Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Where I Need To Be (McKenna Series) (Volume 3) Paperback – July 18, 2017
"Warlight" by Michael Ondaatje
A dramatic coming-of-age story set in the decade after World War II, "Warlight" is the mesmerizing new novel from the best-selling author of "The English Patient." Pre-order today
Customers who bought this item also bought
- "Where I Need to Be is a sexy andswoon-worthy romance that will leave the reader smiling. Jamie Hollins hasdelivered another winner." ~Mary, USA Today's Happy Ever After
- "There's something about the McKenna'sthat always drove me to stay up past 2 am. I had that with Ewan, then Sean, andnow even sweet Megan decided to join operation ruin-Natasha's-beauty-sleep." ~ Natasha, Dreamland Teenage Fantasy
- "Again, we get another fantastic bookfrom Ms. Hollins." ~Nellie Rivera, Goodreads
- "This is a good read that will have youturning the pages and staying up late to finish it." ~ Book Lover, Goodreads
- "I am sad to see this series end, but Iam now a bona-fide fan of this author and am eager to see what she creates next."~ Dawn Herring, Goodreads
- "Book three in the McKenna Series andit's another hit! James and Megan story was amazing from the start; I couldn'tput the book down." ~Carla, The Secret World of Book Lovers
- "Where I Need To Be seeps into yourheart and stays wrapped around it. It brings sexy to a fun and exciting level.This book is a must read since I could not put it down!" ~ Crystal, Crystal's Book World
- "The Bottom Line: I LOVED this book!!It's the print version of Billy Joel's Uptown Girl!! What's not to love??"~ RoloPoloBookBlog
- "This book checks all the boxes ... asweet heartfelt romance, laugh out loud moments, realism and hot sex scenes! Ihighly recommend this book ... Megan and James are characters that you won'tsoon forget." ~ Terry,Goodreads
- "The angst levels were high, as bothhad their own baggage to get rid of, the sexy time definitely tried to set mykindle on fire with the FIERY FLAMES OF HOTNESS, and an added in f-bombdropping twist or two, well, this story becomes more than just fun, it'sAWESOME!" ~ Jennifer, ThePower of Three Readers
- "Wow!! This was an amazing read! Icould not put it down. The story was entertaining, emotional, heartwarming, andthe chemistry between Megan and James was off the charts." ~ Book Snuggle
- "It's a refreshing spin onsecond time love, and a very heartwarming romance, that is well written andthought out. I give Where I Need To Be 5 stars." ~ Cara Ross, Goodreads
- "CAUTION Jamie Hollins' third book in theMcKenna series promotes lack of sleep, extreme tiredness, and book hangover."~ Carolyn, Goodreads
- "A fantastic romance that has heart,and is sexy and sweet, charming and full of hope and unstoppable, beautifullove. I kind of ADORE this cover." ~Marie's Tempting Reads
- "I was hooked from the first page withthis book. The characters were perfect and the story was fantastic." ~ Emma's Obsessed Book Reviews
- "I loved the depth of the read. Theintensity. The chemistry. The conflict." ~The Book Junkie Reads
About the Author
Jamie Hollins was born and raised in rural Northeast Ohio. After graduate school, she embarked on a perilous career in Human Resources where she met plenty of real life characters. When she’s not writing or chasing after her toddler, she enjoys reading and golfing. Jamie lives in Pennsylvania with her husband, son, and their dog, Winston.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Beautifully written, Where I Need To Be is one of the best books I have read in a very long time. The depth of the characters made me feel as if I were part of the story and these were old friends to be caught up with. I loved that the story built with a natural flow and that the relationship between the two was allowed to develop before jumping into bed. With characters easy to empathize with, an adorable little boy, just enough angst, and two characters with off the charts chemistry, this is the perfect summer beach read! And while it is book 3 in the McKenna Series, it can very easily be read as a stand alone.
When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. Megan McKenna had it made. Living the life of luxury and in the blink of an eye, she's scrapping pennies to get by in life. But raising her head held high, she won't succumb to her short comings, or so she thought.
Finding her husband in a compromising position, she doesn't sit back and take it. With no home, job, car or income, Megan takes the cup is half full and makes the best of it. Teacher by trade, she finds a job, roommate and beat up car that's seen it's better day. But when she lands up in auto repair, she's brought back to James Foley. And what's repaired, is not just her car.
James Foley is his own boss. Being a single father and owning his own auto business is no easy task. He put his child first rather than dealing with his sons mother's drug addiction. He put his child first. While putting long hours into his auto shop, he comes face to face with a former customer, Megan McKenna. For once thinking she was like every other customer who was privileged, she was caringdown to earth and wholesome.
James and Megan find love again. With both being burned in the past. They learn to love, respect, care and honesty. With each love story, communication and honesty is key. But when two souls connect, nothing will stop them being torn away.
Received arc through Netgalley
Megan McKenna is recently divorced from her cheating Realty mogul husband of 7 years who left her with nothing but her clothes, shoes and handbags due to the pre nup she signed. She lost her teaching job at the private prep school with the divorce and recently got a public school teaching position. She can’t bear the thought of disappointing her parents, so several months after the divorce has been final, they still don’t know. None of her family does.
When Megan buys a POS car after the divorce, she takes it to the only mechanic she’s ever had any contact with - James. He’s shocked when he sees the wealthy Megan drive up in the POS but doesn’t say anything. When she picks up the car and she signs a different name, he realizes she must be divorced. Then he discovers she’s his son’s new teacher.
James is a really nice guy, loves his kid, went above and beyond for his now ex-wife, is a hard worker and a great boss.
Megan, while I give her kudos for starting over with nothing, I was very disappointed in her not telling her family about her divorce. Having read the previous two books, and seeing what awesome people they are, it was difficult to understand why she was struggling so much to tell them.
While this starts out as a fling, it quickly turns serious. However, they both have pasts to overcome and to decide if a future together is worth working out.
I loved Megan’s roommate Calli!
This is a good read that will have you turning the pages and staying up late to finish it. While you can read this as a standalone, the epilogue wraps up all three books. While the first book remains my favorite, this one is a close second. I recommend reading them all. I will be looking for more from this author.
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC provided by the publisher and NetGalley.
Most recent customer reviews
Book #3: McKenna Series
My Rating: 5/5 stars
James Foley has had enough of women!Read more
James Foley owns his own auto garage and lives with his six year old son and father ever since his ex-wife decided she liked drugs more than...Read more
I have loved this series from the start and was excited to read Megan's story, hoping it...Read more