Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 515 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 627 reviews
on June 18, 2012
I really liked this book until I got to the end. Oh right . . . there wasn't an end. I am OK when a book ends and they set you up with a teaser for the next book in the series. But this book did not resolve any of the main plot lines. Oh you found out who 2 paid bad guys were but you never found out what the mysterious event from years ago was that set up the whole chain of events in the book, or where the missing person in the story was located, or where the other missing person in the story was located, etc., etc., etc. If you want to know you have to buy book 2 in the series. Or maybe books 2 and 3 and 4.
77 comments| 213 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2014
Alexia Allen is forced to take time off from the firefighting job she loves, because her equipment failed, she ran out of air, and she disobeyed an order to save a child. She had been thinking about going home for her high school reunion, so maybe this is the push she needed. Because her family was so dysfunctional, she hasn't seen any of them in ten years. As soon as she returns, however, people start dying, and someone is trying to kill her. Hunter Graham, the police detective who was three years ahead of her in school, is the one bright spot. He seems determined to keep her save and find out what’s going on. As the dangerous incidents pile up, the mystery gets even more muddled.

I loved this book to start with. It is one of the best I’ve read by Lynette Eason and an excellent mystery. It became so good I stayed up much too late to finish it and see who else was involved. It was apparently someone close to Alexia or at least knew her well. Then, the book just ended without anything being solved. I was so disappointed and felt cheated. I think an author has an understood contract with a reader to provide a complete story. To do otherwise, especially without indication, is dishonest. Such practices are bad enough on any level, but, for a Christian writer, it is even more despicable. I feel sure this is not God’s will. It is undoubtedly a marketing ploy to force readers to buy the rest in the series. Well, it does the opposite for me. I will not be manipulated in such an underhanded way. I would never buy the other books in the series now. And, as much as I like Lynette Eason’s writing, I will be leery of her books from now on. I considered whether to give the book one or two stars, for, despite the lack of an ending, it is well-written. However, considering how much I hate this practice, I’m always going to rate books with no ending and no warning of that a one.
3030 comments| 223 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2014
I was extremely disappointed in this book since the mystery was never resolved. Who writes a mystery without an ending!!!!
on May 13, 2014
I chose this rating because the story never really ended-just abruptly stopped!!! It really kept me wanting to read more, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because it just leaves you
hanging!!!
on October 5, 2012
I'm giving this 2 stars, but that's it. The action was good and the lesson on God was inspiring without being too "preachy". While I do like to read "series" of books, I like each book to resolve itself. Dee Henderson does this expertly in her O'Malley series. Each book is about a different person in a family, but you get to know the whole family better with each book. With this book just when you thought you would find out who really was doing the dirty deed, the book just ended. I had to flip back through the pages to see if I'd missed something. I really wished I'd read the reviews about this book before I read it, I would not have bothered with it. The one phrase that the author used TOO MANY times was, "She chewed on her lip," or a variation of it. Even though the main character got beat up pretty badly in the end, I was surprised she had any lip left to bloody. She just kept chewing on it.
on May 10, 2014
NOTE: This is book 1 of a series and it does not stand alone, nor can these books be read out of order. Also, this is a Christian Romantic/Suspense story. I didn't learn any of this from the reviews I read. Now that I have finished the book, I found out in the last 10 minutes of reading that there is no real end to the book. We have to buy the rest of the series to learn the ending of the story. I am offended as a reader to not be told all this before I read the book. I won't be buying the rest of the series as it's too expensive. I won't tell you what the story is about as you can read other reviews to find that out. I will tell you the story line is confusing. I'm giving this book 1 star because I am sorry I wasted time reading it for all the reasons I just described.
22 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2015
Strongly disliked it. Any book should be inclusive in itself. This one is NOT. Most questions raised from beginning are NOT answered and you must get the next book, and probably the one thereafter to finally (hopefully) find the answers you were anticipating from almost the beginning. Will NOT buy any books by this author again. If I do, it will be because I've put her name out of my mind and will probably rate the new book(s) the same way. The author needs to learn to write her books in such a way that the reader DOES NOT HAVE TO BUY THE NEXT BOOK in the series to get answers (or reasons for character's actions). If she had done that, I probably would buy every book in the series as they come out. NO MORE.
on October 31, 2015
I gave this 2 stars. It would have been four except for the fact that it doesn't finish. It's part one, without an ending. If it's an unfinished, to be continued plot, the reader should be warned. I won't pay to read the next part, because I see there's more to the series and I am reasonably certain there won't be a satisfactory ending after book to either.
on January 13, 2017
A very good murder mystery written so that you get caught up in the story quickly. The characters are a young woman Alexia who has no idea why someone is targeting her and a friend Hunter who is a police detective. Alexia had a horrific childhood with a father who was abusive to her mother, brother, sister and herself. Her mother told her to leave when she graduated from high school and Alexia went on to become a firefighter in Washington state. She has driven across the country to return for her 10 year high school class reunion and to finally see her mother again. Hunter is assigned to her case and reveals that he believes she does not know why anyone would want to be targeting her.
on September 19, 2015
I was enjoying the book and couldn't put it down. I loved that it was CLEAN and had references to the Lord BUT I didn't like when it sucked me into the story so I didn't want to put it down and caused me to stay until the end only to be really mad that the murderer wasn't revealed at the end and all 3 of the main characters were still in danger. I like carrying characters to 2nd, 3rd books, etc., but each one should have that mystery solved. Really disappointing!