Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 238 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 271 reviews
on December 22, 2016
This is not a "self help" book but it is a bag of tools to use in achieving recovery. It is also is an exceptional primer for spouses, partners and family members in understanding what panic is and how it impacts the person with a panic disorder. Excellent book and it blends well with Burns work on depression. Highly recommended.
on January 9, 2016
This book has helped a lot. I have to admit, I have always been skeptical about books like these but i must admit, I feel better after reading this book and trying out the techniques as listed. If you feel anxious about anything but do not want to go see a doctor (as i did) try reading this book, it may be exactly what you need.
on March 19, 2017
I was recommended this book by my psychiatrist at UCLA, she highly recommended it. I'm so glad I bought it, it's already making a difference.
on August 2, 2017
I purchased this book looking for answers to why I was experiencing panic attacks and how (if possible) to control them. Reading this book satisfied these questions and more! I could empathize with, relate to and learn from the personal experiences of Dr. Burn's clients. His explanation of the causes and triggers of anxiety and panic attacks was easy to read and understand. The tools given to counteract attacks proved very helpful in my case! I like this book because it is relatable to my experience, made me feel understood, informational, and gave me helpful solutions! I only wish the tools were available as a downloadable PDF that can be manipulated. I would (and I do) recommend this book to others who find themselves trapped when panic attacks!
on May 26, 2017
Some good ideas here, but the regime he lays out gets pretty complicated if you're doing it on your own. I only got halfway through it and gave up. I suppose if my anxiety got worse I would try pick it up again. It would also be very helpful if there was site where you could print out the worksheets Dr. Burns has in the book.
on June 25, 2017
My therapist recommended this book to me during my first session, I've spent years and years with various therapists and various medications with little to no success. This isn't even my first "self help" book. However I finally broke down and gave this one a try because it felt like my only option. "When panic attacks" is surprisingly helpful as long as you're willing to put in the work. It reads more legitimately than most other books in this genre and actually reminded me of the psychology class I enjoyed in college. David Burns does a great job of keeping even the most scattered of brains focused by telling you a series of stories that you may very well relate to. Overall a great read and I'll be picking up his other books as well.
on August 11, 2017
Im only about 50 pages into the book but already I'm finding relief & self help tips. I would definitely reccomend this book to anyone struggling with intrusive thoughts.
I had also purchased his other book "Feeling Good", i find this one more interesting and easier to follow than feeling good.
I also love that he adds sections for you to work on to put it to action
review image review image review image
on August 13, 2017
I'll be honest, I had my doubts, but I was willing to try a self help book as therapy costs $200+ dollars.

This is the third day of doing the exercises and I've had 0 anxiety where normally I would have a lot. I can finally ride my bike to exercise and not have any worries or anxiety! :) Thanks Dr. Burns!
on April 2, 2015
Life Changin book please take a look. Its will change the way you thin about medications. It will change your life for the better. You dont need those crappy meds that dont work. Read this book, Feelign Good and The Emperors new drug, the rest is up to you.
on May 13, 2017
This is the first "self help" book I have read, but I have really learned a lot from it and I plan to start using its guidance to deal with my anxiety disorder. I can already see that it's going to help me.