Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 78 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 106 reviews
on November 2, 2011
I really hate to split hairs over a children's book, especially when the author is one of my favorites. But I'm disappointed in this one. We love our Karen Katz books, and thought this one would be as big a hit with my son as the others. Unfortunately, the book we received only has "sparkly" pictures on the cover and back page. The text notes a fuzzy black cat, sparkly bats, etc., but there's no fuzz and no sparkles. My son enjoys the book, but he never initiates reading it the way he does with the others in this series. "Where Is Baby's Birthday Cake?" etc. I didn't realize what a difference the shiny pictures and textures make until we got this. We had hoped to read this again and again with my son before Halloween, so we'd have lots to talk about through the month of October. This book didn't meet our needs, because it does not capture my son's interest. It's a sweet introduction to Halloween images and I think I can recommend it, but only if you buy in person so you know what you're getting.

I'm very disappointed in this publisher. I still greatly love the work of Karen Katz, but I'll think twice before buying from this series again. If the publisher can't be relied upon to deliver a uniform product, then I'll need to see what I'm getting before I check out. That's a bummer, since Amazon is where we buy our books.
44 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2015
This lift flap book is a great book for toddlers . The construction is sturdy and the colors are bright. I was disappointed in that many of the reviews I read mentioned textured pages in their books, where as the one I ordered had not only flat pages, very few page even had glitter on them. The construction of the pages should be more consistent. If you produce one edition with textured pages and shiny pages , all editions should contain them off you should delineate between them in your descriptions.
on March 31, 2017
My son loves this series!! I could not find this in any book store and he wanted just this pumpkin one! Amazon came to rescue!!
on October 29, 2016
kids love this book
on July 18, 2016
My daughter and I read this and other Karen Katz books every night and she asks for them all the time.

No other 'lift-the-flap' book seems to grab her attention like these do. There is a lot of clapping involved when we find the end objective. Haha.
on May 24, 2017
Love these books. Always adorable pictures
on October 18, 2016
Very cute book! I like the story and so does my 11 month old. Unfortunately he's at a very grabby stage and he's already ripped two of the flaps out. The pages are heavy duty board but the flaps are just like thin cardboard.
on December 28, 2013
Excellent lift-the-flap kids book. I gave lots of these books to my nephew's kids as gifts. My nephew's wife is VERY picky as to what she likes - I think she wasn't sure what she thought of these books at first, but her son chooses these books to be read time and time again. I think she likes the sturdiness of the board books. I loved lift-the-flap when I was a kid - I'm glad my grand(?)-nephew enjoys them too - they make reading books (and learning from them) fun!
on December 12, 2015
I love all of Karen Katz's books! This one is especially cute and my two year old loves it. We need to read it to her at least once a night! They are perfect books for babies and toddlers. I do have to warn that kids love to rip the pages! ;)
on November 4, 2016
This is the cutest book! I love all in the series but this one I like best. I'm a little biased because Halloween is my favorite holiday :)