|Print List Price:||$12.99|
|Kindle Price:|| $5.99 |
Save $7.00 (54%)
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
Whiskey Kisses (3:AM Kisses Book 4) Kindle Edition
Holt doesn't believe in fairy tales. Izzy doesn't think happily ever after exists. They're about to discover they're wrong of course. The mercury is rising in Hollow Brook and things are about to get explosive.
From NEW YORK TIMES bestseller Addison Moore comes another heartfelt, hilarious love story.
Izzy Sawyer has always been the it girl. She believes she's the last person on earth who deserves a happily ever after. Holt Edwards has always been the player that women voluntarily fall for.
***CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE***
Whiskey Kisses (3:AM Kisses 4) Romantic Comedy First base never felt so good!
From the NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY bestselling author, Addison Moore...Cosmopolitan Magazine calls Addison's books...easy, frothy fun!
***3:AM Kisses - The USA Today Bestseller!***
When it comes to love, Holt doesn't believe in fairytale endings.Once Izzy dives back into the dating pool, Holt is right there, ready and willing to offer tips and tricks to get her through an entire army of blind dates--starting with a bone-melting demonstration on how to deliver mouthwatering kisses.
One thing leads to whiskey and Izzy is starting to think happily ever after doesn't seem like such a bad idea. Holt is starting to rethink his stance on fairytale endings.But Izzy has a secret that has turned her world upside down. Holt has a secret of his own that cost him far more than he ever bargained for.
Sometimes life doesn't give you the happily ever after. Sometimes it's best to leave fairytale endings on the bookshelf where they belong.Izzy can't stop thinking about Holt.Holt can't seem to quit his favorite new addiction--Izzy.
The mercury is rising--secrets are percolating--and their lust for one another is just about to detonate.
Izzy needs just one more hit of Holt and his late night Whiskey kisses, but deep down she knows that will never be enough. She wants all of him--every bone-melting kiss he has to offer.
Izzy wants Holt.
Holt worships Izzy.
Summer in Hollow Brook just heated up.
Sparks are flying.
Together Izzy and Holt are unstoppably electric.
Original publication date May 12, 2014
From the Author
- "GREAT LOVE STORY!!!! What a TWIST!"--K Dicken
- "This is an AMAZING SERIES by Addison Moore. She has without a doubt become one of my favorite authors. She writes multiple genres and always keeps me wanting more. Even when there are currently many books to a series. Each book is tied together by the setting and characters. So even after one story is finished, you will most likely see the main characters again. The best part about this series is they can be read as standalones! That means ... no cliff hangers! Yay! Honestly just go out and purchase the book. It is well worth it and you will thoroughly enjoy it!" --Book Crazy Lady
- "Had me from page one. COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!!!" --J. Williams
- "FELL IN LOVE WITH ADDISON MOORE!!! So damn FUNNY. Fan for life!!!!"--Kindle Customer
- "This has such a great story with romance and funny lines. I literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD!!!" --A. L.
- "Totally had character withdrawals when I finished this book!! I NEED MORE!!!! I need to know what happened next!!" --C. Cosentino
- "BEST BOOK I'VE EVER READ. This book is absolutely amazing! I love the way the characters were made. They don't second guess themselves much like some authors like to portray. But its a simple love story with a little drama and a twist that's to die for!"-- Zoe
- "AMAZING!!!!I loved it. It made me feel like I was actually seeing what was happening..." --Amazon Customer
- "I enjoyed this book. It was a PAGE TURNER and I look forward to reading more of this series and her other books." --H. Melton
- "This book was an AMAZING READ! It hooked me right from the beginning and I still refuse to let go. It had everything I want in a book and it had all my emotions coming out of me which is an amazing thing. Addison is a very TALENTED WRITER who can entrance you and make you feel as if you are the main character of her books. Well job Addison, you wrote another great book!" --Lydia G.
- "HYSTERICALLY ROMANTIC!!! I absolutely LOVED THE STORY, the characters, and the humor. I love when an author writes how I think and Addison Moore nailed that s*** to the wall! Fun read. If you enjoy romantic stories with humor woven through, this read will do the trick." --S. Sheppard
- "This story was AMAZING!!! I really connected with the characters. I found myself laughing and yelling at myself while reading this book. Definitely would recommended to anyone interested in a HEART FELT love story." --M. GONZALEZ
- "FIVE STARS!!!! Loved this book was a SWEET and FUNNY book that created butterflies. Moore definitely nailed it." --M. MP
- "ROMANTIC and ADORABLE!!! Modern day romance that I just COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN!!! It had adorable, relatable characters that you could connect with." --Amazon Customer
- "CRAZY READ!!! I laughed so much in this book and some times so hard I could barely see to read."--K.H
- "I REALLY ENJOYED THIS BOOK!!! It had everything. ROMANCE, MYSTERY and JUST LOVED IT! Was difficult to put it down."--P. Engel
- "It had PERFECT HUMOR!!! I could picture this book in a movie. It KEEPS YOU LAUGHING and a very SWEET ROMANTIC STORY!!! I will continue to read rest of the series."--Jane J.
- "COMEDY and ROMANCE...what could be better? I LOOOOOVED THIS BOOK!!!! It has thePERFECT BALANCE OF ROMANCE and COMEDY!!! I was, literally, crying from laughing at some parts! The story was ADDICTING and I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this! The story flows and the characters are so relatable. The comedy lightens a rather intense romance, but doesn't take away from the drama. This book has everything I want in a GOOD READ!!!!! --Romance Addict
- "I will read anything she writes. The tone, the characters, the dialogue - all of it is just spot on. No complaints, no criticism. She just writes great books. Period." --J.K. Trask
- "As always Addison Moore delivers an amazing book, that will have you wrapped up in the story until the very end. " --Tantalizing Reviews
- "Amazing...read it and then the rest of the kisses series...now I'm reading them all again. Sexy, erotic, exciting, stayed up all night reading couldn't put it down kind of yummy!!!" -- Amazon review
- ASIN : B01IUQDWIW
- Publisher : Hollis Thatcher Press, Ltd. (July 20, 2016)
- Publication date : July 20, 2016
- Language : English
- File size : 1630 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 302 pages
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #520,275 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've read all of the books in the "Kisses" series so far so I was looking forward to this one. Unfortunately it doesn't quite live up to the others. Holt and Izzy don't ooze the chemistry of Bryson and Baya or the witty banter like Ryder and Laney (aside from a few brief moments preceding their love scenes).
Izzy's character is largely part of the problem. She has an unhealthy relationship with both of her parents--enabling her mother's trashy behaviors and idolizing a father who walked out on them. This leaves her unnecessarily guilting herself into a lifestyle that denies her own happiness. It is also hard to believe a 27 year old woman who runs a dance studio and was a former popular cheerleader in high school has such limited romantic/sexual experiences (never even slow danced with a boy, etc.) Of course there is the whole drawn out reveal of what happened "that night," the night of her "eighteenth birthday." Honestly, I thought if I heard those phrases on more time I'd scream. You could make a drinking game out of it. Take a shot of whiskey every time Izzy or Holt alludes to the big mystery.
Holt has his issues too, but they aren't quite so overbearing on the story. There is far more angst and less humor in this one than the others. There are some funny scenes, however. Holt's late night arrival at Izzy's mom's house was funny, and Izzy's blind date with the podiatrist was laugh out loud. But it would have made more sense (characterization wise) if it was her mom setting her up than Laney. Speaking of the supporting cast from the previous books, they felt like caricatures of themselves. Laney and Bryson, at times, come off out of touch with their siblings, sometimes to the point of being pretentious and demeaning, and that is certainly not how they've been characterized in previous books where they were very likable. Laney, particularly, was hard to like in this book even though I liked her in the other books. Newly introduced character like the parents seems to flip flop personality wise. In one scene (all be it a funnier scene) Holt's dad is a total jerk about love and life. Later he calmly accepts responsibility for his past indiscretions. Izzy's mom hints at distain for Holt in the beginning; then later makes him feel at home. Nothing happens in between these incidents that would explain the characters' change/enlightenment.
On the positive side, there is no cheating; no sexcapades between the main pair and other partners; and there is a HEA.
All in all, if you haven't read the other "Kisses" books, definitely start there. This one is not the best representation of the series.
Holt has had a crush on Izzy for as long as he can remember. He's 5 years younger than her but is convinced that they are meant to be. He finally gets his chance when he offers to help Izzy learn how to date and to get comfortable with men. His goal is to get her to see beyond the 5 years and figure out that they're perfect together.
Both Izzy and Holt have events in their past that have defined them, so much so that they're stalled in life. Can they work them out together?
The main problem for me? Not that everything was resolved in the end but that it was done so neatly. I think more discussion, especially between Izzy and her sister, would have gone a long way to explain their dynamic. I'm still in for this series and look forward to knowing more about Annie.
And I'll be the first to admit I was an idiot. I thoroughly enjoyed this romance.
I liked the older woman/younger man concept.
I liked the idea that she was completely closed off to relationships of any kind, yet he was able to break through those walls and barriers.
I like that despite the crap that happened in their past, they were able to move past that and find love.
And that's the important thing here. They found love when neither thought themselves worthy.
*I listened to the audio of this book and loved every second of it. The narrators did a great job.
Honestly just go out and purchase the book. It is well worth it and you will thoroughly enjoy it!
Top reviews from other countries
This is my first Addison Moore book and I haven't read the other books in this series.
I really enjoyed reading this and it was quite a quick read. However, I did have a few issues with it that stopped me from rating it higher.
Izzy is a like-able MC and I really felt for her the whole way throughout the story. All she has ever tried to do is abide by her father's last wish - to make sure her mom isn't alone, her sister is looked after, and to write to him. I had a feeling that her father would reappear at some point. One of the sweetest parts of this book were the letters that Izzy wrote to her Dad - these parts were exceptionally well written.
Holt is smoking hot and also a really nice guy. Quite mature for 22, except for his actions at the end of the book which were uncharacteristically immature and also not relevant to the plot. Overall, I really loved him though and one can't help but fall for him, particularly when he is so protective of Izzy.
There was some very witty dialogue between Holt and Izzy, and Izzy and her mom. But in other parts I felt the dialogue was cringe-worthy, cheesy and very unnatural. A little inconsistent.
Izzy's mom and sister were extremely irritating characters and so selfish, particularly Laney. I really didn't like her at all. Holt's dad is a prize jerk, yet in the emotional reveal at the end he seems to have developed into the persona of what a man his age should be - but it wasn't in keeping with how he acted in the rest of the story.
Izzy has been struggling to deal with the aftermath of a hugely traumatic experience and consequently she has shut herself off to love and relationships. I felt the author handled this very well, and I could feel Izzy's pain. However, when Izzy and Holt finally get it on she had no doubts and appeared overly confident for someone who was supposed to be a troubled virgin. In reality, I think she would have been way more apprehensive.
There is a plot-line around the fact that Izzy is 5 years older than Holt and there are a few scenes where she worries about this and one scene where others petty prejudices come to the fore. I'm not sure that it's as current or relevant nowadays but I could relate to Izzy's sentiments as I met my husband when he was 21 and I was 26 and I initially turned him down because I felt he was too young, and I worried what others would think. However, that was sixteen years ago, and I thought it was more acceptable nowadays? So not sure in current times how big of a deal it would actually be.
The ending was too neatly wrapped up to be believable, and I was incredulous for the most part. But it didn't dent my overall enjoyment of this book. I will definitely check out more of this authors work. However, I've no interest in reading about Lainey and Ryder or Cole and Roxy so I will probably check out Bryson and Baya's book.
I'd like to thank Addison Moore for running a free promo on this book which allowed me to pick up a complimentary copy.
Big secrets that are lame from two weak characters that are always crying.
Not for me