Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 17 reviews
on April 13, 2008
I am thrilled to have discovered Where's Your Wow? Thanks to this easy-to-read, information-packed little book, I feel confident that I'll be able to take my business to the next level. Where's Your Wow? is the secret weapon to success that I've been waiting for! Robyn's and Rick's message, "Give to your customers, to your audience, to your allies, to your employees," resonates deeply with me. Be prepared to see and hear "Aging Backwards" everywhere - this book taught me what I need to know to soar.
on January 13, 2009
This book is easy to read and you can read it in a few hours. This book is has some basic to begin your brand and your marketing. It helps you look at some things you may not have thought of. As entrepreneurs it is important to have a wow and a brand that sticks in peoples mind. This book will show you how. Persuasion: The Art of Getting What You Want
I eagerly anticipated the arrival of this book, expecting it would guide me toward the "Wow" in my own business. I was disappointed.

Here's why:

1. One of the basic principles of reading material is that san-serif fonts are good for titles but hard to read as text. Throughout this book, you'll find the text in san-serif fonts. And if I needed a good example of why text should be set with serif fonts, this is it. It is more difficult to read "Where's Your WOW?" than it should be.

2. Stories of businesses that have successfully identified their "WOW" are helpful to illustrate principles, but they are not the principles themselves. I felt that I should intuit from their stories how to create a "WOW" for myself.

As a photographer, I am keenly aware that photos that pop, that grab the attention and hold it, are firmly grounded in the basics - lighting, focus, clarity. Then there's that something more - an unusual way of presenting a subject that makes the viewer stop and say WOW!

3. Where's Your Wow is a good business book that presents the basics clearly - but fails to make the leap from good business practices to WOW.

Three stars.
I just read this book and I know just about as much as anyone can know about marketing. I still took many notes and marked pages. I would suggest this book even if you are a seasoned marketer, there is something for everyone here! Many good ideas and real life examples.