- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Watkins; New edition edition (February 1, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1842931636
- ISBN-13: 978-1842931639
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 0.8 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 180 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #30,211 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Who Built the Moon? Paperback – December 31, 2006
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Christopher Knight has written five very successful books. His first book, The Hiram Key, co-authored with Robert Lomas, was published in 1996 and it immediately went into the UK top ten, bestseller list and remained there for 8 consecutive weeks. It has since been translated into 37 languages and sold over a million copies worldwide, becoming a bestseller in several countries. Alan Butler, a qualified engineer, but always fascinated by history made himself into something of an expert in astrology and astronomy. He has published four successful books on the Knights Templar and the Grail legend. He is also a published playwright and a very successful radio dramatist. They are co-authors of the best selling Civilization One.
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-3 of 180 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- The size of the moon from the Earth is the same relative size as the sun for a total solar eclipse to occur.
- The moon's diameter is exactly 400 times smaller than the sun. The moon is also 1/400th the distance between the Earth and the sun.
- The sidereal period of the moon is 27.321 days. The circumference of the moon is 27.322% the circumference of the Earth.
- The Sun is exactly 109.288 times the size of the Earth (4 x 27.322). The circumference of the Moon is 10928.8 kms (400 x 27.322)
- The Earth is 3.66 times larger than the moon. The Earth takes 366 days to complete one solar orbit.
- The rotation of the moon turns at precisely the velocity that it does relative to the Earth so that one side is always facing us.
- The moon is likely hollow or without a core and that when the Apollo landers crashed into it that it unexpectedly rang like a bell for several hours.
- The lunar surface contains the same isotopic signatures as the composition of rocks from the Earth but contains no heavy metals such as iron.
- The mass of the moon would neatly fit into the recesses between the Earth's continents suggesting that it was "carved" out of the Earth itself and that the generally accepted "Big Whack" theory that the moon was the byproduct of a violent collision with another planetoid the size of Mars is wrong and cannot be reconciled by a game of planetary billiards.
The odds of all of these observable facts and computations about our moon being the result of some naturally occurring phenomena are astronomically improbable as to be impossible. With regards to the Anthropic Principal it can be inferred by Albert Einstein who eloquently said that "God does not play dice with the universe" leading to the inescapable conclusion that the moon was strategically "placed" into orbit around our planet at the exact distance and inclination to the ecliptic plane that it is at in order to stabilize the tides and the seasons so that life as we know it could exist and evolve. Creationists will argue that it is further proof that it could only have been the product of divine creation as if placed precisely where it is by the hand of God, but to that I contend, "Built by God or built by an advanced extraterrestrial intelligence?"
Or was it time travelers from the distant future that terraformed our own existence 4.6 billion years ago, as the authors postulate?