Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Where the Wild Things Are
Format: Paperback|Change

on January 23, 2017
One of the best children's books ever written! An enjoyable classic for adults as well! It stands the test of time!
on May 17, 2017
This book is one of my all-time favorites from childhood, and now a favorite of my son's too. It arrived in perfect condition, so pretty. I gave it as a gift. The recipient loved it!
on November 29, 2017
One of our favorite children's books. Used this one as a guest book for my son's "wild rumpus." It worked perfectly and will be a treasured keepsake for years to come.
on April 18, 2017
Purchased this for sister's Where the Wild Things Are baby shower and had guests leave notes for the baby on the front page. Very cute story and good keepsake to read to baby later.
on December 22, 2016
I purchased this book for my daughters baby shower since it was always one of her favorites growing up. The illustrations and story are perfect for holding the attention of the squirmiest of kids.
on May 4, 2017
The only reason I am giving it 4 stars is because of the condition the book came in. The outer cover was bent in a few different places right from the packaging. Other than that, I loved the book as a kid and my daughter enjoyed reading it for the first time last night.
on November 25, 2017
One of my favorite children's books! I have read this over and over again to my son's ! Now I get to revisit it with my granddaughter. It's a classic!
on May 17, 2017
Love the book, bought it for a themed bday party for my son. Cover came with a small tear in it. Needed it for the party so just tapped it.
on September 12, 2017
We based this book around the theme for my sister's baby shower! It was a hit. We used the first few pages to have everyone sign in and write a note to baby boy.
review image
on January 1, 2015
I first reviewed this book nearly 40 years ago as a child. It was my favorite book for many years, as evidenced by the worn pages. Like every child, I wanted a book to take me on an adventure. I wanted to be awed. I wanted each page turn to lead with excitement about what was around the corner. Not only did Maurice Sendak write a simple, yet exciting story about Max's evening adventure; his art work brought that world to life in an amazing way. Actually, I think it is the art work that kept drawing me back to this book.

I bought this copy of the book for a baby shower where children's books were requested. It appeared to be the same quality hardcover book that I read as a child. I know that in a few years another child will be joining Max on his adventure, and smiling all the way.