Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno
asked by S. Yuen on December 4, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
I talked to Amazon and the Rep was friendly but not knowledgeable (which, is somewhat understandable considering the insane number of products they stock). He said to call Nikon to confirm. So I called Nikon. Nikon says that Amazon is their only authorized dealer that does not have a brick and mortar store front. He said all purchases from Amazon (not through a 3rd party on Amazon) come with a full U.S. warranty. Call Nikon USA yourself is you want at 1-800-645-6689.
Bradley answered on January 2, 2008
Comment | 13 of 13 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I recently bought this lens from Amazon (received last Friday). On the box it is clearly indicated that the warranty is 1+4. Also, there is a warranty card inside the package. I think Amazon sales the US version of it. It is sold out at this moment, I think this doesn't contribute too much now. I haven't actually registered the lens as I am considering change it to a constant aperture lens with smaller zoom (non Nikon brand).
T@NJ answered on January 7, 2008
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
M. J. Grumet answered on March 27, 2008
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This is a link from the nikonusa.com website that gives a pdf file listing all authorized dealers for Nikon as of 24 Aug. 2009 and AMAZON.COM IS on the list: http://www.nikonusa.com/fileuploads/pdfs/Authorized_Dealers/Nikon_AuthDealers.pdf
GSM answered on August 31, 2009
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Robert L. King answered on March 29, 2008
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You don't need to worry about the 10 days. See this post.

http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin/nikonusa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=16192
B. Humphrey answered on February 24, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
is amazon an atherized nikon dealer
shirley kessler answered on July 13, 2015
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I tried to get Amazon to commit to which warranty. I contacted customer service by phone and e-mail. I asked them if this lens was Gray Market, 1 year warranty out of country Service, or 5 year Nikon U.S.A. Warranty, but they were vague and did not really answer my inquiries. I got the run arround! This is no great deal if it is Gray Market Lens.
Steven A. Fischer answered on December 31, 2007
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm in the same situation. My instinct tells me it's a gray market lens, which is probably why they're not showing any warranty information. So, beware. It's a complex lens with sensors and electronics. If something goes wrong, Nikon won't touch it.
Barry Shea answered on December 15, 2007
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This lens is sold out through Amazon; however, it is currently being offered for $679 USD through Ritz Camera. So, if your inquiry is regarding purchasing it through Ritz Camera, they have several stores in the U.S. West Coast. It's my understanding that they are affiliated with Wolf Camera which is predominantly in the Midwest or East Coast. Both Ritz and Wolf are authorized brick and mortar Nikon dealers and do not sell grey stuff.

I lived both in the West Coast and Midwest, but please don't take my word for it. Feel free to conduct your research on both...
Average Joe answered on January 14, 2008
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product