BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

Where's the Poop?
Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 11, 2015
This is a fun interactive potty training book that my toddler enjoys. I like to set him with it on the potty to give him some time to go poop, however, I fear it has worked too well. When I came bak to the bathroom he did poop without a diaper... See pic.
review image
11 comment| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2017
I'm not going to lie, I bought this book without high expectations of results. I have a 2 1/2 year old son who is potty training. He refused to go poop on a potty chair, instead he would hold it in until we left him to go to sleep at night, then would go in his pull up. It was getting so frustrating, so I ordered this book. He was so excited that it was his own special book and it was about poop. So, I made him a deal, I would read it to him, but he would have to sit on the potty chair and poop while I read it. Not even kidding, he pooped on the first day and hasn't gone back since. Of course, I have to have patience and read the book slowly and let him lift all the flaps and talk about all the pictures, but he loves this book and he's pooping on a toilet, so I really have no complaints.
on October 18, 2017
My grandson was very hesitant to make a poo in the potty. He would hold it until I was convinced he must be constipated. As soon as the underwear went back on he would let loose. Then I got this book. Finally he was able to see that it was normal to go poo in the potty. Lifting the flaps to find the poo was a terrific idea, Now it is standard reading material when it is time to 'go.'
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 22, 2017
This is a very weird book. Let's hope my kid doesn't start pooping outside like an animal. Each page has a different animal family and the child must lift thd flap to find the poop. Im serious, its weird. How does this help my child with potty training? All it teaches is that animals poop outside! Let's hope she doesn't pop a squat and poop like a bear does outside!
on September 19, 2017
I give three stars because my son liked it, but it still seems a bit weird to me when he picks up a flap and excitedly yells "THERE'S THE POOP!"

I mean, everybody poops, but I think you should only get excited about it when it lands in the toilet! I would recommend just getting the classic Everybody Poops. This may be a good addition, if you need two books about poop.
on March 2, 2009
I love this book! My 2-year old is potty training and is reluctant to poop in the potty. This book has been great for stimulating her interest in it. The illustrations of different animal mommies and daddies and their babies are gorgeous and the little peek-a-boo flaps clever. Behind some of the flaps are poops and behind others there are fun surprises like animals and waterfalls. She enjoys opening all of them but her favorite is of course finding the poop. Sure it's one of those topics not discussed in polite conversation but kids who are potty training really benefit from this kind of "out in the open" talk of pooping as a natural process that everyone goes through. There are far too few books that address this. I have over a dozen "potty books" but all they really talk about is peeing, or, if going poop is even mentioned it's glossed over. I like how they show a human child goes poop too, along with the animal babies.

But more importantly, my daughter loves to read it...it's one of her favorite books. She gets to read 3 stories before bed and many nights she just wants this book, repeated twice!

Full disclosure: I can't say that it has helped with convincing her to go #2 in the potty, but she is at least excited about the topic and talks opening and excitedly about it now.

If it wasn't such a "delicate" topic I'd give this book to every mom and dad of a two year old!
on November 3, 2015
Why is the poop in the same spot on every page? My daughter bored of it easily for this reason. Also, some of the wording in this book is odd ("do you have to make a poop?" Is not language we ever use at home).
on May 14, 2017
This book is so stinking cute! My potty training 2 year old loves wild animals. And he loves flip/activity books. This is those 2 combined. After reading this book to him at the potty, he shortly pooped in the potty for the first time! It's a cute way of showing that even animals poop and so should he but of course in the potty.
on February 19, 2017
This is an adorable way to present to your kids why not to hold in poopie. It has lift-the-flap pages. My three year old loves it. And it reminds him that everyone, even animals, must not hold in the poopie, but everyday get it out of your body. If your child is struggling with feeling poops are too gross to make, this may be the answer. It helped our family!
Enthusiast: Pokemonon May 6, 2016
While potty training and experiencing some resistance with pooping, we decided to try some books to see if any would help. This is one of the books we purchased, and our daughter likes it a lot. Not exactly sure if it's helping with her comfort zone, but it is entertaining to her. Even though she knows where the poop flap is, she goes through each flap to explain what's behind it.