Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 28, 2012
I have wondered for years why some people live and why some people die when I've spent so much time praying both. I'm often in awe when I read or hear about miracles of healings in the lives of people I just knew wouldn't pull through. While I am grateful for their healing, I am at the same time perplexed by the fates of others. Dr. Price does an amazing job breaking down this information into bite-sized pieces, using Scripture to backup it all up. Not only am I now able to look at prayer and life in a totally different way, I have learned so much more about my life and prayer and the possibilities ahead. Because of the valuable lessons taught in this book, I am able to look at life in a totally different way.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on November 1, 2012
This is a well written book. It appears to have been edited and reviewed well.
The author discusses what prayer is, what prayer can do for you, and some techniques for prayer,
The author discusses the question "Do you have any conditions for receiving healing?" In other words, what is a person holding onto too tightly that will not allow the healing to come?
The author discusses reasons that people have sickness.
The author discusses ways to relax and breathe to help with health issues.
I recommend this book.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse
Cheryl Price believes you should pray but she is also realistic enough to know that there may be many other factors that will lead you to a healthier life. In this book she explains how to pray but also explores all the reasons you may want to stay sick. Yes you read that right. It is hard to believe but there are many benefits to being sick. Also Cheryl Price explores the reality of stress and what it can do to your body. Changing jobs, getting out of a damaging relationship and giving up a disability income may be needed to get well.

In some ways this book makes getting well seem a little too easy. In reality you may need to follow your doctor's advice more carefully, change your diet or try alternative therapies. Those things are not mentioned in this book. I think the book could have explored many healing ideas but instead Cheryl Price sticks to the basics. The truth is we can pray all we want to but if we don't take care of our bodies illness will result. In this book you will learn how to release stress through breathing techniques and meditation. But don't worry you won't have to say any mantras.

If your New Year's resoution is to get well this book may be the wakeup call you need.

~The Rebecca Review
2 helpful votes
on October 29, 2012
WHEN PRAYER IS NOT ENOUGH TO HEAL YOUR BODY" is a refreshing word that opens up the readers understanding of what prayer is. From start to finish, Dr. Price holds the reader's hand as she unpacks the answer to unanswered prayers. I especially benefited from the question, "what do you need to do in addition to praying?"

The book is an easy read and enjoyable! You will come away feeling hopeful, exhilarated, and energized about prayer.

Great work Dr. Price!
5 helpful votes
on October 9, 2012
This book is very well written. An easy read offering a plethora of solutions and techniques as to why healing may not have happened for many. I thought the statement "prayer always brings a result" was very relevant and true. It is a point I feel should be stressed to believers. Your section on prayer was excellent because many are not taught how to pray. This is a wonderful pattern to follow. I also loved the expanded explanations following each key. It is a great book that yields excellent results! I would absolutely recommend it to others!
on February 9, 2014
More psycho babble than Biblical advice....many of which contradict the Bible. Too much worldly advice, all of which is nothing you can't fid picking up a women's magazine.
2 helpful votes
on April 24, 2013
This was simply not what I expected. The focus is not really on the spiritual aspect of healing. It is more about the importance of self evaluation to see if one has detrimental behaviors or thought patterns that hinder healing.
on July 28, 2013
When I couldn't sleep at 3:00am I was scrolling through my books and found this one I hasn't read yet. It truly did help me be aware and want to try to make changes and seek God in a better way.
on January 11, 2014
Downloaded this book in October, 2012. I just got around to reading it tonight. I was praying for a friend and needed some answers. This book helped me so much to understand why our healing is hindered and that it is not always God's will to heal us. It is a must read for all women. Will recommend it to all my friends.
on February 10, 2014
This book asks the tough questions for sure. It was super easy to read as I am not a reader ....although the typos were distracting at times. It is definitely a must read if you are serious about taking your health and wellness into your own hands and looking within.