Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,275 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,618 reviews
on June 28, 2016
Bought this when my son was 18 months, he is still loving it just as much now at almost 24 months. Good size, pages are thick. He has not ripped any of the flaps off yet! Colors are bright and engaging.
review image review image
on May 1, 2017
Where is Baby's Belly Button is a literary powerhouse, and a masterwork of the visual arts. In "Pale Fire", Vladimir Nabokov blurred the boundaries between art, audience, editor, and critic, weaving a supernatural web of "between the lines" storytelling that revealed a puzzle of horror, murder, and insanity between the lines of a mediocre long-form modern poem.

Karen Katz achieves a similar effect with her milestone "Where Is Baby's Belly Button?"

As with "Pale Fire", the reader is left in a state of uncertainty about what is real, what is the author's artistry, and what is the delusion/interpretation of a brilliant but mentally defective editor. As with "Pale Fire", the narrative starts out mundane, almost boring. Where are baby's eyes? Under her hat. Where is baby's mouth? Behind the cup.

Much like the fictional poet John Shade ("one oozy footstep" behind Frost...) "in the shadow of the waxwing slain", so is "baby" an elusive, ephemeral, and ultimately unknowable avatar of the reader's ultimate quest for a connection with reality. Katz, the author, takes on the role of Kinbote, asking obvious questions but coming to sometimes outlandish answers, spinning a delusional world where nothing matters except the location of baby's body parts. Like a euphoric opium nightmare, "Where is Baby's Belly Button" is a vision from a nihilistic future where nothing matters except the immediacy of bodily experience.

Five stars.
on December 14, 2016
My baby boy is really obsessed with this book
on March 24, 2017
Such a sweet book ! I really think it will help her learn where her body parts are and what they are called! The flaps are nice and big so she can do them all by herself. They are a little thin but so far no isues with tears and she's only 1!
on May 30, 2016
Good for a big guy
on May 2, 2017
My baby loves this book! She's 7 months and we do the "where's baby?" "There she is!!" and she loves that so I thought teaching her where and what other things were through book would be a hit and it was! The flaps are kind of hard to get up (especially if you're a nail biter like I am) the first time you lift them but after that they don't go back down all the way and sort of stay lifted like in my photo you can see the baby's bare tummy but you don't before you lift it. Which isn't a big deal at all. There's about 7 pages in this book and I don't mind that because it keeps baby's attention. I did NOT let her lift flaps because she would rip the page. The illustration is nice and I like the variety of children they have in the book for the most part. For $3 I'd buy this book a hundred times!
review image review image review image review image
on April 18, 2017
I didn't believe the excellent reviews of this book. I mean, how could it suck kids in as people claim? It's a book...with cardboard flaps. Big deal. But boy was I wrong. All three of my kids (2, 4, 6) love playing with this book. They don't carry it around all the time, but whenever they stumble upon it in their trove of books, it entertains them all for quite a while. My oldest loves to read the questions, the 4 year old loves making up what he thinks the questions should be and the 2 year old loves pointing out the things she knows, whether it is simply lifting the flap and answering that question or identifying everything on each page.
on May 11, 2016
I ordered this book for my 17 month old daughter. She loves it!
Pros:
The book is sturdy, thick pages and reasonably thick flaps. :)
Pages and flaps are easy for my toddler to grasp.
Larger print, makes ready to a wiggly little one simple.
Colors are vibrant and story is engaging for my daughter.
on May 30, 2015
My Daughter loves lifting the flaps... Great learning tool for her!
on December 3, 2015
My 11 month old granddaughter is getting ready to start physical and occupational therapy to help her catch up after an illness and surgery. I was looking for books that would help her - not only to just entertain her but help with this process. This is a great book for any young child and I am thrilled to find it for my granddaughter.