it gives him strategies and ideas as to how to deal with his anger. I just changed some of the stories with similar but more related to his experiences. Overall, book accomplished its purpose.
on April 21, 2013
I bought this for my 4 year old to help facilitate discussion about appropriate ways to handle anger and it's really helped. I love that this books goes through triggers (hurt feelings, disappointment, frustration), the things you want to do when you're angry (yell, hit, say something mean), and then gives good alternatives (leave the situation, deep breaths and blow them out, exercise, doing something fun, rest, cry, time alone, ask for help, talking and listening). It's a very cute book and I think my son could really relate and has gotten better about talking about his feelings instead of just throwing tantrums. It's also helped me to remind him in the moment of better ways to handle his feelings. Sometimes it is so apparent how overwhelming feelings can be at this age and it's nice to feel like I have something to offer him to help him deal with them.
on November 1, 2016
This book is great for the times my kids feel scared and it is a reminder of what to do and how to handle it - from a kid's perspective.
on February 13, 2016
This is a great book and really helps my 3 year old put his own feeling into perspective. It has some coping methods that we use and when he is dealing with strong feelings we acknowledge the feelings and reference the book. It offers a distraction and reminds him of the ways to deal with his feelings. Of course it doesn't work every time but avoiding even one meltdown is always good in my book.
on June 15, 2017
Excellent book that talks about angry feelings