Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Whiskey & Lace
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 11, 2013
I've been waiting for more from Krystal Keith ever since her turn with father Toby on "Mockingbird". I immediately took to her as a throwback star in the making (more Tanya Tucker than Carrie Underwood, in other words). It took some time...but the results are worth the wait. "Whiskey & Lace" runs the gamut from heartbreakingly beautiful ("Daddy Dance With Me", "Beautiful Weakness", to the sassy and fun ("Him and This Tattoo", "What Did You Think I'd Do"), and all the songs showcase Ms. Keith's terrific, potent voice. The gospel-tinged "Down Into Muddy Water" is dynamic and infectious.

I have been listening to this CD nonstop all morning long, and it's proving a great way to power through the work day. Whether you are a fan of Toby or not, Krystal is a genuine talent in her own right!
on July 2, 2014
Awesome first CD from Kystal Keith. I bought it mainly because she's Toby Keith's daughter and I was curious about her voice and music. I was not disappointed in the least bit. It is a very good and fun CD. She has a wide variety of songs, not all about honky tonks. Go ahead and give it a listen, you'll be pleasantly surprised!
on January 23, 2014
This is one of the best cd's I have purchased. I have purchased 3 so far and given 2 as gifts. I have listened to it so many time I am going to have to buy another one for myself. She is a gift to the music world. I'm so glad her Dad is on the cd also. I have all of his cds. How wonderfully proud they must be of her.
A Fan of the Keith's !
on December 24, 2013
With "Whiskey & Lace," newcomer country vocalist Krystal Keith makes a very strong debut with 10 killer tracks, most of whom could be potential hits. Although a country album, the range of songs is broad, going from country to rock to blues (or a mixture of all three styles) to straight ballads, so this album should appeal to a broad range of tastes.

As the daughter of one of the genre's biggest stars, she might start out in the shadow of her dad Toby Keith, who co-produced the album, but with this record she shows enough promise as a singer (and writer: she wrote or co-wrote three of the songs) to firmly stand on her own two feet as an artist.

Especially the catchy opener "Doin' It" will immediately grab your attention and is a tune that will stay in your head. Showing her versatility and a considerable dynamic range, she moves effortlessly from the tender vocals appropriate to a ballad like "Beautiful Weakness" to a powerful voice well-suited for the blues/rock in songs like "Down In Muddy Waters" and "Whiskey And Lace".

There's not a weak song among the lot, but my personal favorites of this eclectic album are her moving ballad "Daddy Dance With Me" (which she co-wrote for her wedding day as a tribute to her father) as well as the bluesy "Him And His Tattoo" and of course the fun "Doin' It" which makes you long for the summertime. Any quibbles? Yes: just wishing there were more than 10 tracks! (o: Can't wait to find you how she'll develop as a singer/songwriter in the future!
on January 23, 2014
Krystal Keith is an excellent country artist. And her new album Whiskey & lace is excellent too. I bought it on amazon.com. Some of the songs on it are: Doin' it, can't buy you with money, and daddy dance with me, etc.
on January 8, 2014
Kudos to a new country star - Krystal Keith - on her debut CD! Really like that she has written or co-written some of these songs. Covers some written by her Dad, Toby Keith. (He even does back-up vocals on "Beautiful Weakness" - my fav song on this album!) Krystal shows great range, vocals, enthusiasm & professionalism in this work of hers. Really look forward to seeing her IN CONCERT & for more music from her along the way.
on May 11, 2014
I love this CD. I am a BIG fan of Toby, I knew he help Krystal out a lot on this CD including writing some of the songs. I knew she had also written some of the music and that made me curious. I really enjoy musicians who write there own music, I think it shows who they are.
on February 14, 2014
This is a super cd, start to finish. I loved the whiskey and lace song as well as several others. Krystal has a great future in this business and if you like solid country rock, this is an enjoyable cd,
on January 11, 2014
I loved the different styles and vocal ranges in this album. Krystal has a amazing voice! There is a song for your every mood on this album. I play it all the time and am already looking forward to her next release. Buy it!
on March 16, 2014
Mujch to my surprise this is very good. This girl can make it on her own but it is a good thing for her who her daddy is because unlike todays country music this is really good stuff and therefore she wont make it. It has to suck in order to be a hit these days