Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 1, 2013, 7:20:31 AM PST
Arnold Nappi says:
Is it me or has the Killer of Asmodean never been revealed?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013, 8:52:15 AM PST
Greandahl did (Towers of Midnight).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013, 4:17:58 AM PST
R. Smith says:
Specifically, it was mentioned in Graendal's entry of the glossary.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013, 2:14:32 PM PST
Arnold Nappi says:
Thank you for the info. Although I have read all 13 novels twice now I missed the answer both times. It's in there if you read between the lines. I guess I should start reading the glossaries as well. Thanks again as it was driving me nuts.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013, 2:55:03 PM PST
apbadd says:
The only implicit mention of her murder of Asmo was when (if I recall correctly) Moriding confronted her for now being responsible for the death of three of the Forsaken. This was after she ditched the castle that Rand balefired out of existance that had Arangar and whoever the other one was inside.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013, 4:53:46 PM PST
Was Arangar Asmodean reincarnated? I'm a bit slow working things out sometimes even when it's staring me in the face. It has to be because even though s/he had a female body, s/he channelled Saidin. I don't remember if in fact this body change was confirmed or even hinted at.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013, 4:51:46 PM PST
No. Arangar was Balthamel.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013, 5:02:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2013, 5:04:14 PM PST
Help me here Nathaniel... did Asmodean get reincarnated? As I said a lot of this stuff goes over my head. Despite naming myself "Caught-on", it seems I didn't catch on very well at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013, 5:27:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2013, 5:31:37 PM PST
No, Asmodean was never resurrected (at least that we know of). If you go back and read the sections where he serves as Rand's teacher up until his death, you begin to get the sense that as time goes on his allegiances perhaps begin to shift. Whether it is because he is truly repentant or simply as a means of self-preservation (I think he realizes just how powerful Rand can become), I don't think we'll ever know. So, when he died, it either appeared that he had betrayed the Dark One or he actually had, and as such, resurrection was out of the question.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013, 5:41:49 PM PST
I've been labouring over that misunderstanding for a long time, thanks for clearing that up Nathaniel. So maybe he was balefired out of existence, no body was found.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013, 1:19:57 PM PST
A. Loerch says:
Rand had actually severed Asmodean's link to the dark one, shortly before his disappearance.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013, 10:55:14 AM PST
Brad Smith says:
I do have to say, I appreciated it actually being called out in Graendal's entry. I had to show that to a friend of mine, she hadn't noticed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013, 11:08:04 AM PST
rammstein23 says:
Earlier comments are correct. It was Graendal. Look in the glossary section of Towers of Midnight, it may even be in Gathering Storm. It states clearly that Graendal killed Asmodean. I was actually rather annoyed since Jordan said he would never reveal the answer and that the audience had all the information we needed to reach our own conclusions. I enjoyed the mystery and the fan debates.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013, 4:38:00 PM PST
It was a bit concerning to learn an answer of such a well-debated subject in a conclusive fashion only in the glossary. It would have been far better served to have come out in character interaction (in a non-ambiguous way) in one of the novels and THEN appeared in the Glossary of that novel and forward.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013, 4:49:21 PM PST
Arnold Nappi says:
I agree with Michael. I've read and re-read so many times. I picked up The Eye of the World way back in 1997. For the life of me I couldn't figure out who Asmodean's murderer was. Out of desperation I ask you my fellow readers for an answer. I felt slighted when I was told that the murderer had been revealed through several "clues" in text and was confirmed in the glossary which I never read. It made me feel my reading skills were inferior to have missed the answer on my own.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013, 5:29:30 PM PST
Don't worry Arnold we're in the same boat. I'm a musician and I guess I tend to make an artistic interpretation of a story rather than a list of facts and figures, so to speak. Yes I absorb the little snippets, perhaps subconsciously, and they become part of the big picture, but the ability to cite these things escapes me. For example I kind of felt that Graendal was the murderer, but I can't say why I came to that way of thinking. What I didn't get was the whole reincarnation thing, the "who is whom" went right over my head. I'll read Memory of Light, then wait a while, and then armed with this new knowledge, start a final re-read of all 14 books in succession, just to sew all the tiny but important details into my somewhat tangled mental tapestry.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013, 10:00:34 AM PST
chiwawa0540 says:
Charles S. Gaston did!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013, 10:02:57 AM PST
eric says:
Then he had gay buttsex with the corpse.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Jan 1, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
A Memory of Light  (Wheel of Time, Book 14)
A Memory of Light (Wheel of Time, Book 14) by Robert Jordan (Hardcover - January 8, 2013)
4.6 out of 5 stars (4,150)