Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 17 reviews
on May 11, 2014
I keep thinkin' I need to check out the rest of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal - I love Iron Maiden, and enjoy Def Leppard - but, whenever I check stuff out, I feel like maybe a lot of that stuff never made it big for a reason; whereas Maiden takes the most metal of Priest and kicks it up a notch, most other metal circa 1980 is more in the "rock" side of things. Since Diamond Head is this big Metallica influence, I figured maybe they had a little more metal clout. Not really - "Am I Evil" has a nice heavy sound that takes 70s Sabbath a little forward, but much of the album still leans a bit towards 70s hard rock/metal (although more metal than many of their contemporaries). The singing definitely reminds me of a mix between Robert Plant and "Kill 'Em All" James Hetfield, the guitar is a mix of Sabbath, Zep, Purple riffage - maybe a little more modern, but it doesn't quite have the intensity of Maiden stuff like "Phantom of the Opera" or "Transylvania" (some of that may be the mix, here) The bonus tracks (almost half the disc) are even more 70s hard-rock leaning than the main album. Overall, I enjoy it, but I'm not blown away. So, if you want some underground metal from 1980, this is cool stuff, just don't expect it to be cutting-edge 80s metal.
on April 11, 2015
I'm very happy with this particular reissue of Diamond Head's 100% vital, classic, must have first album. You get the entire debut plus a handful of cuts off ep's and singles the band did during that era on one CD. The band's sound represents a leap in the genre from what came before (Sabbath, Zeppelin, Deep Purple) towards what it became (thrash, death, and black metal). I mean THIS is the band that a young Metallica basically wanted to be! All hails to Diamond Head!
on February 18, 2014
The mighty Diamond Head needs no introduction. This White Album/Lightning To The Nations is the best edition i've seen in a long time, even better than the not so great "Deluxe" version. This is a must have for any heavy metal collector.
on May 9, 2013
I'VE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT THIS ALBUM SINCE COLLECTING METAL THAT I HAD TO FINALLY BUY IT. I LOVED IT!
VERY COOL RIFFS AND THE SONGS EVERYBODY WHO LIKES METALLICA SHOULD LOVE! I SHOULDN 'T HAVE WAITED THAT LONG TO GET THIS , BUT I 'M GLAD I FINALLY GOT IT!
on September 19, 2013
This came the original tracks plus other songs some of them are good. This is something I would recommand to any body looking to purchase Diamond Head's debut album.
on March 6, 2014
One of the best albums ever. This is the original does not get any better. Raw and not remixed the way it should be.
on February 2, 2014
It was great old school hard rocking NWOBHM. Metallica may have covered them but they have nothing on the original version.
on January 13, 2015
If you're a metalhead over 30 (or like metal from that generation) get this. Trust me. All the other Diamond Head albums suck, but get this, the first one!!
on April 15, 2015
I like it.Good 80's metal.
on March 24, 2013
thrash pioneers... how did I miss this in highschool ('80's) ...Harris from "Iron maiden" fame_7 tracks + 7 bonus tracks on my cd.