Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 42 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 58 reviews
on May 2, 2017
What I liked: It had humor. It had action. It had little mysteries spread throughout the plot. It had interesting characters (and critters).
For a short book, it didn't seem that short because so much was crammed into it.

What wasn't so great: The characters needed more depth so that I could care what happened to them. The story sometimes seemed to lose cohesion because of all the silliness. The ending seemed rushed.

It was an OK read for me.
on March 24, 2013
Zo White and the Seven Morphs by Barbara Silkstone was an interesting interpretation of the classic fairytale.

COVER DESIGN: A little strange, but it sort of works for the story. Still, it was a little off putting for me. Until I started reading, I was a little nervous about the book, based on the cover. Also, based on the cover, I was not expecting a murder mystery.

WHAT I LIKED: The mystery of the morphs was my favorite part of the book; I did not see that coming in the end. Even though the cover is a little iffy, the title works really well for the story. Between the setting (circus) and the twist on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, the title is appropriate. I also, really enjoyed the references to celebrities- "Lady Gaga in a convent."

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: I would have liked a bit more of a description of the inner workings of the magic mirror.
on August 16, 2012
Some comedic authors try too hard to be funny. With Silkstone, the humor flows effortlessly from her pen. You get the sense she can't even help it! She's just one of those naturally funny authors. Not only that, but she keeps the action moving and the mystery intense in her latest comedy mystery, Zo White and the Seven Morphs. Do you love that title? Well, the book does not disappoint. She has such unique a way of taking a fairy tale and warping it into a modern story, in this case, complete with magic mirror, evil Queen...and an "apple". I always feel like I know her characters, and again this time. Zo White is so easily identifiable. Plus, there's just enough romance tossed in keep it yummy. It's a light read, a fun read... a wonderful escape overall!
on August 2, 2014
I really liked this story. It's a cute little save the world tale with colorful circus morphs. Zo works to save the old motel, save the club, save the turtles and keep her invention out of the hands of the evil woman. I enjoyed how Zo worked and interacted with all her friends. Its funny and a fun adventure with a serious undertone. The characters, assigned colors instead of names, are all memorable. I don't think I'll be forgetting this tale very soon. I really think anyone will like this book.
on April 25, 2013
I have no idea how you can fit so many things into one book and make it work so well. From a silk dancer, to spandex clad performers in the circus, to gangsters, techies, turtle ranch, snake wranglers, a bomb or two, cosmetic tycoons? Whew that a a lot just to write. And of course there is a love interest/maybe 2. The imagination and ability to make it all work is astounding. I laughed and it kept me wanting to know what trouble she was going to get into next. Although I got this on a free day...I think it's worth more then the listed price for the length.
on August 19, 2012
Before you read Zo White and the Seven Morphs, you need to plant your tongue firmly in your cheek and get ready to chuckle your way through this zany murder mystery. I loved sassy Zo White, and the Morphs were fabulous! (I wasn't the least bit surprised to learn that Amazon could help me become a Yellow Morph or a Blue Morph. I love that I can buy almost anything from Amazon.)

Now that I've finished this book, all I have to do is wait for Barbara Silkstone's next novel. I hope she knows what an impatient reader I am!
on November 18, 2013
I swear, I reviewed this a long time ago. Now I have to remember it. Well, this won't be a detailed review. I may edit in the future when I re-read the book. This was a fun read. A little goofy.
on October 31, 2012
Not only did Barbara Silkstone have me at the title, she kept me going throughout the book. I loved it, but then I love quirky characters and strong writing. This book is so funny, and it's so much fun to read. I'm looking forward to reading other books she's written.
on April 6, 2013
This was a quick read. It had my laughing out loud and her characterizations. Her story line is a bit iffy, but for the most part was complete.
on March 17, 2013
These are truly funny books. I love the use of metaphor and simile and the stories are believable. Fairy tales for the adult child hidden within.