- Lee Strobel, best-selling author of The Case for Christ
I am a devoted fan of the television series When Calls the Heart, so I know for a fact that anyone who loves this series as much as I do will want this exceptional book for their personal collection. It offers not only daily inspiration but poignant moments to ponder as well as sweet reminders of favorite scenes from a beloved cast of characters.
- Beverly Lewis, New York Times best-selling author
- Michael Landon, Jr., executive producer and co-creator of When Calls the Heart and the Love Comes Softly series
A lovely devotional. The perfect companion for the many fans of When Calls the Heart.
- Francine Rivers, New York Times best-selling author
- Todd Starnes, best-selling author and host of The Todd Starnes Show on Fox News Radio
This book of devotionals is a delight. Brian Bird and Michelle Cox have succeeded in capturing the spirit that resonates through all of Janette Oke’s stories. The thoughtful and caring nature that impacts readers around the globe shines from these pages. Highly recommended.
- Davis Bunn, internationally best-selling author
- Eva Marie Everson, award-winning speaker and best-selling author, including The One True Love of Alice-Ann
A growing army of fans—the Hearties—have come to love the world of When Calls the Heart. Now let the show’s co-creator, Brian Bird, along with inspirational writer Michelle Cox, introduce you to a spiritual world behind the TV series. Their daily readings will remind you to slow down, look up, and reach out to the One who gave us our hearts in the first place—and who wants to keep them close to His.
- Mark Mittelberg, best-selling author of Confident Faith and The Case for Christ Devotional (with Lee Strobel)
- Camy “Cameron” Arnett, minister and entrepreneur, and cohost and producer of The Christian View; CamyArnett.com
If you consider yourself a “Heartie” or not, When God Calls the Heart is an exquisitely crafted devotional that will bring out the rich resolve in each of us. Brian Bird and my dear friend Michelle Cox have extracted the very best out of this well-loved story and have written a devotional that will transport you right to the heart of Hope Valley. You will renew your warm friendship with Elizabeth, learn from the wisdom of Abigail Stanton, long to be a mother to little Cody, and laugh in good-natured frustration at Rosemary Coulter. When God Calls the Heart is a devotional that makes time travel possible, prayer more meaningful, and the principles of God jump right off the page.
- Carol McLeod, best-selling author and speaker; author of Let There Be Joy!
- Edie Melson, award-winning author and blogger, director of the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference
When God Calls the Heart is an invitation for God to open your heart and your eyes to how He works in the everyday and to be filled with excitement for when, where, and how He is using you!
- Erica Wiggenhorn, speaker and author of An Unexplainable Life: Recovering the Wonder and Devotion of the Early Church and The Unexplainable Church: Rediscovering the Mission of the Early Believers
About the Author
His films have garnered awards from the New York Independent Film Festival, New York Festivals, Heartland Film Festival, the Movie Guide Awards, the Telly Awards and the Christopher Awards.
He has spoken widely on the intersection of the arts and the church, and his professional blog, BrianBird.net, serves as a lively exchange in the best practices of storytelling. Beyond Bird's professional achievements, he considers his top productions to date his thirty-six-year marriage to wife, Patty, and his five children.
Known for her encouragement with a Southern drawl, MICHELLE COX is a speaker and an award-winning, best-selling author. She is a member of the blog team for Guideposts, and her Life with a Southern Grandmother column runs twice each week at Guideposts.org.
She has written for Focus on the Family, FoxNews.com, Christian Cinema, WHOA Magazine for Women, Leading Hearts Magazine, and the website of Fox News radio host Todd Starnes. Michelle is the creator of the Just 18 Summers® brand of parenting products and resources, and has been a guest on numerous television and radio programs, including Hannity and Focus on the Family. She and her husband, Paul, have been married for forty-three years, and have three sons and six perfect grandchildren. Connect with Michelle at just18summers.com and GodGlimpses.com, on Twitter @MichelleInspire, and on Facebook at Facebook.com/MichelleCoxInspirations.