Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

Where the Wild Things Are
Format: Paperback|Change

Top Contributor: Petson December 29, 2017
What is there to say? This is identical to the beloved book of my childhood. So happy to pass it on to my boys. I always identified personally with the little hero of this book because I was often sent to my room without any supper. So this little boy and I “hung out” quite a bit when I was younger. Good times. I have always been a huge fan of Maurice Sendak. And I love how, even though the monsters look a little scary, they never hurt the boy and the boy actually has full control over them (since he is imagining, anyway). So there is no real threat of young readers being very scared by the monsters in the book. Classic that should be in everyone’s library.
on March 29, 2017
I'm not going to lie, I am a 40-year-old and have never, ever read this book or had it read to me. I got this for my three-year-old daughter for 3rd bday, on behalf of my uncle who got it for her birthday. (He doesn't have a computer so I order his books.) I really enjoyed this book myself. It's very interesting. The drawings are amazing. The story is good/makes a point-has a subtle lesson. Maybe not for an older child but my daughter is 3yrs. She seems to understand it and likes it. She has requested read more than once at night. So in my book that makes it a winner.
on November 24, 2015
I got the book Where the Wild Things Are because one of my twin four year old boys reminds me so much of the little boy in the book, Max. Oftentimes he gets into mischief, more so than his brothers. When I came across this book on Amazon I automatically thought of my rotten little boy that usually just can't keep his fingers off things. I just knew he would love this book, and I was right! My strong willed, free spirited child who normally won't sit still long enough to eat his supper, sat mesmerized throughout this whole book. Each time we turned the page he was excited about the pictures and wanted to see what adventurous thing Max or his wild monster friends would do next. I recommend this book to anyone and everyone with children.
on March 21, 2017
Never was a fan before. The author in interviews seems to be so full of himself, but this time was different. My 18 month old just loves this story. The growling monsters must be what got him! I say "Where the Wild Things Are" while driving, and he says "Rarrw" in response. The artwork is nice. Good quality book, for a paperback edition.
on August 15, 2016
This was the very first book I had ever read on my own cover to cover,
that alone rates it 5 stars for me.

It's a classic that still holds up 40-50 years later.
The pictures are cool and interesting enough to hold a young mind's attention, until they get all the words.

That's what did it for me anyway,
it's still one of my favorites.
We still have our 30+ year old copy of "Wild Things", and I can recite it by heart; I've bought copies for each of my grandchildren. "The night Max wore his wolf suit....and made mischief of one kind....and another..." It's a wonderful story of childhood imagination; one every child should hear and love.
on July 28, 2017
This is not to take away from the story, which is entertaining for little ones (especially our adventurous little boy). But the pictures really bring everything to life. All in all, this is a classic that I also enjoyed when I was a kid. It is a must have for any book collection!
on April 20, 2013
I bought this to share with my 14 month old grandson. I had it as a child, I read it to my son as a child and he, in turn, bought it for his son. So, this three-generation book is a big hit! I used to be able to recite the entire book. I still remember most of it.

As a child, the illustrations were magical. I had never seen anything like it and I still remember the feeling. Fast forward 40+ years and the world is a much more colorful place. The graphics may not seem as groundbreaking today. But, they are still magical. I have seen 1-star reviews of this book and I am shocked. It's like giving A Christmas Carol or The Sneetches a 1-star review. Everyone, of course, has the right to their opinion. I can't help thinking they just don't get it. Maybe they don't read very much?

Buy this book!!! Share the magic with your children and grandchildren. Someday, they too, might be able to recite the whole book word for word ... to their children.
on April 14, 2017
One of, perhaps my favorite children's book from my childhood. Maurice Sendak has got to be one of the best children's book illustrators of his time, he brought to life the wild things in the most wonderful way. Every child should own a copy of this book, they'll want it read to them over and over again!
on January 31, 2018
I purchased this book for my children when they were little and they are now 47 and 51. I think that this book is one of the best written for children -- beautiful picture to keep kids interested and a story that is not too long. I have purchased this book for all of my grandchildren and this book is for my friend's little ones - ages 4 and twin 3 year olds.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse