Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

When does Nook sell the silver fishing rod???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 22, 2009 2:41:13 AM PDT
I have been in Nooks every day without fail to see what he has available and still no silver fishing rod! I did get a silver slingshot, although I don't know what good that will do me since I already have the gold one. But he has yet to offer the silver fishing rod. Also I have noticed that for the past 4-5 days he has been offering the same things more than once during the week- he had the cubby hole twice this week and the stroller two days in a row! Whats up with that??

Also I have tried to go to town after 8 pm to see if I can get to Resetti's office to get the silver shovel but no luck. Does it have to be right at 8 pm? How late can you go and still get back there?

I'm starting to think since I usually end up having to play at night that maybe I need to set my Wii so that days and nights are switched-- but I like being fairly close to the regular time. I want people to come and visit for one thing, and also I sort of like the night time there. Most of the neighbors that I like the most are night owls like me. But am I likely to find any of the special characters if I am playing in the evenings? How late can I find Wendell if he is there? The only character I have come across aside from the regulars is Pascal, and I really want to find Wendell to get a good pathway pattern. I would kill for that stone path pattern but I don't think the fish for that one is available for catching right now.

Sigh.... so much to learn in this game- I can't believe I ever thought it was just a kids game, LOL!!!

Posted on Apr 22, 2009 4:34:56 AM PDT
Angel Mooers says:
you never know he has silver items once in a while I have silver @ gold set if you want them if you want to add eachother you can e-mail me
angelmooers@msn.com

Posted on Apr 22, 2009 7:57:53 AM PDT
Tina Mineau says:
I've been getting the same items in the store, too. I have never had the silver slingshot nor fishing rod in the store. I have played every single day since the beginning of Sept (less one wk vacation). The book just says the silver slingshot fires 2 rounds and the gold 3. I don't see any benefit to having it either.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2009 8:03:45 AM PDT
Celeste says:
Where are you? The game didn't come out for US until November.

Posted on Apr 22, 2009 8:48:54 AM PDT
I have been playing since Jan 2 and he still has not had the silver fishing rod in my Nooks either. Same with finding the silver shovel in the city, no luck there either. About two weeks ago the silver net showed up in my Nooks though.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2009 10:39:00 AM PDT
Celeste says:
For the silver shovel, you should go EVERY NIGHT after 8pm. AFTER 8pm. NOT AT 7:59. Go directly to the right, do not walk around the city waiting for 8pm to show up. I started playing in November and I just last week got my first silver tool in Nooks. The shovel took me about 3 weeks of going every night to get.

Posted on Apr 22, 2009 10:53:24 AM PDT
Yep I only play after 8 so when I try it is at night but no luck with the shovel. Oh well, one of these days, LOL!

Posted on Apr 22, 2009 1:39:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2009 6:26:59 PM PDT
Kelly M. says:
Im willing trade a silver shovel if anyone has a silver fishing rod :-) It did take for ever to get the shovels - just keep trying. One of mine I got at 10:00pm just by accident I tried and it was open.

Posted on Apr 22, 2009 4:39:09 PM PDT
Angel Mooers says:
I have a set of gold everything if anyone wants to copy it my e-mail is above (mom in the game)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2009 7:21:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2009 7:22:50 PM PDT
Lonestar...I have some different pathways if you would like to copy!
My code is: Sweatpea~0302-4905-0321~Artson (me)
Grillman ~3437-8777-9765 (hubby)
Scrubble~2750-5485-0971 (daughter 27)
Frizzt~3910-3894-3986 (son-in-law 27)

Son-in-law on now...so if you want to add him I will have him open the gate...we have Wii chat

Posted on Apr 24, 2009 1:43:02 PM PDT
C. Dennes says:
I have an extra silver fishing rod if someone wants it. No trading nessary.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2009 2:25:25 PM PDT
Kelly M. says:
meeee please!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2009 6:30:23 AM PDT
Kelly M. says:
Jeeptown Grammy
3137 1490 9606

Posted on Apr 25, 2009 7:41:38 AM PDT
C. Dennes says:
Kelly

You can add me and we can hook up. Do you want to come to my town or do you want me to come there?

Emma~Milan~2407-0074-6040

Posted on Apr 25, 2009 8:01:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2009 8:07:55 AM PDT
Heidi says:
Emma, Singer is home! She is looking for open gates and has hers open. Do you still have her on your list?
~Heidi

Singer
Bloomly
4124-9825-4167

~Heidi

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2009 11:30:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2009 6:23:32 PM PDT
Kelly M. says:
will you be on later tonight? we have not had internet all day and now I have to leave for a few hours - say around 9:00 or so! guess I should clarify 9:00 est duh! just let me know - lol doesn't matter - I haven't been to anyone elses towns yet - I would love to see some others

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2009 5:09:58 PM PDT
Now I have my Wii set a couple of hours ahead so I can get to Nook's before it closes when I get home from work. Do I need to go when it would actually be 8 pm if my Wii were set correctly, or do I go by how my game shows the time? That might be part of the confusion. Last night I went at 7 pm and the clock downtown showed 8 pm- actuallly it was a few minutes before, and nothing. I went home, then took the bus back immediately and still nothing. Also what is up with the Marquee-?? It has been giving only the same list of emoticons for the past 2 weeks- its glee, resignation, worry, and one other one that I have no desire for. I want the laughter one for one character, and the joy one for the other. How often do they change the list? I have been refraining from time travel for the past 2 weeks in case that was the problem but it doesn't seem to be.

Thanks for the offer, Angel- I emailed you and will send you my info so we can add each other. If you still have the silver tools great, if not, we can still add each other! :)

Posted on Apr 25, 2009 5:13:28 PM PDT
Wait- silver net? What does that do? Does it make it easier to catch bugs?? I could definitely use that- I am afraid to try for the tarantula and scorpion when they appear as my aim is so bad, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2009 5:28:33 PM PDT
Kelly M. says:
i have been looking for laughter ever since I started back in january -

Posted on Apr 26, 2009 6:38:53 AM PDT
C. Dennes says:
Hi Kelli I was out of town last night. I will be on and off all day today. I will leave my gate open when I am on.

Emma

Posted on Apr 26, 2009 9:42:36 AM PDT
C. Dennes says:
Kelly My gate is open.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2009 4:37:20 AM PDT
Awesome- i will add you- my town is Fergtown, my main character is Fergrus, 0860-9440-5392 and alter ego is Twitchy, 4640-5156-1771. I'll add all of you for now since I don't have too many friends on my roster yet and have plenty of room.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2009 5:55:07 AM PDT
C. Dennes says:
Hi Kelly,

I had a great time playing with you and Kris yesterday. I hope the silver fishing rod helps you catch lots of fish!! If you are going to be on later I will stop by and pick up my turnips. I won't be home until probably 6 or 7 est.
Thank you, Emma

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2009 7:27:42 AM PDT
Kelly M. says:
I had fun too thanks again sooo much - I really appreciate the fishing pole. It was fun to see someone elses town especially one further along in the game. My turnips are selling for 141.00 already this morning that never happens on monday. I probably will not be on until a little bit later - if that is ok. I have my grandson today and it totally depends on how our afternoon goes as to what time I can go to work. So I would say my best bet would be 9:00 est. I never did figure out where you are really from! I am in Michigan. I copied your paw prints from ables yesterday and had fun putting that down lastnight - I like it so much! Now I just have to work on my perfect town and to get my hybrids to grow - I am probably not a very good waterer! Look forward to seeing you tonight - have a great day!

Posted on Apr 27, 2009 11:17:14 AM PDT
C. Dennes says:
Later is fine. I am wondering if I should leave them for a couple days. Sounds like your town may have a good price this week on turnips!! I am in Michigan too!! I live in Milan. What about you? I like the paws too!! I will have to come check out the changes you made. I am sure it won't take you long to get the perfect status.
Emma
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  37
Initial post:  Apr 22, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about