Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

White Christmas
Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 2, 2016
Overall, this is a good album. The songs are well arranged, the singing good.

I had heard her singing O Holy Night on the radio--acapella at first that moved into musical accompaniment. I was really taken with it and ordered this cd thinking that was the version on it. It wasn't. The version on this album is full music accompaniment and no acapella. I did some research and found the version I liked best was available on two old and out-of-print cd's: Mother & Child (from 1995, a nice collection that is not totally country) and Country Christmas (1997, originally sold only at Target). Both are available on Amazon from Amazon vendors and shipped immediately.

As I said, I like the White Christmas album and play it, but I much prefer the acapella-orchestral version of O Holy Night on the earlier albums.
on February 8, 2017
We love this album we prefer the classic style. This rates well next to our Nat KING Cole, Perry Cuomo, Amy Grant, Elvis Presley, Andy Williams, and Anne Murray.
on January 22, 2016
Who better to sing a bunch of Christmas classics than Martina McBride? Her voice is clear as a bell, from the quietest passages to the most powerful. All of the songs were done very well, but when she puts her voice behind "Oh, Holy Night" she excels, bringing the full power of her voice to bear. With few attempts to make the song fancy, she serves it almost straight up, and just perfectly. I'm listening to it now, and I'm almost in tears.
on November 3, 2007
Martina's voice is like no other today in music-- all of the songs on here are beautiful and fun!!!! Her newest additions: Hark the Herald Angels Sing- gorgeous!! The orchestra has a beautiful arrangement and w. Martina's voice you can not go wrong!!! Jingle Bells-for those who have seen "A Christmas Story" with Ralphie and his BB gun- this song could have been part of this movie!!! LOL This song is so funny!!!! Winter Wonderland- awesome rendition- Martina just knows her Christmas songs. Finally Baby, Its Cold Outside- this is the sweetest and coolest song. I was not much a 50's music fan as that is not my generation but this verison of Dean Martin's song ROCKS!!! Martina sounds so cute and innocent and just adds flavor to this song. As for the other songs- NO ONE can sing O Holy Nite or What Child is This like Martina- the notes this girl can hit are unbelievable. Do You Hear What I Hear and Silent Night are sung so softly with such tenderness. Let it Snow is just a fun fun song. I'll Be Home for Christmas-just a sad song in general especially in these times w. our troops not home for the holidays-beautiful version. All of Martina's other songs- Silver Bells (great arrangement and singing), White Christmas- gorgeous; Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, and others are very sweet. This album is very much worth buying if you love Christmas music. Martina never disappoints on any albums and continues this streak with WC.
All these songs have been recorded many times before by many different singers. However, Martina has such a wonderful voice that I forgive her for not including any original material.

From the opening strains of Do you hear what I hear?, the least-covered song here, it is obvious that this is a high-quality album from a singer who is inspired by these songs. Best of the lot is O holy night - although I've heard many covers of it, I regard Martina's as the ultimate performance of this song.

There is a huge market for Christmas albums full of familiar songs and Martina knew it when she chose these songs. If you are looking for such an album in an easy listening style, they don't come any better than this.

Note that in 2007, a new edition of this album was released containing all these 12 tracks plus four more. This version of the album remains available (at least for the time being) at a lower price than the 2007 version.
on December 29, 2015
Beautiful and talented, Martina McBride delivers a very nice Christmas album. The songs have a Nashville feel and occasional country twang to them, but this is a collection of traditional Christmas carols delivered with a traditional feel.

Really nice!
on April 9, 2007
Now, just because Martina McBride sings country music doesn't mean this cd is in any way country - It's not. It's a great classic Christmas cd with all the classic Christmas songs! Martina sounds amazing on classic songs such as "Do you hear what I hear", "Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow", as well as "Away In A Manger". My personal favourite though is "Silent Night" - one of my favourite Christmas songs, and Martina makes it sound like a beautiful lullaby. A great cd to listen to by the fire while wrapping presents!

Choice Tracks:

Away In A Manger

White Christmas

Silent Night
on December 23, 2013
This album contains all the standard Christmas songs and is a good album. I am somewhat dissatisfied with the performance of the artist due to the modern day presentation of vocals....vocal musicians have drifted into a standard of what I call "Screaming"...seems they consider it an art to over amplify a note and see how long they can hold it. This album has a few songs where this practice occurs.
on January 3, 2017
Circus like music should never be included in Christmas music. It completely ruined the CD for me. I will likely re-burn it without the awful cuts.
on December 23, 2003
If I could give this CD more than 5 stars I would. For years I've been looking for a CD that would play the best Christmas music in a way that preserves the original beauty of the songs. This CD finally does it. Too often a recording artist will change the melodies, add different rythms, or bend the original songs around his/her own style. In the end the resulting song is ruined by this messing around. Martina McBride simply sings the songs the way they were originally meant to be heard, and she does it with a beautiful style of her own which doesn't infringe on the writers original music. After hearing the CD I bought one for each of my family and friends for Christmas.