Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
on December 13, 2013
This is a "peekaboo" book that allows the reader to search for the dreidel alongside the baby in the book. Each spread has a question, for example, "Is baby's dreidel behind the curtains?" and a flap that the reader can flip up to look for the dreidel. On each page, the reader discovers some other Chanukah-related item (Menorah, latkes, gelt, etc) instead of the dreidel. Finally the dreidel is found on the last page.

This is one of my son's (11 mo old) absolute favorite books. He picks it up and brings it to me to read several times a day. He loves the peekaboo game and lifts the flaps himself. I like that it familiarizes him with the words and objects related to the Chanukah celebration. We have other Chanukah board books that cover the meaning behind the holiday (for example My First Chanukah by Tomie dePaola) but I realize now that they're so far beyond my son's comprehension that I laugh at myself for buying them. This book, however, is right at his level.

My one annoyance with the book is that the bag of gelt is called "gold coins" and the latkes are called "potato pancakes." It's easily remedied by just using the words I prefer.
on January 5, 2016
Karen Katz's books are fairly formulaic (how many things are hiding "behind the eggs," anyway?!), but it's a formula that works. We pack this book away during the year, so it's fairly fresh come Hannukah. My toddler loves lifting the flaps and yelling "no" as the baby searches for the dreidel, and he's definitely learned some of the holiday vocab from repeat readings. All in all, it's nice to have a Hannukah book from a familiar series. It's also made a great gift to toddler friends.
on December 18, 2016
So cute! My kids have loved many Karen Katz's books. This is cutesy with themes of Hanukkah. Fun for babies and toddlers.
on January 28, 2016
This was a really cute and toddler friendly book to ready during Hanukkah. It covered all the items you might see during that time and was simple and easy to look at/read. My daughter liked it a lot.
on December 9, 2016
I am happy with my purchase and I would buy from this vendor again.
on January 20, 2017
My grandson loved this book. Then again, he loves any flipbook!
on February 26, 2015
My 1 year old loves all Karen Katz lift the flap books. We have where is baby's valentine, easter basket, beach ball, belly button and pumpkin? They are great for ages 9months-3 years old.
on December 6, 2016
Just what I wanted!
on September 16, 2016
The kids love this book
on October 29, 2015
Cute Chanukkah book for my daughter. She enjoys lifting the tabs to see what is underneath.