Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: When I Get Bigger - Little Critter
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School STEM

on March 4, 2012
I have bought 6 of these stories from OceanHouse Media and my kids like them all. You can read the story yourself; have it read to you, but you still turn the pages; or you can put it on auto-play and it will turn the pages while it reads the story all on its own.

You touch the pictures and it will say and show the word, on one page alone there are lots of words to bring up from the pictures. On the page where he is camping there is owl, tree, leaves, tent, backyard, grass, night, moon, little critter, mouse, blanket, and rock.

When it is on Read It Myself you can tap on the words on the screen and it will say each word, it reminds me a lot of the Leap frog books.

I like that unlike e-books, which only take up a fraction of the screen on my kindle, these take up the entire screen.
on August 22, 2011
I have begun buying these apps of Little Critter and my daughter loves them. So far we have only four: I just forgot, When I get bigger, The new potty and Me too. Out of all of these, my two year old likes "Me too" and "The new potty". Each story has a good ending which summarizes the story and a plot of some kind, a lesson to be learned. Out of these books, I think this one is the one without a real plot. It just talks about the little critter daydreaming of what he will do when he grows up. The images are not necessarily connected with one another and are a little bit random. The ending is a little plain but as a whole I still like the book as well as the series. I removed one star from the rating only because I thought the idea of the book could have been better made and the pictures not so randomly placed. My daughter likes all of these all the same.
on November 2, 2012
I love this book! One of the things I love is the different things you can do with it and how it teaches the children to read. It can be set to read to yourself, read itselt and auto play where it reads to you and turns the pages. It highlights the words being read. You can also point to pictures and the words for what it is comes up. I really would like to get more little critter books as well as find others that do the same thing.
The pictures are colorful and creative and the book is engaging.
on June 23, 2013
We had these books for our kids, now we have them for our grandkids. Have to find all the spiders, frogs and mice again. I love the stories and illustrations.

Would buy any additional that are released.
on October 6, 2012
So darn cute. Love the music in the background and the critters voices. I had lots of fun with this book and plan to add to my collection.My age, 70. Oh by the way, my 2 year old nephew also loved it too!
on January 3, 2013
My household has been a great fan of the Little Critter's books. My sons were fans and now I have a grandson is now enjoying this line of books. The only thing different . . . grandson is listening to the books on my Kindle Fire.
on September 6, 2012
My 16 mos old daughter's FAVORITE. We listen to it every night, oftentimes more than once. Read by a delightful "young" reader, the story and illustrations we're familiar with, and the added game of finding the mouse on every page. A keeper for sure!
on September 6, 2012
I love Mayer's books and my children too but having them in an app is great! You get the story (in a very environmental- friendly version: non printed) plus it is interactive so you can read it for your kid, you can turn the pages and let it read by itself or just enjoy the book almost like a video.
My daughters love books but since they don't read yet is awesome for them to have the option of "pretend" and have the control to read. My husband is a teacher and his biggest concern was that our kids were going to loose interest in real books but he changed his mind when he saw our 2 year old reading and recognizing words in a printed copy of the book!! In other words, children can learn words and love reading as much as they love to play. Besides that I love the voice and sound effects (not annoying) and having it all for a very cheap price.
on September 6, 2012
great story, my son loves to look for the spider and mouse, he also likes the story and he often asks to listen to the story himself even though I offer to read it to him.
on September 21, 2012
My kids enjoyed the product; they especially liked finding the mouse! It is also a cute story. It was what was expected, especially since I bought it on sale for $0.99.