Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: When Greed Turns Deadly
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$7.99

on December 11, 2012
I am RuthAnn Roundy-Webb, daughter of Reeda Roundy. I was really surprised to find a book had been written about my Mom's murder. I found the book fascinating. I wasn't allowed in the courtroom, with exception to sentencing. The court records were unavailable after Bill appealed, so the book was enlightening to what transpired. I appreciate Dixie getting the material written and published.

There are a few minor inaccuracies about my Mom and her life. She was an amazingly beautiful, kind, and talented woman. I am grateful to have her influence in my life and wish I could have enjoyed her physical presence longer. Bill outlived both of my parents. I am hopeful that JoAnn, Sarah, and Jeff have healed with time. Clayton, Paul, and I have survived this tragedy together and I think our love for each other is intensified because of our trials.

Again, I want to thank Dixie for telling a story that I wasn't able to hear before.

RuthAnn
on July 26, 2012
Dixie Murphy what have you been doing all your life? This is one of the very best crime books I have read to date. And I have read a lot. Murphy keeps you turning pages in this book way past bedtime. Even to the very end, you are still kept in suspense. There is nothing more to say but if you like true crime do not miss this book.
on July 27, 2013
I bought this book at Barnes & Noble when I noticed a poster advertising a book signing by the author. I know and admire Dixie Murphy and would have purchased anything she wrote out of curiosity. I also happen to enjoy True Crime, so I looked forward to exploring her book.

By the time I was 50 pages into the book, I had to purchase the Kindle Edition so I could keep reading after lights out. It is a page-turner, and I could barely put it down long enough to go to work. Although I lived in the area at the time of the murders, I moved out of town before the trial and was glad to get the real story. Dixie did a great job of research and of telling the true story in a way that was suspenseful and interesting.

I sincerely hope Dixie Murphy finds another true crime story that catches her interest. I can hardly wait to read more!
on July 15, 2016
A very well written true crime , written like they should be. You start out getting to know the main people in the story , their lives , families and friends and their lifestyle .
This is the story of a couple who got married at a very young age , had a family and stayed married for many years. In the beginning , everyone thought it was a pretty good relationship , but after spending more time with them , they soon found the husband to be very mentally and verbally abusive , controlling and stingy with their money. I can't imagine how his wife put up with him for all those years , never getting angry or sticking up for herself.
As the years go by, the husband is involved in many shady dealings. After getting severely ill, his wife takes up the slack and keeps up with all her work plus his , still putting up with the abuse.
One night , it all comes to a head. A family is forever damaged , and one , possibly two innocent people are killed also.
The book was quite interesting, although a huge portion of it is the courtroom drama.
Now I need to see if this at hot has written any more books !
on April 14, 2015
I went through this entertaining book over the space of three afternoons and enjoyed it quite a lot. For the first book by what I take to be a non-professional writer, Dixie Murphy has done a fine job. To think that this crime drama was written some twenty years before it was published is impressive in and of itself and the fact that I lived in Idaho Falls and was familiar with the places and landmarks where the action took place made the book even more interesting. That interest led to some post-partum research and here I found myself wishing that Ms. Murphy had put more into the Epilogue: Whereas I was able find information on many of the public figures that were featured, it was hard find anything on the eventual fates of Bill Gray, the Gray and Roundy children, and their extended families who were so deeply affected by the reported events. Maybe I was just looking for an upbeat ending and maybe there is none to be had.
on September 18, 2013
As a retired criminal investigator for a district attorney I found this book EXTREMELY well researched and written. I would highly recommend it. I,'ll look forward to her next book.
on February 18, 2013
I would have liked to have been able to more easily access photos linked to the story. When I read book like this, the photos help me to be able to place the faces with the names and see what these people look like.
on September 19, 2012
This happened in 1989,I was looking for where are they all now?
He was is bad health and was wondering if he was still alive. How did he fare in prison? What happened to the rest of the family?
That would have been more interesting then the long boring trial. Other then that the first half was good with a few editing mistakes.It still was a interesting book,she was very sensitive to the children and their mixed feelings about their dad.
on January 26, 2012
If you like true crime authors such as Ann Rule and Joe McGinniss you will love this book by a new author Dixie Murphy. From the first page, I was captivated as she told a riveting account of this killers fleeing from the scene of the crime.
99 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2012
The daughter, Saralyn should be proud of herself.  Bill not only murdered his wife, but he killed her long before he shot  her.  He took her freedom physically and mentally.  He treated his wife and abused his wife for years.  Its a shame she couldnt live some years of happiness before death.