Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Package Quantity: 1|Size: DESIGN 1|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,127 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,194 reviews
on May 13, 2014
This rack is perfect, it's sturdy easy to assemble and looks amazing. It holds a lot and really helps organize the kitchen. The bar across the top is a great touch, it allows for hanging pots or utensil.

Once it's together, it's sturdy and doesn't wobble like some other racks I've tried. My floors aren't totally level but the rack has adjustable feet on the poles and a few quick turns and it's solid as a rock. The cutting board top didn't lay completely flat, not sure if it warped or the rack it was on wasn't level but, I put a small piece of double sided tape on the underside of one corner and that took care of the issue.
review image review image review image
77 comments| 317 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2015
This is a very sturdy rack! It fits my needs perfectly for my small space. I added a photo of my 'work in progress'. I plan to remove a couple of things and replace with other items. I also added 4 castors with brakes because I have to move the shelf from time to time. It took a long, long online search to find castors that fit this unit. I couldn't find any on Amazon, so I was forced to look elsewhere. However, I finally found a set that fits securely at The Castor Depot. There is still about 1/16 of an inch gap between the leg and the wheel (after tightening as much as I could)- but I'm okay with that. It gets the job done.

About the castors: CastorDepot (dot) com ; Twin Wheel Castor Solutions. Manufacturer Part # TWUN-75N-M10-BK-B
Swivel caster with Plastic / Nylon Black wheel; Pedal Brake; 30'127" x 60'127" Threaded Stem: 110 lbs EACH castor = 440 lbs Dynamic Capacity. Stem diameter: 0.2362in / 5.99948mm
on June 16, 2014
If you have the space, buy this.

I posted some pictures with measurements of the rack since that's what a lot of people seem to be asking about.

My apartment has half the space of my old apartment so this is a perfect addition. I'm 5'2'' so the height of the cutting board is perfect for me to rest stuff on; haven't used it for cutting yet.

I suggest buying shelf liners for the spice rack. Usually sold at Walmart, they look like white plastic beads that got melted together a little bit and stop stuff from sliding. On the top rack, it also keeps smaller spices, like vanilla extract, from falling through the gaps or tilting backwards.

Top shelf isn't made for heavy stuff, I'd just keep light spices up there and not 1/2 gallon containers of oil. Although, if this Whitmor product is like the rest of them, then it should be able to handle a 1/2 gallon oil container.

SIDE NOTE:
Whitmor customer service is fast, friendly, and to the point. There's a reason I own this, a microwave stand, and two 5-shelf units by them.

If anyone wants more pictures of what it looks like set up please let me know! :-)
11 comment| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2015
I bought this for my dog. No seriously. Her stuff was taking over my small apartment kitchen and I need the space for a dining area. She needed a raised platform for her food and water bowls, and a spot where I can stash her toy box and treats. It fits perfectly, is VERY sturdy ( and the bottom has leveling feet pegs ), not too big or small, and the adjustable shelves mean you can fit just about anything you need on this rack, exactly where you need it. Amazon had the best price across multiple sites, with Prime. My actual Prime delivery not including the weekend was annoyingly ~4 days but whatever. I am in love with this item. Beware the box it comes in is quite large (Amazon put the box in a box, unnecessary but thanks?) so it's awkward and heavy to carry. But once you get it all set up it's not so burly. Only took about 15 minutes to put together as well.
review image
on February 7, 2015
This little rack is so sandy beach chic!! Get one! Get this one. It's a customized extension of any kitchen. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
on May 22, 2017
I was initially shopping for a kitchen cart. I wanted to replace an old, rickety bar cart that had been in the family for 50 years. It had broken wheels & a cracked top shelf. Since I'm not much of a "fashion" or furniture person, I had never heard of a "Kitchen Bakers Rack." When I saw photos of them, I thought, "Perfect....a kitchen cart with two extra shelves and a place to hang my new Stainless Steel skillets. And, I won't need to move the unit around, so wheels would not be needed.

I was pleasantly surprised when the unit arrived in two days, even though I didn't request two-day shipping! Everything was well packaged & well protected. I was able to assemble it alone (without any tools) in about an hour - and I am terrible at assembling anything. The unit looks very nice in my den, which is next to my kitchen. The size is perfect, in fact I'm planning to put another one in the kitchen.
Since I already have a cutting board, I won't use the wood on the top shelf for preparing food. It looks nice & breaks up the shiny chrome appearance of the rest of the unit. Another nice feature is the leveling adjustment. It was really needed. After assembly, the unit wobbled front to back. It was very easy & fast to adjust it so it was solid. I adjusted it so the unit leaned back slightly. A kit to secure the unit to the wall was included if desired. Extra plastic clips that keep the shelves in place were also included.
One issue to be aware of: When installing the top shelf (the 3rd from the bottom), you have to decide what you want to hang from the four hooks provided. Larger pots & pans will need clearance, so the shelf will have to be lower than it appears in the photos.

If I had to use only three words to review this product, I'd have to say, "Money Well Spent."
VINE VOICEon July 24, 2017
Pretty easy to put together without any tools. Get the bottom shelf in place and then put it where you want it in the room and then start building it up. The cutting board is very heavy so be careful. One note, it can be a bit rickety. The big issue is the brown plastic brackets-check to see the brackets say Top at the top and note that there are grooves inside that match the grooves carved into the poles. They click in when they are just wright. Click one side into the right groove, then add the second side.

I think the rounded corners are supposed to fit OVER the brown clips, but only 2 of them did, and one actually started to slip over it instead of resting above or on it. So all our brown brackets are showing and one is quite wobbly, but jamming something into the gap between the hole edges and the pole edges can help. Check the feet too, ours was toppling forward until we adjusted the leg. Any kids or pets in the house, definitely use the wall bracket to anchor it to the wall. Quite good quality for the price and the size is just about perfect for our needs. I thought it would be a bit taller. The top shelf is eye level and I am 5 feet 7. Very happy to get something so clean and neat looking for the price.

The cutting board top is awesome. I will be protecting it with a glass one to keep it so nice-looking. It comes with 4 hooks. I bought an extra pack to hang all my utensils and am in general 95% happy with how things turned out.
on September 19, 2015
Love it, a tad bit shorter than I expected but still beautiful
review image
on December 18, 2014
We needed additional storage for our poorly laid out apartment kitchen which sorely lacks counter space. This definitely does the job and for a great price. We researched a lot of options and we settled on this one. It was very easy to put together. We have had no concerns so far about its strength or durability. The shelves are adjustable and have the counter-top surface as high as possible which is great for chopping. Unfortunately, the wooden top is the worst part. The surface is nice and breaks up the all metal look, but the wood was warped from the beginning and always tilted up and down as we chopped. We eventually used felt dots to level the surface and this has worked really well. Aside from needing to level the top this set-up has worked really well and we are so happy we bought it. As long as you are willing to deal with a potentially unlevel top then I would definitely recommend this product!
review image review image
11 comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2016
I needed to free up some counter space in my small kitchen, and this rack was very affordable priced, so I ordered it. It arrived quickly (got to love Prime), and I was very excited to put it together.

Cons: Cut to two hours later, and I was still struggling to get this thing put together. If you are handy and have no problem assembling furniture and things like this, then you should be fine. But for people like myself who would rather not have to put anything together ever, this might be a struggle. I would calculate at least an hour for assembly.

Pros: It looks awesome!! This looks like a $200 rack. The chopping board is massive and beautiful natural wood. The chrome is so shiny and industrial looking. It has freed up a ton of space on my counters, too. I placed my microwave on the bottom rack, my extra glassware and kitchen utensils on the middle rack, cute measuring cups and stuff on the chopping block, cookbooks and canisters on the top rack, and oven mitts hanging from the hooks. It looks great and I couldn't have gotten something such good quality anywhere else for such a good price. I wish I could give it 4.5 stars, but I'm giving 4 because 5 is too many considering the pain that was putting it together.