White iPhone 3GS Digitizer Assembly Repair Kit Pre-installed
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Perfect replacement parts or conversion to white assembly.
- Look and touch function will work as good as when you first got your device.
- Best quality replacement parts pre-installed.
- White touch screen digitizer + Home Button + Frame + Ear Speaker
- This part is compatible with the iPhone 3GS ONLY!
Customers also shopped for
Full Complete top front glass touch screen panel repair / replacement Kit : including are all parts pre-installed assembly kit including the top glass with digitizer / touch screen function, ear speaker part with flex cable, top plastic home button and bottom home button pad sensor with flex cable, all parts pre-installed on the frame. Compatible : Apple iPhone 3GS 16gb or 32gb (will NOT compatible with iPhone 3G or first generation iPhone 2g). Please make sure this is the part that you need for your repair before placing your order.
Top Customer Reviews
However... I decided first buy the glass with digitizer without the home button and speaker. BIG MISTAKE!!! I followed the directions from the YouTube video where a guy was using a heat gun to loosen the glue off of the iPhone frame. I ended up warping my iPhone button and screwing up the speaker because he states "use the heat gun for 2-3 minutes on the glass". DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS! I was very careful using the heat gun and didn't get near the home button or speaker, but the heat damaged it anyway.
So... 2nd time around I decided buy the iPhone 3GS glass/digitizer/home button/speaker pre-assembled. This literally saves you like 10 steps. You still need to take your iPhone apart and remove the LCD from the frame. This was no problem at all. Once you have the LCD removed you can easily put it in your new pre-assembled frame with the glass/home button/speaker. If you are new to this it should take you less than 30 minutes.
It is very well made. The home button works great. The speaker is nice and clear. The phone LCD turns off once you put your ear next to it when making phone calls. To top it all off, it looks SWEET since it is white!!! PERFECT.
The product itself is very well made, it came well-packaged, with all parts included and pre-installed like it was supposed to. A screen protector and cloth to clean my new screen with were also included in the package, a nice touch! :)
However, upon installing this product to my phone, the main ear speaker does not work. Which I've heard to be a common issue. I had a co-worker with extensive IT knowledge install it for me, so I know he did not miss any steps.
The issue I have (and why this is only 3 stars currently), is because for a company that boasts wanting to provide wonderful customer service: "PLEASE DO NOT: Leave a negative feedback prior to contacting us!...leave us a positive feedback and 5 star rating." has been very lax, when I've tried to contact them. I sent them an initial email, to which I got a response very promptly. But after responding to them, I have yet to hear back (that was on the 8th of August).
Hopefully I will have this resolved soon.
A few other things:
- It didn't come with instructions, so watch some videos and do some research beforehand.
- There's 2 connectors on the glass, and one that stays as part of the LCD. The mistake I made was that when I disassembled my iPhone, I saw 3 connectors. When I only saw 2 connectors on the new screen, I thought I was sent the wrong product. But after I dissasembled it, I realized that the 3rd connector stays with the LCD.
- Their customer service responded promptly when I questioned the connector issue. Thanks mucho!
- There were 3 different stickers covering the speaker. For those having issues with the speaker, look closely for those clear protective stickers.
- I had a jeweler's set of screwdrivers. worked well, though some of those plastic tools to remove and reinstall the connectors would have been nice.
- all of the screws on the iPhone are really really really tiny. Be careful when handling them.
Although I loved the white plate and the plastic-y feel there were two bad factors. The faulty connector and this weird line all the way around the edge of the screen. It's hard to describe but it looked kind of like a layer of film that you were supposed to peel off. Which I tried to do for a good bit of time before I realized it was a weird layer sandwiched in the middle of the plastic screen that was permanently there. It didn't really obscure anything but it was a bit distracting.
Overall, If you want it, GET IT! It's awesome!