Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Noah Gundersen PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 73 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 79 reviews
on April 28, 2013
I like Karen Katz, I do. My kid likes Karen Katz, which is more important. We have lots of her books, and I think it's pretty obvious which ones she gave two figs about when she was illustrating them. This one did not get two figs of attention. The images are colorful, and the peek-a-boo style is still fun for little ones to anticipate and lift the flaps for. This book in particular though, the text is not well matched to the images. For example, the whole book the baby is looking for her present. There are pictures of presents in several of the pages, so my kid immediately said "HEY- there it is! We did it!" and was annoyed that the baby doesn't seem to notice all these other presents hanging around. If you have a detail oriented toddler, be ready to get sidetracked explaining why some presents aren't good enough for this particular curious baby...

There are also a few weird pages that are a mix of her normal, busy patterned illustrations with some random scanned images of real ribbons and wrapping paper. There isn't any rhyme or reason to this mixed media and I don't think it works well. I gives a haphazard feel to the pictures and gives me the sense that this was a throwaway holiday effort on the author's part.

All that said, this is a cute, short and colorful Christmas book that cost less than 10$ and helped us get in the holiday season and fit in my diaper bag. You can probably do better, but I'm sure we'll enjoy it again next year.
VINE VOICEon June 30, 2014
Got this for my 18 month old around Christmas time because she loves all the Karen Katz books and her signature baby drawings. My daughter LOVED it! She really loves answering all the questions such as "Is it in the closet?" or "Is it in the gingerbread house?" and she loves playing "peek-a-boo" with the lift-a-flaps and seeing what's under each one. It's such an engaging book surrounding the Christmas theme and I like that all the Christmas objects are things we have in our house at that time, like candy canes, stockings, wrapping paper, cookie dough, and gingerbread houses, so it's relateable to her. The illustrations are very colorful also. I really liked that the front cover has the shiny, textured present and was thinking the other illustrations would have that element as well like some of her earlier books, but I was disappointed that the illustrations didn't have shiny/touch and feel elements.

The only downside is that the flaps come off easily - they seem cheaply glued on and so they aren't durable. You'll likely have to tape them back on. But overall, this is a great book and we like it even when it's not Christmas time!
on November 27, 2012
We have the big yellow "Peekaboo" boardbook where the flaps are pretty durable and are, essentially, just a continuation of the page. I ordered this book, not really hoping for the same, but I suppose just assuming it would be. The book is SUPER cute, Baby looks all over the house for their present and can't find it, last page baby looks under the tree. However, the flaps seem to be more of a cardstock than a cardboard like the book is, and they're glued to the page rather than part of it. I have a 1 year old, we'll be opening it during December as part of our "25 books of Christmas" so I'm not sure just yet how it will hold up to her but, I do know she gets a little "excited" about the flaps in the other book. Also, some open up, some pull down, some sideways. So, if you have a child who is used to opening flaps of other books in just 1 direction, be aware, these little guys might get pulled off easy. It's not that this is really a complaint, just something that, as a mom of a curious tot, I would have liked to know. Enjoy!
on August 27, 2017
My grandson loves these books. So colorful and easy to read.
on June 1, 2015
This is my son's 1st Karen Katz's book. Must be something about her illustration - he loves all her books. He immediately notices her books at stores and library. The story and lift-flap excites him too.
on January 14, 2016
Love this series of books, seriously what kid doesn't love the flaps?! We have a couple in this series and purchased the Christmas book for all the new babies in our family this year. The parents really enjoyed them and the kids loved it because it's interactive while being cute. I would recommend to others and amazon always has the best price on books, local stores are always higher and often out of stock.
on May 24, 2017
We love these little flap books. The pictures are cute, and flaps ate easy for little fingers.
on January 2, 2012
My Niece was born the day after Christmas, so she was literally about 1 year old when she received this book. She absolutely loves books and especially enjoys interactive ones where she can turn pages and open flaps. This book provides a nice challenge as the flap on each page opens in a different direction letting her learn and have fun at the same time. We have gone through this cover to cover numerous times and she laughs and smiles the entire time. I highly recommend this!
on February 10, 2017
Can't rave enough about reading and can't rave enough about this book. Of the 2 I bought my grandson for Christmas this is his favorite. He just turned 3 months and laughs everytime I pop up a present. Shipping was on time and the price was right.
on December 26, 2014
Everything by Karen Katz is pretty much solid gold. This was our 17 month old's fave Christmas book this year. She always recognizes Karen Katz books and knows they're lift-the;flap. The colors are cute. This ones has a pretty hologram on the front. Cute colors as the child in the book searches for his/her gift but keeps finding other Christmas things like ornaments, cookies, Angels, and stockings. Super cute, as always.