The dialogue is balanced and precise, theatmospheric writing superb." -J. Bryden Lloyd
From the Author
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I had fun reading this, but it's the kind of book you wouldn't bother to recommend to a friend. These kind of books are a dime a dozen, which means there worthwhile if you in the mood for a fun quick read. This kind of book is forgettable, by the end of the year you will have probably have forgotten about it altogether. I might read another by this author, but with so money books of this kind out there, I think I'll move on, and see if there is something even better.
The Project...a clandestine agency that networks with the alphabet agencies, but answers directly to the President. A very wealthy financier tortured and murdered, his money electronically transferred to accounts linked to a Chinese General. An ancient book that lays out the secret to immortality. Nick Carter, former Recon Marine and current Project operative, assigned to the niece of the murdered billionaire. His job, to keep her safe while they search for the missing book. A job made more difficult by the men who have been sent to capture and torture her. But why?
When attempts are made by armed Chinese to abduct Selena, the stakes suddenly get higher, and Nick finds himself at the epicenter of a plot that could lead to war with China.
White Jade by Alex Lukeman is a riveting thriller of international intrigue and violence that will keep you turning pages until the chilling climax. This story of unbridled lust for power will also keep you awake long after you’ve finished reading it.
In this fast-paced novel, you are catapulted from San Francisco to Washington, D.C., Beijing, and Tibet, following an ever-expanding plot that hints at the ancient Chinese book's elixir for immortality, the secret recipe of which could transform permanently the modern world. Getting inside the heads of the bad guys as well as good, along with the brilliant mind of Selena and the cloistered and classified world of Director Elizabeth Harker, along with the twists and turns of the plot keeps you reading--indeed, I read it to my husband on a long trip south this winter.
I generally do not like reading a part of a series, as having one part usually leaves you hanging assuming the book is a real page-turner. This book was received, however, in an Amazon Bookbub promotion and definitely now leaves me wanting more! Complicated and intelligent without being convoluted beyond understanding, enough of a challenge to keep you on the edge, the story line never drags or contradicts itself. Can be read as a stand-alone book, but with characters this fascinating, plot this thrilling, and choreographed scenes with this depth of description, why would you?
Most recent customer reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Men's Adventure
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Espionage
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Men's Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Espionage