Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
White Papers for Dummies Paperback – April 8, 2013
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- Plan, create, and promote effective white papers
- Pick the perfect style of white paper for your next project
- Manage a white paper project with a 12-step process
Discover how to write great white papers, and use them to boost your business!
White papers are a challenging form of content marketing that takes years to master. Luckily, this hands-on, friendly guide gives you a shortcut. Whether you're a marketing manager seeking to use white papers to promote your company, or a writer looking to break into this well-paying field, White Papers For Dummies gives you practical, step-by-step advice on planning, creating, and promoting effective white papers.
- Get started find out what white papers are, who reads them, and whether your company (or client) needs one
- Plan a white paper, fast pinpoint the audience, purpose, topic, key points, and call to action for your white paper
- Master highly effective habits discover how to think like a lawyer, write like a journalist, and promote like a madman to make your white paper a hit
- Tricks of the trade avoid common pitfalls that trap beginners creating their first white papers
- Reach your target audience get a crash course on ways to promote your white paper and get it discovered, read, and shared
Open the book and find:
- Why white papers are called "the king of content"
- The huge opportunity for writers
- Outlines for the three main types of white papers
- More than 40 ways to promote a white paper
- Tips on finding powerful sources
- Ten ways to improve a white paper title
- Advice for white paper designers
- How to use white papers throughout the sales process
About the Author
Gordon Graham — also known as That White Paper Guy — is an award-winning writer who has created more than 200 B2B white papers for clients from New York to Australia. Gordon has written white papers on everything from choosing enterprise software to designing virtual worlds for kids, and for everyone from tiny start-ups to Google.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've been writing B2B marketing collateral for years and this is the first time I've come across a resource that is so thorough in its definition of a white paper. You'll learn the entire process of how to get started, choosing the type of white paper to write, the writing process, the very important (and often overlooked) promotion phase, and finally common problems with a WP and how to solve them.
I am currently refreshing a client's white paper and I have another client who has five that need to be refreshed. This book could not have come at a better time. I now feel confident that I will be able to successfully help position my clients' solutions in the best light possible and help promote their papers so they generate leads.
Bottom line: This book will make you look really, really good and enable you as a B2B copywriter to command the top fees you desire. Thank you, Gordon!
The only complaint I have is that some of the links in the Kindle version don't lead to the right pages on Graham's website. But it's easy to navigate his site and find what you're looking for, so that's hardly an issue.
If you need help writing a white paper, this is the only book you need. I'm so grateful it exists, I actually wrote a review.
I will certainly keep this manual as I continue my academic pursuits and begin my professional pursuits in academia or public policy/legal service. I would recommend this for anyone who needs to gain a clear understanding of the purpose and elements of a White Paper.
I routinely depend on the reviews of others when deciding between purchase options and sellers when making purchases, and I know how important they can be to the average consumer like myself. I always offer my honest, unbiased opinions based upon my actual use of the products for which I submit a review. [...].