Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno
Customer Discussions > Stronger (Deluxe Version) forum

Where Are the Ron Paul haters?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 30, 2011, 8:08:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 31, 2011, 12:05:23 AM PST
Wow. I saw the story on Drudge Report about how Kelly Clarkson was getting all these hater tweets because she supported a political candidate. Then I clicked the reviews and saw that everybody was giving 5 stars and big props. So what gives?

Is it that all the 'trolls' don't know that you don't even have to buy an album to rate/review it, or...

don't they know that you only need to have bought any album or book on Amazon to review anything they sell there, or...

have they simply never bought an album or book on Amazon (or anywhere else probably) because they are incapable of either listening or reading, and can only drool their uninformed opinions on anonymous free sites like twitter etc?

...Or is there a 4th option I've somehow overlooked? Post it below.

BTW just bought this in support of free speech, haven't reviewed yet cause I haven't heard it but judging from the cover it looks good so far to me.

Posted on Dec 30, 2011, 8:24:34 PM PST
Gorgo says:
Jeez, thanks for giving the haters ideas. /sarcasm

It really doesn't matter what the trolls say, anyway. It's my understanding that "Stronger" was @ #44 and we RP supporters have pushed it to #3 (so far--- hope we can get it higher). THAT'S what counts--- we put our money where our mouths are.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2011, 9:17:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2011, 9:19:22 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 30, 2011, 10:45:51 PM PST
Gabriel says:
Those that tweeted against Kelly just likely have not paid attention or learned what is really happening. I supsect most of them are good people but are glued to FOX or MSNBC and have not really seen what is really going on. They are just saying what they think they know. Please be nice to them. That they speak up they really do care, they are just uninformed. Help point them to information that helps them learn.

Congrats Kelly for speaking out. You are a true Patriot and we love you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2011, 10:54:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2011, 10:55:19 PM PST
M. Garza says:
C'mon, I want to know if the album is any good. Posting 5-star reviews of her album because she supports your candidate is beside the point. Take your political stances to an appropriate forum, not the comments section of a product where people are trying to figure whether to buy it or not. My decision about her album will be based on her music, nothing else. I certainly can't depend on the comments at the moment, since they're by campaigners, and hardly mention the CD itself at all.

Posted on Dec 30, 2011, 10:57:13 PM PST
Rob T. says:
Ron Paul "haters" do not have the mental capacity to use or even know about Amazon.com. I'd look for them at your local Kwik-e-mart.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2011, 10:58:50 PM PST
M. Garza says:
What a subtle point. I'm sure it's absolutely true, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2011, 11:40:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2011, 11:56:12 PM PST
A. Page says:
Just skip to older comments. (just a couple days ago, past pg 11)
You can listen to clips here on amazon, full versions on YouTube. If you like her other music you will be happy. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2011, 11:43:54 PM PST
We think it is great, but we might be biased a bit :) I'd suggest that you listen to the clips available on the page and judge for yourself if you like it or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2011, 11:53:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 31, 2011, 12:07:40 AM PST
(reply to M. Garza)

I agree with you. As I said in my customer discussion thread, I won't post a review of the album until I hear it.

As to whether the 5-stars of others posted in the last 24 hours are valid, I would point out the following:

1. Ron Paul fans are expecting to hear lyrics they can agree with, based solely on the spontaneous, public views of the songwriter.

2. Ron Paul fans who already owned the album have now been encouraged to write what is most likely their first Amazon product review, have generally praised the work.

3. I can't see these people lying about liking an album just because of the media blitz.

In short: the praise is real and deserved, I just became an unsuspecting Kelly Clarkson fan, and Kelly covering 'Talkin' About a Revolution' by Tracy Chapman would be a guaranteed number one single for 2012.

Restore the Republic People!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2011, 3:29:01 AM PST
Pat says:
All the hate was coming on twitter and any other social media site. Ron Paul supporters like myself have come to her defense for speaking her mind in what is a hugely liberal industry. Thats why there are lots of pro-Clarkson/Paul posts. I myself was already a fan of her and a Paul supporter so I was extremely happy to hear her endorsement and the great response from his supporters. As for the music the album was great! :)

Posted on Dec 31, 2011, 8:30:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 1, 2012, 12:03:07 PM PST
Micaloneus says:
Fortunately for Ron Paul people STRONGER is a 5 star album.

So they actually don't come off looking too silly with ALL the 5 star ratings; but the lack of reviewing the music is all too clear to see. Fortunately, Kelly did make a great album and those Ron Paul people (or the kids of Ron Paul people) are in for a pop music treat.

Posted on Dec 31, 2011, 1:39:54 PM PST
carl baker says:
As a Ron Paul supporter that never really paid attention to her music before I will say that I took a few minutes to go listen to some of the album before giving it a 5 star rating. I'm not really sure why everyone believes people are just hitting 5 stars without listening to the music. I know many Paul supporters and I assume that at least the majority would do some research before blindly backing anyone. That's kind of the point, his supporters are not supporting him because of some television programming, they are supporting him because he is the best man for the job DESPITE the television propaganda.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012, 7:44:19 AM PST
AMK says:
All the Ron Paul haters are non-existent. "Regular" people will either have no opinion, or a positive opinion of Ron Paul (if they get to know him better). The few people that have been conned by the lame-stream media are of no consequence.

Posted on Jan 9, 2012, 2:04:43 PM PST
Love Kelly since Idol and Loved Ron Paul longer....so glad to support them both!!!

Ron Paul 2012!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012, 7:14:54 PM PST
jcd says:
Ron Paul is a racist and a fool, and both are provable with facts and figures. I'm a big KC fan, but she and all RP's fans really need to do a little research on the guy. We'd all love a brilliant fresh face on the political scene, but Paul certainly ain't him (or her). The fact is, President Obama, though he hasn't brought his campaign charisma to governing, is the smartest and most principled candidate on offer. RP has novelty value, that's all. If we'd followed his economic prescriptions over the past few years, we'd be deep in a real depression, rather than slowly pulling out of the worst srecession--caused by Republicans--of modern times.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Dec 30, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
Stronger (Deluxe Version)
Stronger (Deluxe Version) by Kelly Clarkson (Audio CD - 2011)
4.7 out of 5 stars (557)