Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 175 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 186 reviews
on October 29, 2017
Sunctikn cups would not stay
on October 1, 2017
do not waste your money
on September 24, 2017
Not very effective.
on September 16, 2017
I can't set the VG2 to turn ON due to the DARK button is not working only the QUIET button is working with is to set the VG2 OFF... MENU button is working sometimes but most of the time is not working...

In detection it is okay it can detect X, K, Ka, and Lazer..

The downside of it is the quality... because I can't set the VG2 then the police can trace me...
review image review image review image review image
on August 29, 2017
After installation I headed to the grocery, the Ka band was caught about 1/2 mile away from a roadside Country Sheriff. I'm sure I'll pick up the Troopers laser as its used quite frequently in the state roads.
For such a small cost this pays off pretty quick. Voice notification, panel dimmer, 360° protection and easy to navigate settings and the brand name were a draw.
I've had Valentine, Cobra, BEL and other brands, but in my experience always got the best deal with Whistler.
Good purchase, thank you.
review image review image
on August 17, 2017
I got this as my first (proper; not Chinese mystery meat electronic) detector. I have a blank MVR, which is important because I'm a paramedic, and it's not easy to get a job in EMS if you have moving violations on your driving record. So, even though I'm a safe driver, I'd rather not be caught off guard, since out local PD just -loves- speed traps.

Pros:
- Voice-alert: I *really* like this option, because it tells me what band it detects, rather than having me to try and differentiate the different sounds it makes. It lets me determine right away whether the signal is legit (local PD only uses Ka and Laser) or something else (Speed detector, red-light cams use K band here)
- Alert Periscopes, It's really just aesthetic but I do like them.
- VG-2 protection, even though you really only need this in 2 states, it's still nice to have it as an option.
- Auto-quiet: Silence a specific band for 30 seconds, great for shutting up the blind-side detector alerts.
- POST: Power-On Self-Test, it's great because it cycles through all the bands so you have an idea what each alert sounds like, as well as know if the system is working.
- Pop mode

Cons:
- False positives: This is the biggest issue I have. I get tons of false K-band alerts 90% from my blind-side detector, and 10% from automatic doors. (again,not an issue since PD don't use K-band here)
- mediocre range: The range could definitely be better especially with rear-detection.

Other thoughts:
I really wish there was a way to disable specific bands, specifically K-band. City mode disables X-band detection, however, nobody uses X-band; old automatic doors at stores and banks used to be on X band, but the newer ones (made within the last 15 years or so) now use K-band. I also kind of wish there was an alert light for Laser, there is room for one next to the "V" bulb for Laser ("L") because when you get hit by a laser, it takes up the space on the LCD which would normally show you signal strength, so you can't really tell how far away the laser is.
on August 15, 2017
Doesn't detect right away... cop was in front of me for 1 mile and it never recognized
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 13, 2017
works pretty good for a low priced Radar Detector.
on July 24, 2017
Great vice commands and sounds. My previous radar detector was a whistler from the 1980. Cost five times as much and lasted 30 years. Why would I switch. Great product
on July 18, 2017
Pick up too much false stuffs