Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 639 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 676 reviews
on October 29, 2016
I am really impressed with the quality of these candles. I bought a new clear glass votive candle holder to burn them in and these candles burn very cleanly. I was amazed at how little wax residue was left anywhere inside the holder. The wick pulled up every last drop of wax, so all I had to do was lift out the little metal tab before putting in the next votive. They burn for the full 10 hours, too. I highly recommend these candles.
on January 10, 2014
I timed one of these. I have submitted a customer image for these candles that show what they look like in a votive holder, compared to a pen for size reference. In my customer photo, the candle has been burning for 10 hours, and it's still going strong. I expect I will easily get over 11 hours out of this single candle. If it wasn't in a votive holder, it wouldn't last 10 hours (in my opinion).

These are very good quality candles - the wax burns almost completely so far. There is no soot, no smoke, and no smell. They leave behind no residue and virtually no wax at all in the votive holder after burning out.

I am using the Eastland glass votive holders, a very good price at $11.99 for a dozen on Amazon.

I bought these for emergency preparedness, as a very inexpensive option for having SOME light in our home. We tested a few, and to light a small area, like a table for playing cards or even reading, you need probably 4 of them going at the same time. The votive holders also help cast more light.

Overall, I'm glad I bought them. I'm glad I tested them too, because now I know that I'll need to use several to get any useful light, as well as likely want to use a different light source in a emergency. For me, these are a good last option for light in an emergency situation inside the home. For more light, I'm considering a traditional kerosene lantern.

------- UPDATE -------

When the candle in the votive holder finally burned out, it had gone for 11 hours 48 minutes. Not bad at all. There is no noticeable wax in the bottom of the votive holder. Very efficient and clean candles. Will buy again.
on January 16, 2017
These seem like good quality candles, the burn time seems long as they don't melt very fast and the wick lights easily. I have used votive candles before that liquefy so that they fill the shape of the holder you put them in, which I was hoping for but these don't do that. They make a great candle if you are standing them on a holder that doesn't have a container.
on September 30, 2016
I really appreciate the value for the price. You get 72 candles in the box. They shipped quickly and they came in a nice box within a box to protect the candles. I'm giving them three stars, however, because they DO NOT LAST 10 HOURS. I'm averaging no more than 5 hours per candle. Still, excellent value and I'd purchase again. Just don't expect to get 10 hours out of each candle.
on August 25, 2013
These are a lot shorter than votives I usually buy. They are more like two tea lights stacked on top of each other, which probably explains why a lot of people say they don't last as long as they should. So far they have been burning well, but I haven't had a chance to try them in a tight fitting votive, which I think will be necessary to get the rated "10 hours out of them" I will update once I've tried that.

I got some tight fitting votives and they last a solid 9hrs for me. They have all lit fine and burned clean and reliably so far. I think $/hour these are the best votives I've found so far, but beware you may not get what you're looking for if you NEED 10hrs, especially if you are burning them in a loose fitted container.
on June 25, 2016
I could not get longer than 6 hours out of these candles. So I would recommend on planning on buying double what you need, or try a different brand.
on September 26, 2016
I gave four stars only because these candles are a little smaller than most votive candles usually found in department stores that are "brand name" candles such as "candle-lite." Therefore, they do not burn as long. However, they do burn clean and (so far) the wicks have not "sooted over" during the burn time. The average burn for these is appx 9 hours but they do not (have not yet) completely burned all the wax and leave a small puddle of unburned wax in the bottom of the holder. They are nice candles, "clean" of any wax residue, pretty and suitable for any occasion.
on February 26, 2017
These candles look very small when they arrive, but they really do burn for a very long time (I have not timed exactly how long yet). I really liked the box they came in - it keeps them together looking nice and tidy, and also helps protect them from being damaged during storage. As for the question I asked before purchasing these, YES, they do fit into salt candle holders. They burn very nicely in them (and that was the whole reason we bought these). These are very affordable votives for anyone who is using a lot of them - we saved quite a bit by buying them in bulk this way, and the box of all of them surprisingly isn't very big. I definitely recommend these, and plan on buying more when these are gone (but it will be awhile).
on August 1, 2017
I don't know why I'm having such bad luck with these candles when everyone else seems to love them, but I am definitely not impressed. I don't get even close to 10 hours of burn time, I'm lucky if I get six. The flame also tends to almost go out frequently so you don't even get a nice flame, it's just barely lit. It also leaves a lot of wax in the holder when it finally burns out. Overall just really disappointed in these and definitely will not be buying again.
on March 21, 2016
Burn long and without fuss, but require a special holder to hold the liquid wax. I managed to get between 9.5 and 11 hours out of them, depending on the holder. The longest, most complete burn came in a snugly-fitting tapered round glass holder slightly taller than the candle. The shortest one was in a square holder because the wax did not liquify as completely. Still, even 9.5 hours is more than enough for a nice long party. I would prefer votive candles that stay solid like tapers, but they seem to be hard to find. Still, now that I have the proper holders, I would order these again.