|Item Weight||25 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||15 x 12.6 x 40.5 inches|
|Item model number||8LIECH-SC-SSS-5L-W|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||Manufacturer warranty for one (1) year from date of purchase.|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Whirlpool Self Cleaning, Hot and Cold, Stainless Bottom Load Water Cooler with LED Indicators
|Price:||$279.97 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$70.02 (20%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- *** The warranty is only valid if purchased from the authorized seller Reil Machines. Warranty service will not be provided for product purchased from other sellers.***
- 6th Sense Self Cleaning automatically technology uses unstable Oxygen to break down bacteria and viruses in the water. The LED indicator shows when the Self-Cleaning is running, as well as when the cold and hot are at optimum temperature.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Self Cleaning technology uses automatic injections of unstable oxygen to destroys bacteria and viruses.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is the number one selling water cooler on Amazon. That helped in my decision process. I also became really attached to the idea of a bottom-loading dispenser. I cannot lift a five-gallon jug of water and have always been dependent upon someone else in the house to change the water for me. Then I became attached to the idea of self-cleaning — because cleaning a water is really a pain in the butt — and it wastes a lot of water, in my opinion. And admittedly, both of these features added to the cost of the machine.
I read every single Amazon review before I finally gave in and ordered the cooler. I was able to mentally counter almost every major complaint any one had. The LED light can’t be turned off? I love it — it adds a night light to my kitchen. My brother, who won’t even use the cooler, commented on how much he liked the new one because of the “night light” feature. And I defy my middle brother to complain that the water isn’t cold enough out of the cooler (he used to whine about that every Thanksgiving about the old cooler!)
The space where the water dispenses isn’t tall enough? I always just tipped the 23.7 FL OZ sport bottle that I keep refilling — not a problem. Well, actually, it turns out that is the one complaint I have about the cooler — and the reason for giving it four stars instead of five. On my old cooler I tipped the sport bottle under the cold water spout, filled it and replaced the lid I drank from. This cooler does not have spouts! The panel where the water is dispensed just has holes from which the water is dispensed. There are arrows that indicate where the water will be dispensed, which is great for a glass of cold water or a mug of hot water for tea. But if you’re trying to line up a tipped bottle — or even a 16.9 FL OZ bottle which fits in the space — you’re almost guaranteed water in places you did not intend. I now keep a small funnel on top of the dispenser to refill my bottles. It’s a simple solution but every time I use it I think how much easier things would be if this machine simply had a dispenser spout.
I am extremely pleased with both the temperatures of the hot and the cold water. And while I have not had the occasion to make multiple cups of hot tea yet, I have refilled five bottles at once and each one has been as cold as the last.
One last “odd” note — the installation instructions mandate a four-inch margin behind and on the sides of the machine — the same as my last cooler. This one, because of the slightly rounded bottom door, seemed to stick out further into the not expansive walking space in my kitchen. I had to turn it sideways, with the back to the adjacent cabinet and the side to the wall. It looks a little odd but actually makes the “night Light” much more effective.
I think some of the negative reviews are for other water coolers. I have no issues using a 4 or 5 gallon water bottle; issues with the seller; temperature of hot and cold water; water tasting awful (I use spring water) , etc.
The unit arrived with dents in the door. I contacted the seller and they were very responsive to resolve this issue. They offered to sent a replacement door and a partial refund instead of returning the unit and ordering another. I received both in a timely manner. Great customer service from this seller!
1) The unit look nice in my kitchen.
2) Cold water is colder than water cooled in my refrigerator.
3) Hot water is hot enough to make tea and hot chocolate.
4) Easy bottom load so no waiting for husband to lift heavy water bottles.
5) Self cleaning
6) Empty bottle indicator
7) Not noisy
CONS: No cons
1. It's a good looking piece of equipment and an attractive spot filler.
2. It offers a very nice HOT cup of water. I find myself using that function quite a bit. A very good thing about the 'hot' water button it has a
safety. It would be difficult for a child to accidentally be burned when dispensing or attempting to dispense water from either cold or hot side.
3. NO HEAVY LIFTING - it's bottom loaded, simple and very easy.
4. LED Indicator lights and alert sounds. When you're in need of replacement bottle it alerts you by sight and sound. Otherwise there is very little sound coming from the cooler, barely a hum. If it weren't for the lights I'd have to check to make sure it was still running. Lastly, the lights are a plus at night.
1. LED lights run all the time. There should be an option to turn them off.
2. As good as the hot water is at getting hot the cold water falls short. The water gets a chill not COLD. It gets just a little below room temp.
The cooler is placed at a diagonal position in a corner with 4" clearance on either side and 12" from the corner. That meets the requisite
requirements of placement to function optimally. I like really cold water and miss that from my previous cooler. There is always ice cubes, so no biggie.
Overall the benefits far outweigh the negatives. Yes, I would recommend the cooler. To Whirlpool I recommend the changes for an LED lights on/off switch. And to figure out a way to make the water as consistently cold as the hot is consistently hot.
I have now been using the cooler for about 3 months and things have changed. My biggest issue was just above room temperature cold water. That has changed in a huge way. The cooler dispenses consistently cold water. I have no idea what changed but the temperature has definitely improved for the better.
Most recent customer reviews
spill/catch tray is chintzy; gets rust & water spots easily.Read more