Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: White Mountain Puzzles The Games We Played - 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on December 27, 2012
We got this puzzle for a Christmas activity. It only took four of us an afternoon to do, but it was a challenging enough afternoon! We also did the Candy Bars puzzle from White Mountain Puzzle & thought this puzzle was slightly harder, since it had fewer words & more art. All the pieces were well-cut, sturdy, and present. Definitely a good family activity!
on February 2, 2013
I recently purchased this puzle and completed it with my daughter. This puzzle was not that hard and was alot of fun for my 12 year old.It was durable and did not take to long or get boring.We were so proud when we finished it that we glued it toghether and framed it.This is the second White mountain brand puzzle we have done and it is very fun and entertaining.This puzzle and the company which provides it are the best at what they do.Lots of fun.Loved it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 28, 2013
I really enjoyed this puzzle. I love games, and especially classic games. And, I love puzzles, too, so this is a great mix of two of my favorite hobbies.

I really like how this is constructed. It's all wrapped in plastic, so there's no dangerous paper flap to cut open on the bottom of the box with a knife, and the puzzle is sealed inside in another bag, which prevents lost pieces. The pieces are thick and fit together well, and I really like the dark green backing that the pieces have. It looks really cool, and it makes it easy to see which pieces are upside down. The border is a graduated red/yellow, which makes it easy to separate out the edge pieces

Probably the reason I liked the puzzle most was that this puzzle makes you think and talk about fun memories, instead of just getting frustrated, trying to put 200 pieces of identical blue sky together, like some puzzles have.

This was a really fun puzzle to put together.

Pros:
+Extremely high quality construction
+Tons of fun games
+Very fun to put together
+Inspires a lot of enjoyable conversation
+Has just about every game that you can remember from your childhood

Cons:
-Makes you want to spend your next week just playing games

Here's a list of all of the games featured:
*Twister, Roulette, Monopoly, Battleship, Risk, Tiddly Winks, Donkey Party, Uno, H. R. Pufnstuf, Candyland, Old Maid, Chutes And Ladders, Jackson Five, Rail Road, Mouse Trap Game, Mighty Mouse Game, Traffic Jam, Lost in Space, The Game of Life, Bingo, Hi-Ho! Cherry-O, Parcheesi, Twister (again), Operation, Spin the Bottle, Chinese Checkers, regular Checkers, Holly Hobbie: Wishing Well Game, Concentration, Password, Operation (again), MAD, The Dukes of Hazzard, Hands Down, Clue, Happy Days, Sorry!

Notably missing is:
*Chess
on November 5, 2012
Loved this puzzle for all the childhood memories and discussions we had of our favorite games from our past. Pieces fit nicely together and challenging enough for four adults to take an entire evening to put together.
on March 19, 2014
I order and put together numerous puzzles. White Mountain makes the best puzzles because the pieces are cut perfectly and the sizes are reasonable (not to tiny). I highly recommend these puzzles if you are a puzzler....
on March 25, 2015
I like the subject of the puzzle. When I opened it I could tell right off that the graphics were blurry. That was disappointing. As I started to sort pieces I have to pull off excess cardboard that was still attached to some pieces. Then I found two pieces with bent tabs where the graphic layer was pulling apart from the puzzle piece. I put back in box and retired. Not nearly the same quality of Ravensburger or Buffalo Games. I won't buy White Mountain again.
on October 3, 2012
Anyone who grew up in the 60s and loves puzzles will love this!! I had many of these games in my closet when I was growing up and seeing the images of the boxes again was great fun.
on May 10, 2013
Every year for Christmas, I buy a White Mountain puzzle for the family to put together. They are the best ones out there! The pieces fit together perfectly (all different shapes) and the pictures really make it fun for any age. It seems like a lot of detail in the pictures but it is WAY better than a scene where you have a million "blue sky" pieces. The detail of words/letters actually helps in putting the puzzle together - the WHOLE puzzle, not just the part in the middle that people usually start with! I will buy another one next year!
on November 25, 2015
Yet another great puzzle from White Mountain Puzzles. I really like their large pieces, the quality of the images, and how well the pieces fit together. The only downside of 1,000 large pieces is it does take up a lot of space!

In reading other puzzle reviews I noticed a lot of people complain of missing pieces. I've never had that problem, but came really close with this puzzle. After unpacking the puzzle, as I put the bag the pieces came in into the trash I noticed a stray piece was still stuck at the bottom of the bag! So, I can see how easy it might be to lose a piece that way.

Back to the construction... one of the things I particularly like about this puzzle is the variety of distinct color/shape regions. It made it easier to sort like pieces and then later put that part of the puzzle together. As such, I found this to be on the easier side for 1000 piece puzzle, but still quite enjoyable.
review image review image
on February 21, 2013
Very enjoyable puzzle...great quality with thick pieces that were well cut...loved having a border on the edge pieces...will be buying more from this mfr