Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM
Customer Discussions > Dragon's Dogma - Playstation 3 forum

Which Dragon's Dogma pre order bonus is best? Which will you be getting?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 26, 2012 3:19:40 PM PDT
Meji says:
Amazon's weapon, Best Buy's armor or Gamestop's rift crystal. Which d oyou think is the best pre order bonus and which will you be getting? Don't say walmart's 10 back deal .

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 1:11:03 PM PDT
I pre-ordered mine from Gamestop, the rift crystals are the way to go!!!

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 6:18:30 PM PDT
Cars&Guitars says:
I have some promo/store credit here so I'm going to stick with Amazon's preorder bonus.

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 6:59:20 PM PDT
Maya Bach says:
Gamestop since it's two minutes away from my house. I'm not even sure what rift crystals are (the currency of the game, or just for upgrades?) but Gamestop usually gets the best preorder stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 12:58:35 AM PDT
Rift crystals are used to hire pawns from the rift. As far as I know of, that's all they're used for.

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 9:03:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 28, 2012 9:54:11 AM PDT
Xeyska says:
2,000 Rift Crystals will give a decent headstart in hiring pawns above the Arisen's lvl in the beginning, from what I saw on a DD preview on youtube hiring lvl 19+ pawns gets expensive. At 19 they start costing 1K RCs.

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 3:28:20 PM PDT
Newegg's 47.99 price tag a few days ago. :P

Seriously though, I think the Rift Crystals is best, especially if it happens on every character you make. However with my Amazon credit and RDD for a buck, Amazon's the way to go for me. Still hoping they'll go back and price match Newegg's pre-order deal though.

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 11:55:55 AM PDT
2,000 Rift Crystals since it not only allows higher lvl pawns to be bought off the bat
it also makes the merchants have more, and Better goods in the stores!

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 7:35:09 AM PDT
Phenom says:
While the Rift Crystals would be nice, I'm leaning towards Amazon. They've (almost) always been better than Gamestop

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 10:05:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 1, 2012 12:21:57 AM PDT
Pfft I say!
amazon gives the Weapon Upgrade (if you can call it that) Pack
this is amazons pack:
Pre-order Dragon's Dogma and get the Weapon Upgrade Pack, which will stock your item storage with dependable weapons for the class you choose at the beginning of your game (Fighter, Strider or Mage) -- an Iron Sword, a Criteria, and a Wooden Staff.

Best Buy Preorder Content:
Dragons Dogma: Armor Pack Dlc - PS3 [Digital Download Add-On]
ARMOR UPGRADE PACK - Commence your adventure in Dragon's Dogma with an armor upgrade early in the game. This armor pack will stock your item storage with sturdy armors for the class you choose at the beginning of your game (Fighter, Strider or Mage). A Farewell Hood, Farewell Gloves, and a Farewell Cloak will help you no matter your new vocation, making your adventures sweet and easy as Meloirean pie.
Pre-order now. Token code e-mailed on Release date: 5/22/2012

this is Gamestops Preorder Bonus:
Bonus Item
*Pawn Upgrade Pack!

Preorder Dragon's Dogma and get the Pawn Upgrade Pack!

Pawn Upgrade Pack - Begin your Dragon's Dogma adventure with an additional 2,000 Rift Crystals! This early cash advance' will allow you to enlist higher level PAWNs early on in addition to having an expanded set of items available for purchase at Aestella's shop in Cassardis!

Gamestop easily wins.

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 11:13:49 AM PDT
Honestly, I feel like none of these pre-order bonuses are really amazing. None of it is exclusive content, or anything extraordinary. Yeah Gamestop does have the best one, but it's not saying much, heh.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 9:20:22 AM PDT
Avengedfrk says:
i personally think all of the preorder bonuses suck. but if i had to choose i would probably go with gamestop.

Posted on May 1, 2012 12:29:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 1, 2012 12:29:12 PM PDT
Trust Me says:
All the preorder bonuses suck, they all just give you a bit of in-game stuff ahead of time that you will probly get like 10min later in the game. lol

Posted on May 10, 2012 10:41:11 PM PDT
Phenom says:
amazon added $10 credit so they've got my vote

Posted on May 11, 2012 9:54:23 AM PDT
Daniel M. says:
Same here. I pre-ordered last night after I saw they added the ten cash back, added with the weapons and release date delivery, it's the best bet out there.

Posted on May 12, 2012 12:07:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2012 12:08:17 PM PDT
It does not matter to me. Too bad the collector edition was just for japan only.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 5:31:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 22, 2012 5:55:25 PM PDT
Matt Wilson says:
Gamestop easily loses. the 2000 rift crystals are available NOW in the PSN for $0.99, but the other bonuses are not.

Speaking with support now, they claim there was no $10 credit on this pre-order. I really should have gotten a screen shot of it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 6:01:57 PM PDT
Phenom says:
No $10 credit? Amazon claims this? I got mine

Posted on May 22, 2012 6:06:15 PM PDT
Matt Wilson says:
I never even got an e-mail for the DLC code, had to get it from support.

All they could do was send a request about the issue to their promotions and blah (whatever) department. I sent them several links to people and sites mentioning the $10 bonus as proof.

Posted on May 22, 2012 8:48:19 PM PDT
Phenom says:
Oh wow. Seems this is a haunted game cause I never got my weapons pack and no one at amazon seems to know what I'm talking about

Posted on May 22, 2012 9:12:36 PM PDT
i havent gotten my weapons code yet either. i got a email from a chat i had earlier and even though i had the game pre-ordered sine last month, they said i didnt qualify for the bonus but yet i got the 10 dollars credit. i even tried to talk in a live chat just now and the rep told me they dont give the codes, only marketing does

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 9:23:23 PM PDT
Matt Wilson says:
That's BS, because the "regent" I spoke with over chat gave me the code for the weapon pack right then and there.

Now I just need to know how I get those weapons, since I installed it, but have no idea where to grab them from in-game (they are not in my inventory).

Also, I got an e-mail finally with the $10 credit code. So if you guys are still missing stuff, just keep bothering customer support.

Posted on May 23, 2012 2:45:04 AM PDT
got my weapons code just now in my email account. everyone should have theirs by now or today sometime

Posted on May 25, 2012 8:49:01 AM PDT
Amazon give me 3 codes with dragons dogma :-) weapon, armour and rift crystals
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Apr 26, 2012
Latest post:  May 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about