Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,422 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,000 reviews
on May 12, 2017
This is my favorite children's book and just one of my favorite books overall. I bought this one as a gift (I have at least two of my own copies). I buy this for everyone I know who is having a baby and have been doing that for probably 20-25 years. It's just a beautifully illustrated book with a wonderful story. You should buy this for yourself and any kid you know.
on November 11, 2016
I had bought my great granddaughter a wonderful creature stuffed toy and my sis suggested this classic book to go along. GREAT IDEA! Thanks, Sis. I read the book and the story is just scary enough for kids. The illustrations are wonderful. Certainly a classic for any child's library.

Recommend product. Recommend seller.
on July 28, 2017
This is not to take away from the story, which is entertaining for little ones (especially our adventurous little boy). But the pictures really bring everything to life. All in all, this is a classic that I also enjoyed when I was a kid. It is a must have for any book collection!
on July 24, 2017
The story and art is simply the best for a children's book. This is one of the gifts I give to new mother (mostly because I don't know baby books at all) and is something that a child can grow to read and love as he ages. This is one of the books that got me into drawing.
on August 1, 2017
My daughters' favorite book! Personally I don't mind reading this over and over again. The illustrations are so engaging and any parent with a little "wild one" will totally relate to this adorable story. It really exceeded my expectation.
on February 8, 2016
This and Harold and the Purple Crayon were my favorite books as a kid...Suess books were scary. I saw Maurice Sendak on the Colbert Report once and he said he didn't write it for kids, but I think he was just goofing around....or not
on June 13, 2017
Was a bit disappointed the pages only had a few words per page & a very brief story, rather than a good size story. This is appropriate for a very young child, rather than a preschooler.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2017
One of the best children's books ever written! An enjoyable classic for adults as well! It stands the test of time!
on May 17, 2017
This book is one of my all-time favorites from childhood, and now a favorite of my son's too. It arrived in perfect condition, so pretty. I gave it as a gift. The recipient loved it!
on April 18, 2017
Purchased this for sister's Where the Wild Things Are baby shower and had guests leave notes for the baby on the front page. Very cute story and good keepsake to read to baby later.