|Item Weight||300 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||27.2 x 24 x 71.8 inches|
|Item model number||LTE5243DQ|
|National Stock Number||3510-01-459-1387|
Whirlpool LTE5243DQ 24-Inch Thin-Twin Stacked Washer/Dryer Electric Laundry Center
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This product is highly durable
- This product adds a great value
- This product is manufactured in United states
- Stacked electric washer/dryer laundry center for small spaces
- 1-1/2-cubic-foot washer with 5 cycles and a 1/2-HP motor
- 3-2/5-cubic-foot dryer provides 5 cycles and a 1/4-HP motor
- Surgilator agitator; stepped-down agitation speeds; quiet operation
- Measures 27-1/4 by 24 by 71-3/4 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
We put one of these in one our apartments. It worked well for about a year and then headed south.
I watched as a repairman opened it. The washer drum is held up by three struts/shock absorbers that sit in these slightly cupped supports. If the wash isn't perfectly balanced (and how could any be that way), it jumps off the strut.
Great size. Not at all built to last.
The good news is that it is quick, thorough, dryer is fine, and my housekeeper has always put in ridiculous amounts of laundry--with two boys and a husband who all play sports. The machine works constantly in our house. In fact, the machine can take lots of laundry, like all the bedding of a queen bed plus some hand towels and undergarments, and wash well, but it is the rinsing that isn't thorough when the drum is that full. It does if you put very, very little soap--and if one has been reading about washing machines, it turns out that it is the rotating action that actually cleans the clothes, not the soap beyond a minimal amount.
The dryer too, is great--contrary to some complaints.
The negative is that indeed it does go off balance, frankly more so with fewer items that are in the tub, especially if they are heavy. And I also agree that the cover does rust in the corners after 10 years. Not noticeable when closed, and barely noticeable when open. I thought it was just ours because it is in a closet, so not a lot of air ventilation.
Lastly, and no one mentioned this, but I do find the dryer creates a lot of lint. It is important to clean the filter every second or third time--otherwise it gets completely blocked for letting air vent out. Perhaps that is why some people complain about the dryer taking a long time. With a clean lint filter it seems to work well.
I would recommend this, but am currently investigating the GE 24".Read more ›
I saw all the negative reviews and I just had to leave my experience with this washer Dryer. Yes, it is not large, but that is the point of this washer/dryer. This is what you buy if you have a small house or an apartment. It can do a lot for its size. Don't leave negative reviews if you did not bother read the dimensions before buying something.
1. Space saver as this is meant for situations where space is a concern.
2. Reliable and has not had a single problem
3. Washes and dries my clothes very well
4. Many settings to choose from
5. Easy to install
1. Compared to the new washing machines out there this looks a little dated.
I have been using this for years and it has served me well. I recommend it.
This is not the first Whirlpool product I bought that had a faulty part from the start. There was a problem with a water heater ignition switch, the compressor problem with a refrigerator, and the dishwasher with the faulty computer chip. I also don't care for their Customer Service department's snide attitude. I am done with this company.
1. Great little machine. My wife’s a blacksmith and comes home fairly filthy on a daily basis. This machine gets her clothes clean, just like the bigger, more expensive models do.
2. The dryer works well. I’ve taken to setting it just on the low side of halfway on the auto-dry setting. My clothes come out dry but not cooked.
1. It has a small load capacity, but seriously, the small size is why I bought it. When my laundry basket is full, I used to run two loads in a standard size washer. With the Thin Twin I need to run three. Not a big deal for me. It fits a load of queen sized sheets just fine. I imagine it would do king sized too, but you might need to split the sheets into separate loads.
2. It’s a bit loud, but not really that bad. Simply louder than a standard size of similar design. Close the door on your washing area (if that’s an option for you) and you won’t be bothered.
3. The “dryer’s done” buzzer is very loud. However, it’s very easy to disable without any tools, and can be reenabled at any time. Basically, you just pull the wires from the buzzer (wrap the ends in electrical tape, safety first!).
I’d buy this unit again, but reading the reviews from other people I can expect at least 10 years from this one.
One more thing, the lint trap (in the back of the dryer) collects a lot of lint. I can see that if people don’t clean it out on a regular basis, the performance of the dryer can suffer. Perhaps that’s what some people are complaining about when they say the dryer doesn’t dry well. Due to the lint trap’s location, it might be hard for short people or children to reach (I’m 5’10” and can reach it easily).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought mine at Home Depot. The salesman said it had a full-size tub. It does not. You can't even get a full Queen set of sheets with an extra pair of pillow cases in a single... Read morePublished 3 days ago by Ellen Drake
I have owned this model washer dryer for twenty odd years and have never had a problem with it. It isn't fancy but it's a hard worker and gets the job done. Read morePublished 1 month ago by miagrace
I have lived in four different apartments over the last 5 years. While this is one the smallest of the washer/dryer units provided to us, it has been my favorite, by far. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Brenda
I have never reviewed anything before, but I have to warn you, DO NOT BUY the Whirlpool Thin Twin!! Now, I have owned a Thin Twin for over 20 years and it was a great... Read morePublished 11 months ago by Winner
I have the 110 vs. the 220 electrical version and very pleased with the drying time. Something else that is awesome for the small closet in my RV is that the rear of the washer is... Read morePublished 12 months ago by Becky
This unit is worse than the one it replaced--that eliminated the wash water by dumping it all over my floor. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Ellie B.
We had over 60 of these in a ski lodge where I was the property manager. I can say that they're decent for what they are, and we had pretty good luck with them. Read morePublished 14 months ago by S. Smith
This washer dryer is a joke. I currently use one in my rental unit and it's awful. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS UNIT.! It waists water and energy! Read morePublished 16 months ago by Denise55500