Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Whirlpool GZ25FSRXYY
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

on June 25, 2012
We are very satisfied with purchase. We did not get from Amazon, I often go here to look at reviews on big items like this. It is very big, plenty of room. Love the middle drawer. The owner's manual said you can use it for: 1. items you use most often, saves energy from opening a small drawer versus the 2 french drawers. 2. for kids, the things they use most often, they can serve themselves. 3. fruits and veggies. The freezer holds more than I expected, like the basket shelf at the top. A review on another site mentioned she had to lay her juices down, but we found the shelves to be quite adjustable, we can fit a pitcher and large juices on the bottom left of the fridge. Also like that a gallon of milk fits is the door. The icemaker is small, but we don't use tons of ice anyway. All the controls are on the outside. We like the feature that premeasures water for your special water bottle, or for cooking (read manual to calibrate before using feature).
on August 20, 2012
This unit is great. It handles what a family of 5 needs. The ice maker is perfect for our family, not sure what the other person had a issue with. It holds up to 10 lbs of ice and keeps up with our busy family. This is a great frig, and would highly recommend this.
on September 15, 2014
Leaks, leaks leaks. Problem with defrost drain and it leaks onto our hardwood floor. :-( We have tried all of the "tried and true" repairs. Then the power went out two weeks ago and the ice maker never worked again. If I spend almost $2k for a refrigerator, it had better work. Ours starting with issues 60 days into ownership. Super lame. We got ours through Costco and lucky for us, Costco doubles the manufacturer's warranty and is willing to give us a full refund. Bottom line: Don't buy it. If you did, hopefully you were lucky enough to have Costco.
on May 27, 2013
I did a lot of research before purchasing. I am one of those over analytical people when it comes to shopping. I have had this unit about 6 months. No complaints from me. Ice maker works well, water filter works fine. I like the veggie slide between the fridge and freezer. Freezer seems to have ample space for my needs. You can configure the fridge shelves as you would like them. Easy cleaning to take out the shelving and hand wash. I would give this 4 stars. Only issue I would say is the water filter and the ice maker take up too much room on the top of the inside. Other than that, thumbs up!
on July 25, 2013
After 2 months our STAINLESS STEEL fridge began rusting. We had cared for according to the manual. I called and was told after a half hour arguing, that is was cosmetic damage and not covered. We were told we could schedule maintenance through them at our own cost. I complained on Facebook and they said they were looking into it and sent numerous emails, only to receive pat answers that we could schedule maintenance at our cost. Under 1 yr old and it now has rust on every panel, the ice maker went out and the filter has to be changed OFTEN for the water to work. Will never purchase a WP product again. I can't believe the company handled this so poorly after purchasing washer, dryer, dishwasher (went out at 1 yr old) stove, microwave and fridge.
on August 2, 2013
I love this refridgerator. I really wanted to give it 5 stars, but some minor issues forced me to give it 4 stars.

It looks beautiful and was very easy to install. Like most stainless steel(SS) refridgerators, only the front is SS. The sides are gray. Have you ever noticed most people don't have magnets on their SS appliances? I learned the hard way that magnets easily scratch the surface.

My favorite part of the fridge is the filtered water. The water and ice cubes taste great! Ice cubes in my last fridge had a funny taste. I have replaced the filter once, when the built in indicator told me to, and it was very easy to access inside the top right of the fridge. This brings me to my first complaint. After replacing the filter, the water dispenser started making a slight screaching noise when dispensing water. Fortunately, it went away after about a month. Perhaps it was a little air in the line.

My second complaint is a bigger deal. The handle on the bottom freezer has come off into my hand at least 5 times. I tried firmly clicking it into place with a good amount of force when replacing it, but it still came off. I took the handle locking mechanisms apart and switched it with the mechanisms from one of the french door handles. The french door handle is secured by pushing down, so I figured this door would be hard to pull off, even if the locking system was not working perfectly. I have had no problems with either door since making the switch.

My last fridge had one big door and was located in a high traffic area. The french drawers of this fridge do not block the passage from my kitchen to my family room like my previous fridge. Also, I wasn't sure if I would like the middle drawer, but have found vegetables in this drawer last longer then my previous fridge's vegetable containers. My previous fridge did not have the water and ice dispenser. I find myself drinking a lot more water since the dispenser is so easy to use and the water tastes so good.

I highly recommend this fridge and really wanted to give it 5 stars. The handle flying off in my hand and the minor problems with the water dispenser forced me to mark it down. If I didn't have to come up with my own fix for the handle, I would of given it 5 stars.
on March 18, 2015
Probably the worst refrigerator I have ever owned. Within a month I noticed rust on doors called to have them looked at and they were replaced. Not once, not twice, but three times. Then a year later ice maker stps working. Good thing I purchased the extended service contract. Had to have that replaced. Well it's been 6 months and guess what ? Yep, another problem. Ice maker is not working. What a piece of junk!
on August 3, 2014
Filters are a total ripoff.

The water filter needs replacement way too often, and is ridiculously overpriced, and can be hard to find. Otherwise, I would give it 4 stars. Lost one star for a leak that required a service call. The tech showed me it was a design defect, and he knew the fix.

Absent those two complaints, we like it a lot. Just hope it lasts.
on March 6, 2016
Today, we had to empty out our entire three-year-old VERY expensive refrigerator (THIS ONE) because it died while we were away for the weekend. It has been nothing but trouble since we bought it. The ice maker was fixed a couple of times before it finally had to be replaced. The door shelves have all broken because they fall off so easily. The door handles come off if you walk by too close and happen to nudge them. And now, it has died completely, costing us literally hundreds of dollars in spoiled food. After buying several Whirlpool appliances over the years, never again. "Garbage" doesn't begin to cover it.
on July 16, 2013
15 July: We bought this fridge a week ago. We went with whirlpool because the rest of the appliances in the kitchen were whirlpool and we wanted the silver to match. The first thing we noticed the next morning was the excessive condensation that built up and was dripping into the vegetable below. We thought it may have been because the inside of the fridge was warm, so we whipped it off. But sure enough, it was back the next day- and again the next day. Then the water didn't work- although it worked at the time of install. And the ice maker doesn't push out any ice.

We bought this from BestBuy. The tech wasn't able to come look at for 5 days. I'll update in the next few days after the tech takes a look at it.

17 July - easy fixes all around. When the installer pushed the fridge back in place, he pinched the water house. The condensation was because of the humidity in the house. There's heaters in the door to prevent this, however it's shipped in 'energy saving' mode. The repairman showed me how to turn it on, no more condensation around the seal of the door. It was a good experience.