BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 12, 2017
The vendor was excellent, and checked with me by e-mail to be sure I knew it was a tape, it is a new tape. Excellent shipping...

The voice quality was overall very poor, and GENEEN ROTH was not the reader. I do not regret buying this tape because the content was more than excellent.
Geneen Roth tells about the dire consequences to her health years. Beyond eating nutritionally deficient foods, when she did eat -with alternating
water fasts- and all the other torture through about 20 years, it sounds to me as though her body was in a state of absolute 'starvation,'
There is good news though. She finally found a doctor who diagnosed her correctly, and knew how to correct these severe deficits.
( I have no credentials to recommend anything about correcting deficits, and there is an abundance of 'dangerous quackery' on street corners and
tucked away in baseless dangerous books.)
Geneen wrote in her book about the nemeses of our non stop "thinking" in our often frantic society. She address brutal and negative self talk, all too prevailing in many women, especially.) This book is so down to earth and sensible. She recommends "ridding ourselves of collections of endless diet books-as any book is not going to magically transform us into glamorous mermaids. Where did we get that idea? Well, society has helped. A big plus in this book is the emphasis on 'Good HEALTH.' She all but bans that quest of torturing our 'collective' self to loose that last 10 pounds we have targeted. Well, we might all get to wear a mermaid gown! The exception to this is if our health provider has told us that a particular nutrition plan is essential, then we had better listen, and know nutrition and weight disorder, chronic diseases-must be evaluated and monitored by A LICENSED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER.
on March 27, 2017
Love this author and book! On a scale of 1-10 and 10 being tops, it's a 100. Highly recommend this book. I checked it out of the library first and then just had to finish the book with my own copy and have for reference in the future.
on March 31, 2017
Wonderful book. I'd already read several books on intuitive eating by the time I got this, but it helps to remind me what's important and that the way I perceive myself is in my control. I keep it next to my bed and re-read it randomly.
on July 27, 2017
I have enjoyed reading this book. It has helped me understand the connection between my brain (especially the emotional aspect) and food. I have lost about 150 lbs and And this book is helping me put the pieces together to loose my last 20-25 lbs.
on July 22, 2017
Interesting book.
on May 12, 2016
I read this book for the first time years ago. I loved it then, and I love it now. Having participated in a Breaking Free workshop with Geneen in the mid-1980s in San Francisco, I can tell you that the wisdom in this little charmer of a book can change your life. Read it, laugh, cry, and settle into yourself. Today is the best day. Yes!
on September 16, 2016
I loved this book! This is everything I was looking for when it comes to trying to change the way I relate to food. It is also an easy read because it's broken up into 50 different chapters. For anyone who is sick of dieting and trying to find the perfect body, buy this book now, worth every penny!
on June 12, 2015
This book is a must, I have bought a dozen copies over the year's because I keep giving mine away.
on December 29, 2011
This book was a great start down a long road to recovery from being a compulsive eater! I'd never read any of Geneen's books before, but I will be getting others in the hopes the they are written like this one. It was a very easy read; one page I was laughing, and the next I was hit over the head with a realization and was having to take a few moments to let it sink in. I would (and have done so already) totally recommend this book to anyone who is on the journey of changing their relationship with food and the way they view themselves while doing so. Geneen is spreading all kinds of great messages with this book, and I intend to keep it in my collection - re-reading it frequently - for a very long time.
on December 14, 2013
It doesn't matter if you feel you have eating problems, or weight problems, or any problems at all, this book just finds a way to make you feel better. I read it months ago and still feel better as a result. If you're interested in the concept of intuitive eating, you may want to read other, more definitive books first, but this one is a good and quick addition. If you could care less about intuitive eating, I'd still recommend this book.