Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 78 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 134 reviews
on January 2, 2017
Game is ok, decent story, gameplay is decent, audio could use more work imho, but overall decent game, took my a lot to get my game working from a bad copy i got when i bought it, but now that i played though the game it's decent & worth like 5-10 bucks, so if you can get it for 5-10 dollars, i would say grab the game.
on July 29, 2015
The game is pretty OK. The combat interface is nothing special, nor are your choice in weapons. At the end of the day, you'll play this game using a spear and a shield, just fantasizing about having your own Knight or being the Main Character. Or just plain dreaming of a finished game, because it is no where near complete. That being said, if you're getting this game, don't waste your time, and get White Knight Chronicles 2. It has all of White Knight Chronicles' content, all while expanding upon the already pretty cool story.
on May 4, 2010
White Knight Chronicles is a pretty good game. First you start off creating an avatar, who will be the main characters friend. The battle style of this game is fun if you like customizing. You use skill points to raise a characters ability with certain weapons or magic. You then equip moves and spells to use in battle. The graphics are pretty good for this game, not quite final fantasy 13 graphics. The maps you walk through leave some room for exploration, so its not too terribly linear. The story isn't the strongest thing ever, but White Knight Chronicles is suppose to be a trilogy, so you may be waiting a little while to find out what happens next. The characters are cool, but the development could be better. Given there are two other games in the series I assume they will develop the characters more later. The game also has online capabilities where you and friends can do quests. You play as your avatar online, as well as building your own town. That's all I can really say about that game. I personally suggest buying it if you're a big rpg fan, but if you're just looking to try an rpg I'd just rent it because the main storyline isn't too long. A lot of gameplay comes from completing missions and doing quests. But, I do believe this is a good game.
on February 8, 2010
First let me say I have been waiting for this title since it was released in Japan, several times I considered importing it but with no English subtitles/audio I waited for the "International Release". My expectations of the game might have been a bit high. I was looking for a game that would blend the item crafting and adventuring of the title by Capcom Monster Hunter and SquareEnix's Final Fantasy 12 mixed with the item management of many modern mmorpg's. I researched this game for well over a year and many other made the same comparisons. Needless to say I was very excited when it arrived.

The opening sequence (before pressing start) and character creation had me on cloud nine, of course that all came crashing down as I started playing. My first annoyance comes from the main character Leonard, as while you are trying to do a quest or mission, he wants to throw out one of three constant reminders of his "situation" to the point in which I decided to removed all sound. I should also mention that the lip sync is atrocious at best. I am not a big fan of the medieval celtic music though it wasn't bad at all, though as stated above i didn't listen to it long.

Graphically the game is not bad for show, the environments are excellent for the most part. The character's all carry a distinct anime look (not that it is a bad thing) and a very in depth character creation tool. The crafting/armor/weapon system that i was most excited about was what lead to the demise of this title. The armor nothing short of hideous, the weapons are bland and unimaginative and crafting though challenging at times is a joke in this game.

The online community I found to be full of people (players) willing to help you better yourself in the game. Everyone I played with was a blast and we all wanted the same things, to enjoy the game, level up and get out of the lame gear and getting some bad-ass equips.

Having spent 50+ hours in the title skipping through many cutscene's that involved a story that was very generic and dragged on for no real reason, I can say I put a lot of time in to the "gameplay" feature of the game.

My final verdict is this, I would highly recommend renting the title to at least test the waters before you throw down $60.00. If your looking for something to take you back to the glorious days of Monster Hunter bypass this title and wait for Monster Hunter on the Wii or XBox 360 and If your looking for Playstation 3's next big RPG Final Fantasy 13 is right around the corner.

Gameplay: 3 (out of 5)
The character creation is amazing and the combat was solid though nothing new.

Controls: 3 (out of 5)
The game plays just as expected for any action RPG since the dawn of the genre, but that's not a bad thing.

Graphics: 2 (out of 5)
While not a bad looking game, Armor for the characters is hideous at best and while the anime style suits the game well, It is a tired look.

Sound: 2 (out of 5)
The musical score is catchy but standard for the medievil timeframe but the voice overs are atrocious.

Replay Value: 4 (out of 5)
The online community for this game is very helpful and will really extend the life for many others who play online. The main story though is really a one playthrough event.

Overall Score: 3 (out of 5)

Review Score Information: 1 - Poor, 2 - Below Average, 3 - Average, 4 - Above Average, 5 - Excellent
on December 28, 2014
The game was great, and the seller sent it out fast, however the gripe is with the developers and PSN shutting down White Knight Chronicles servers on both 1 and 2. So if you intend to play multiplayer or are looking for some rpg trophies to shoot for, don't bother with this. However if you enjoy a decent story, fun game play, and a rich anime style fantasy game, then I definitely recommend this.
on September 12, 2015
This is the one series I wish kept going, the story was awesome, the exploration was CRAZY I would spend seems like hours trying to figure out how to get the hell out the dungeon! You really have to check the map and go! Only con was probably a voice acting and its not really a complaint I am saying if there was a con that would probably be it. This game is hugely underrated and should be so much more popular then what it is... cult classic easily.
on June 9, 2017
Love this game it is amazing, the story was very interesting kept me from putting the controller down. Overall I would give this game a 10/10 in my opinion.
on January 4, 2013
I purchased this as a gift for my husband's birthday and ended up also playing it myself. I typically love RPGs especially anything FF or from the "Tales" franchises and I thought I would give this a try. It's entertaining enough I guess. I like how you have access to lots of side quests and guild bounties/quests but I can't say I'm a big fan of the battle system. It feels like I'm constantly "hack/slash/hack/slash" and I wish the HP bar for enemies displayed a number instead of just the crystal depleting over time. The storyline is nothing spectacular and is kind of predictable, but it provided entertainment so it's not all bad.
on November 27, 2013
the plot was horrible. combo was kind of fun. beat it in 20 hoursish.
the transformations reminds me of magical girls of various sorts...though. and story is left unfinished big time, also extremely predictable.
if you are interested i'd recommend by the 2nd one in series, because it will include this game as well for just a few dollars more.
on February 1, 2016
New. Good game. Case came in plastic wrap so was completely untouched.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.