Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3
asked by Kailua Steve on January 23, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
Fuji released a firmware update (1.03) that they claimed was going to help with the white dot problem in the EXR modes, but not eliminate the problem. In my own tests using normal dynamic range and shooting both RAW and JPEG files in a controlled setting, I found absolutely no difference between firmware 1.01 and 1.03. The orbs are there at ISO 100 and virtually gone by ISO 800. It is likely that no firmware can fix the camera.
Gallery90 answered on February 14, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
A new sensor correcting the white orbs for the X10 and XS1 is due out in June. Not sure if you can send your already purchased ones in for a replacement sensor or not. Also not sure on how you will be able to decipher between the first versions and the ones with the new sensor once they hit the shelves.
En Trance answered on May 9, 2012
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I scored the deal yesterday and have it in hand today. Serial Number 33.......... This tells me that it was produced in 2013, 3rd quarter so it definitely is the new sensor. It doesn't exibit lens droop or unwind. There is a little play in the lens when extended, but not like I saw on Utube videos of the problem. Battery is charging and I'm fired up! Weird about the 1.03, the site has the newest one as 1.01 as of now. I wonder if they went back once they changed the sensor?
Tony B answered on November 15, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was so interested in the baby brother of the x100 until I read about the orb issue. I am actually surprised that Fuji has refused to see that there is a problem not addressed by the offered filmware. For now, until something better than the Lumix LX3 comes out, I will wait.
Mary Dickinson answered on February 25, 2012
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product