- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (February 8, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470736410
- ISBN-13: 978-0470736418
- Product Dimensions: 5.4 x 0.6 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.6 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 3.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,068,603 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
When You're Not Expecting: An Infertility Survival Guide Paperback – February 8, 2010
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
A sisterhood of support for coping with infertility
"This compelling and insightful book will be much appreciated by women and men experiencing infertility. When You're Not Expecting is an important antidote to the top-down medical protocols that many have experienced."
--Ramona Faith Oswald, Ph.D., 2010 Program Chair of the National Council on Family Relations
Too many women face the unexpected diagnosis of infertility without the support they need to survive and thrive during months (or years) of treatment options, difficult decisions, and emotional turmoil. For more than twenty years, Constance H. Shapiro-celebrated therapist, author, and professor-has dedicated her practice to helping women and couples deal with infertility. In When You're Not Expecting, she combines her wisdom with the personal stories, creative solutions, and revelations of over 200 women and couples diagnosed with infertility.
This book is for you if
- Your inability to get pregnant is causing you confusion and anxiety.
- You can't figure out who to tell about your infertility (or how much to confide).
- You are not getting the support you need.
- Your sex life has lost its zing now that you have calendars and ovulation kits on your bedside table.
- You are single or in a lesbian relationship and hoping to conceive.
- You have experienced pregnancy loss.
- More and more, your life and every decision you make seem to revolve around your infertility.
About the Author
Constance Hoenk Shapiro, M.S.W., Ph.D. is a therapist, author, university professor, consultant, and public speaker dedicated to the study of infertility and its emotional impact on individuals and couples. She is a founding member of the Central New York chapter of RESOLVE and has been a member of the National Association of Social Workers and the Council on Social Work Education for over 30 years. She is a professor of Family Studies and Social Work at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?