- File Size: 181 KB
- Print Length: 26 pages
- Publisher: byDesign Media; Two edition (September 30, 2010)
- Publication Date: September 30, 2010
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0045EOKN0
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,552,200 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #3181 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Religion & Spirituality
- #4133 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Devotionals
- #4284 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Health, Fitness & Dieting
|Digital List Price:||$2.99|
Save $2.00 (67%)
Where Fitness Meets Faith Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
When I am mindful of what I eat I truly enjoy it. I look to it as a source of pleasure and nourishment. When I treat food with respect I treat my body with respect. It is the same with my Christian behaviour. Some days, I tend to get lazy with my worship of God and just go through the motions. I may attend church but my mind is tending to other matters. When I am not mindful of my prayers and just pay lip service to them, they come only from my mind but not my heart. It is not enough just to practice spiritual rituals. I must worship God with my heart as well as my mouth.
As a writer, Kimberley describes how daily devotions helps her with her craft:
Generally after my morning walk, I return home to hot coffee and my pen and paper. I spend one hour writing. I record any enlightenment God has shown me and I reflect on the prayers I had offered up. It's a time for me to not only talk with God, but to listen for a response.
The author recommends finding a quiet space, reading, walking, and writing. One way to start the writing process, she says, is to list five new things each day for which you are grateful.
Where Fitness Meets Faith is a collection of Kimberley's Today's Faith devotional columns that relate pursuing a healthy lifestyle to building a relationship with God. It is short, but packed with useful information you can read over and over again. These sixteen devotions were first published as "Today's Faith" column in the Millbrook Times and Cornwall Seaway News between 2003-2007.
Ms. Payne doesn't end with her devotion booklet. She carries it one step further in her newest book Fit for Faith. This book is far more in-depth and obviously geared to the educationally minded. Again, Christian schools and Home Schools would find this book a great aid or replacement for curriculum in physical education. She deals with health myths, stretching, healthy diet, goal setting, cardio and strength exercising--all necessary parts of healthy living. But Ms. Payne also parallels all her expertise with a spiritual lesson for each point. Having, myself, worked in both the Christian School and the Home School environments, I can clearly see the benefit of such a book. Again, Ms. Payne's professional background as a fitness trainer comes in to play making this book worthy of the school environment.
While Kimberley Payne's two books are very competent in academic content and appear to be targeted to that genre, I would be remiss to say that they are limited only to schooling. Anyone with a desire to be healthy should pick up these two books and anyone who wishes to exercise their spiritual muscles will not be disappointed.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Devotionals
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Exercise & Fitness
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Exercise & Fitness
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Healthy Living
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Devotionals
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Inspirational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth