Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,247 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,587 reviews
on June 28, 2016
Bought this when my son was 18 months, he is still loving it just as much now at almost 24 months. Good size, pages are thick. He has not ripped any of the flaps off yet! Colors are bright and engaging.
review image review image
on April 7, 2017
This book is very similar to her Toes Ears and Nose, so if you already have that book, I wouldn't get this one. Some of the pages don't really 'click' with my logic. For example, one page asks where baby's feet are, and then says they are behind the cat when you open the flap. Yes, she did draw a cat in front of the baby's feet, but wouldn't the most natural thing to say be inside baby's shoes/socks and draw shoes/socks on the flap instead of a cat? Most pages answer the questions in the simple basic way, like belly button under the shirt, eyes behind the sunglasses etc. You'd expect the book to be a little consistent.
on May 30, 2015
My Daughter loves lifting the flaps... Great learning tool for her!
review image
on April 18, 2017
I didn't believe the excellent reviews of this book. I mean, how could it suck kids in as people claim? It's a book...with cardboard flaps. Big deal. But boy was I wrong. All three of my kids (2, 4, 6) love playing with this book. They don't carry it around all the time, but whenever they stumble upon it in their trove of books, it entertains them all for quite a while. My oldest loves to read the questions, the 4 year old loves making up what he thinks the questions should be and the 2 year old loves pointing out the things she knows, whether it is simply lifting the flap and answering that question or identifying everything on each page.
on April 19, 2017
We bought this book for my daughter when she was 14 months old. At that time she enjoyed opening the flaps and looking underneath. We also played peek-a-boo with the book a little, which she also enjoyed. She is now 18 months old and still enjoys the book. She now understands much of the questions and points to the what you're supposed to look for on each page. Overall, very enjoyable.

Do note, however, that the flaps are quite flimsy. She has bent most of them quite a bit and some are torn as well. I would expect that from most of these types of books at that age and for the price I think is okay. Just don't expect the book to remain in perfect condition with small children playing with it.
on October 11, 2004
First of all, I have NEVER reviewed a children's book, let alone a board book. However, I cannot let this one go unrecognized. My daughter received this from an aunt as a baby gift and I started reading it to her at 4 months. She loved the bright colors and would lay next to me transfixed as we looked at it over-and-over again. She is now 8 months old and LOVES IT EVEN MORE!!! It goes with us on EVERY road trip and let me tell you, when she gets tired of sitting in her car seat, all I have to do is show her the book and her fussy face turns into intant smiles and "babble" and kicking legs become motionless! I am NOT exaggerating. My daughter especially loves the "Where's baby's eyes" page and giggles every time I lift the flap. The book has also become a favorite chew toy now that she's beginning to sprout teeth. I'm ordering the authors other books today so that we have a complete set. From a structure standpoint, the pages are very sturdy and the flaps are very secure. I recommend it to any parent looking to spark their child's interest in books. It certainly beats plopping them down in front of the television to watch Baby Einstein videos (which, by the way, my daughter HATES), but I'll leave my dislike for these for another review.
0Comment| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2015
You can introduce this book as early as 9 months to your child. They may not get concept yet, but as you continue to read it they will. Because it clearly identifies each body part in a way they can learn the information. It also can start to teach them how to turn pages because it has thick pages which they can transfer that skill to regular books. It is also a great book I have used for students with special needs. Students with special needs are usually able to identify body parts or point to body parts after reviewing the book as many times as they need too. The book is very short so they can usually keep their focus for the shortbread book. Once again the book identifies body parts in a way they can understand even if they are non-verbal they often can respond by pointing to their body parts. And once again let them turn the pages when they are able to because it is considered a fine motor skill to turn pages. These pages are thick which helps to turn page.
on October 5, 2015
Sadly this book arrived with 3 Sandra Boynton books which are beyond brilliant in inspiration and imagination, while these were clearly written to fill a marketing gap. Babies love belly buttons and flaps so hey! Put the two together. I ordered this and another one, which also features a belly button page and found both of them pretty dull. The flaps are poorly considered, one is huge, covers the whole page, to reveal the belly button and the other just flips up a tiny slice. Some are too small for babies' hands, others are far too large.
I really think the Publishers should be ashamed of blatantly taking parents money for this uninspired story and poorly made books. Most ot the flaps have now come off even after reinforcing several times.
on April 13, 2017
This is one of the books every baby should have in their collection! The girls I nannied loved it so much, that I knew I had to buy it when I had my own children. Babies love to open the flaps and it helps them learn different body parts. I love all the lift a flap books by Karen Katz, but this one is the best. I love to stick this in baby shower gifts now. Highly recommend!
on April 7, 2017
It's cute, so far my baby hasn't ripped the flip pages off yet, but wondering how long that'll last, the page about the baby lifting their shirt kinda seems a bit inappropriate, only because I don't want my baby doing that in public. I don't know what kinda people are out there, but other than that it's a cute book to read and my one year old hasn't one attempting to flip the tabs.